Originally Posted by AlpineJim
Yeah, Hayden won't be back for Honda next year title or not. I don't blame him.
Here's what I am hearing:
1. Stoner has a one year contract and he is being courted to possibly ride with Rossi next year or take "Gravelplows" place with Ducati.
2. Hayden has not even talked "contract" with Honda and both Ducati and Yamaha have interest in signing him if Honda does not.
3. Sete, Edwards and a few others will probably be out of GP next year.
4. Max Biaggi will probably race SBK next year.
5. James Toseland wants a GP ride next year but where? Maybe a non factory supported Honda team??
If Hayden wins the championship Honda would be stupid to let him go. He's too important for the American market. Not having an American on a Honda would not be a wise business decision. However, if it's true that Nicky is not getting the support he needs (and I doubt that is the case, Honda wants to win and winning is all that matters) then I wouldn't blame him for leaving and signing with Yamaha or Ducati.
With the new 800cc bikes rider weight will be even more important. Unfortunately it looks like "Mini-me" will have an even greater advantage (less torque for the heavier riders to get better drives).
Whatever happens, I'll stick with Hayden. If he goes to Yamaha or Ducati I still think he will have a chance to win. He's still pretty young and hungry to win.
Gotta love the comments past champions have made about Pedrosa.
"If it wasn't for traction control, Pedrosa would not be in MotoGP....'