[SOMEBODY's] run for a MotoGP championship... **** SPOILER **** - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool [SOMEBODY's] run for a MotoGP championship... **** SPOILER ****

WHOOPS!!!

Now I know other threads have already been started about this, but it's never the same w/o an Omarvelous pic to start it off!

Now I did say that we would have a crazy ending to the end of the season but who would've expected this!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Rossi was Rossi, as expected...And Nicky, well....he didn't exactly have the chance to be consistent Nicky! You just gotta feel for the kid. I mean it's one thing to have the championship slip from your hands...but it's a whole nother thing to have it happen like that! Nicky does have a chance...but @ Valencia, obviously you're going to have to expect Rossi to be Rossi!

Now everyone is clear that Rossi is a better rider, no doubt about that. And Nicky's consistency and main reason for leading (before today) was because of a "team" effort. But CLEARLY there was NO teamwork there! You can blame Dani all you want. But even as Nicky said...Repsol Honda should've had a team strategy! Props to Colin for doing his thing!!!

Now onto Valencia! GOOOOOOO ROSSI!!!!!!

P.S. Be nice everyone! I see ALOT of tension floating around this forum over this topic!!! Let's keep the mutual respect going!!!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
It aint that easy to depart once u are in you are in for life regardless of what u ride
...And that's why I'm still here! :01_thumbu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:11 PM
World Superbike Racer

Nice pic...........I bet Hayden has looked at that clip a thousand times and I bet he shakes his head every time.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:28 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
I felt so bad for Hayden as I watched the interview. He was so broken up. Pedrosa is a facking idoit for riding on his ass the way he was doing. So much for teamwork, thats a lesson that Honda needs to learn from team Yamaha.

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:32 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
All I can say is LOL

In another thread the Hayden fanbois are poo pooing Pedrosa for taking Hayden out. You know that if Pedrosa had crashed pulling the same maneuver but instead took Rossi out they would all be saying "Rossi should just deal with it! It's racing!" Well, toche'.

How many DNFs has Rossi had this year? 3 - China, France and Laguna.

How many DNFs has Hayden had this year? 1 (now)

If Hayden was in fact the better rider, then he wouldn't be in a points pickle and having been taken out for one race wouldn't be a big deal.

2005 BMW R1200GS
2005 Kawasaki KLR650
1971 Honda CL350
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:33 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Someone should put a big red "OWNED!!!!111oneone" on that pic..
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtcOliverNorth
All I can say is LOL

In another thread the Hayden fanbois are poo pooing Pedrosa for taking Hayden out. You know that if Pedrosa had crashed pulling the same maneuver but instead took Rossi out they would all be saying "Rossi should just deal with it! It's racing!" Well, toche'.

If Hayden was in fact the better rider, then he wouldn't be in a points pickle and having been taken out for one race wouldn't be a big deal.

maybe you havent heard. Pedrosa is nicky's teamate. The point is, if hrc didnt have their head up their ass and had a team strategy like yamaha........
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:46 PM

Quote:
All I can say is LOL

Hayden has also had problems with his bike for half the season. The bike was actually working well this weekend, and he actually got a good start and was right there. Who knows what would have happened. I'm not saying Nicky is a better rider than Rossi, but he's probably got the best shot at being the next champion out of anyone else out there. Consistency is good. Just look at guys like Capirossi, who for a couple races looked unstoppable. Where did he finish in Portugal? Nicky has been in the top 5 in just about every race this season. That's not easy to do. If he doesn't win it this year, he will next year.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
All I can say is LOL

+1....I like it...
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:02 AM
World Superbike Racer

To reuse a quote:

"It's racing!"

(oh, and I left a "u" out of touche', my bad)

2005 BMW R1200GS
2005 Kawasaki KLR650
1971 Honda CL350
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:17 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Pedrosa committed the ultimate sin in road racing. Simple as that.

He took out his teammate, who happened to the points leader, over self-esteem issues he may have.

Just think about it. Nicky joined Team Repsol in Vale's shadow. Pedrosa recently joined, but who's to say he's not better? He's a multiple 250cc champion, where Hayden has only a couple national championships. Dani obviously believes he's better, which makes the fact that Nicky has been up on points the entire season on him a hard pill to swallow.

So, it's been his priority to prove to the world that he's better regardless of points standings (which he probably thinks is a fluke). He probably took it personally when Nicky made that VERY close pass on him a lap earlier. I think Pedrosa wanted to get back at him by passing him in an even more "daring" fashion. Except the end results make him look like a MANIAC instead of the better rider.

It's a simple example of a young, egotistical rider. It's happened to lots of people, including myself, at trackdays, canyon runs and races. Some guy passes you (how dare he?) and you take it personally because you believe in your own mind that you're the better rider. So then you start riding with your emotions instead of your head, which results in bone-headed moves that you otherwise wouldn't pull. Stuff like passing too close, getting really aggressive, stuffing people, trying to keep up with your buddies, etc.

I hope everyone can see through that BS interview Dani gave. He should totally get punished for what he did. Committing the ultimate sin with what I think are those reasons is pretty hard to brush-off no matter who it involved (Edwards with Rossi).

Last edited by aren; 10-16-2006 at 12:26 AM.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:20 AM

"rubbins racing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarvelous

WHOOPS!!!

Now I know other threads have already been started about this, but it's never the same w/o an Omarvelous pic to start it off!

Now I did say that we would have a crazy ending to the end of the season but who would've expected this!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Rossi was Rossi, as expected...And Nicky, well....he didn't exactly have the chance to be consistent Nicky! You just gotta feel for the kid. I mean it's one thing to have the championship slip from your hands...but it's a whole nother thing to have it happen like that! Nicky does have a chance...but @ Valencia, obviously you're going to have to expect Rossi to be Rossi!

Now everyone is clear that Rossi is a better rider, no doubt about that. And Nicky's consistency and main reason for leading (before today) was because of a "team" effort. But CLEARLY there was NO teamwork there! You can blame Dani all you want. But even as Nicky said...Repsol Honda should've had a team strategy! Props to Colin for doing his thing!!!

Now onto Valencia! GOOOOOOO ROSSI!!!!!!

P.S. Be nice everyone! I see ALOT of tension floating around this forum over this topic!!! Let's keep the mutual respect going!!!
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Moto GP Racer

Anyways, bad ass race! :P
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 01:01 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Its a small clip, but I found this on google video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...hayden+pedrosa

WIL

2003 Honda CBR 600RR (Black) - Gone but not forgotten (11/10/07)
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 01:19 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cling
Anyways, bad ass race! :P
No $hit, I was on the edge of my seat till the very end!

2005 BMW R1200GS
2005 Kawasaki KLR650
1971 Honda CL350
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Knee Dragger

I uploaded a clip of my own....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...25504961&hl=en

04 600rr

Leo Vince Slip on
HEL SS brake lines
520 conv -1/+3
Vesrah RJL pads
LSL frame sliders
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 02:35 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Anyone wanna chime in with the links to the interviews??? Moe???

SOLD: '05 Slv/Blk 600RR
R.I.P. Mama a.k.a. Pansabelly
(03/20/98 - 10/21/05)
My Angel in Heaven

"whatever wrong goes on in your life , forces you to be at your best ... remember that"---thingamajiggs
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 02:40 AM

Quote:
All I can say is LOL

If Pedrosa would have taken out Rossi there would have been a strom of angry protest saying he did it on purpose. I don't think he took Nicky out on purpose, I just think the kid THINKS he's a better rider than he is. He took a stupid chance and in the process took out his own teammate. He has no concept of what's at stake here.

If I was HRC I would punish Dani somehow. Not fire the guy but let it be known if if that ever happens again.....

And no, I would not have been happy to see Dani take out Rossi. I want Hayden to win fair and square....(like not giving Rossi a free pass under yellow, etc...). To me this championship probably will not won by Rossi, but by Dorna and Dani.....
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
All I can say is LOL

Your mean, i dont like you anymore...

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 04:08 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
To me this championship probably will not won by Rossi, but by Dorna and Dani.....
Nothing will satisfy the Nicky fanbois. I guess it's Dorna's fault that he's a mediocre rider too.

2005 BMW R1200GS
2005 Kawasaki KLR650
1971 Honda CL350
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 04:35 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
And no, I would not have been happy to see Dani take out Rossi. I want Hayden to win fair and square....(like not giving Rossi a free pass under yellow, etc...). To me this championship probably will not won by Rossi, but by Dorna and Dani.....
Get over the yellow flag thing man. lol....Nicky fans are still going to be complaining about that next season.

The first race of the season Rossi was taken out in the first turn. Just like LtColivernorth said, "it's racing".

"not won by Rossi, but by Dorna and Dani...."?.......bwahahaah....you crack me up.
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 04:54 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
you can easily see Nicky screaming "god*mnit Dani, that was f*ckin bullsh*t!" as Dani just walks away shaking his head.
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
mms://wm.m***gp-emea-secure.edgestreams.net/wm.motogp-emea-secure_!/ppv_multimedia2/496/496758_23403.

Lets try this again.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 05:25 AM
World Superbike Racer

that was completely amazing for the least. i was amazed how nickys bike fliped while he was airborne and smacked him with the tires. He was as heated as anyone could be. If i were Nicky, id hit up Dani with a can of pain! oh, see https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=61221 for the can explanation

the only difference between suicide and killing yourself is whether or not you had fun while doing it. ( Me )

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. ( Jack Handey )

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by efinit
Anyone wanna chime in with the links to the interviews??? Moe???
Here u go bro i had them on page 5 on the other thread
Elias interview
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_multimedia2/496/496502_40627.wmv
Rossi interview
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_multimedia2/496/496516_54813.wmv
Kenny interview
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_multimedia2/496/496533_67898.wmv
Race Highlights
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_multimedia2/496/496647_51154.wmv
Pedrosa interview
http://videoxx.moxxtoxxgp.com/ppv_multimedia2/496/496697_59395.wmv

But as far as Nicky's press confrence i could not get
the link to work

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 09:38 AM

post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver05
Get over the yellow flag thing man. lol....Nicky fans are still going to be complaining about that next season.

The first race of the season Rossi was taken out in the first turn. Just like LtColivernorth said, "it's racing".

"not won by Rossi, but by Dorna and Dani...."?.......bwahahaah....you crack me up.
It's not "just racing" when someone's ILLEGAL move is not penalized. It was apparent to everyone, except DORNA.

Crashes, bike failures, tire failures. Yeah. That's racing.

Cheating is not racing.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I was watching "Live Timing" when that happened and didn't have the visual until Sunday mornning.

Man, that's one big mistake for Dani. I hate to say it again but racing is racing.

On the good note, accidents aside, that's one hell of a race to watch though.
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:18 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
It's not "just racing" when someone's ILLEGAL move is not penalized. It was apparent to everyone, except DORNA.

Crashes, bike failures, tire failures. Yeah. That's racing.

Cheating is not racing.

I agree. Considering that Stoner was just fined $1000 USD for his accidental block of Pedrosa in practice. Dorna is clearly showing favoritism towards Rossi. They have penalized him after a race and they should have done it again in Phillip Island.

I will say that what happened to Hayden is racing, but its unfortunate that it was his teammate and that it was a serioulsy stupid move. Yes part of racing, but still it was a really stupid move on Pedrosa's part.

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Nothing will satisfy the Nicky fanbois. I guess it's Dorna's fault that he's a mediocre rider too.
And you're not a Rossi fanboi? Get over it.

I re-watched the race during lunch today. It was still amazing to see that event happen and consider the consequences for Nicky. Even the commentators weren't sure what to do for a few laps. And I'm with a few of you, I doubt Dani really comprehends what he did. In fact, he or Nicky could have been seriously hurt. And Dani didn't look too concerned about Nicky as he walked away. And I would imagine that several of the higher ups at HRC are seriously reconsidering the team orders concept.

With all of that said, man the closing laps of that race were awesome. Elias was riding very aggressive, and could have easily taken himself out, Rossi, or Roberts. But great stuff, backing it in all over the place, and just riding the wheels off that thing. Not to mention, he saved Hayden 5 points. That race was pure spectacle. Roll on Valencia.
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If Dani knocked into ANYONE, I'd be pretty pissed off that he attempted such a stupid move. He had no control of the bike. He said so himself that he caught some of the "zebra strips" and lost the front end. If Dani specifically took out Rossi, I'd still be pissed because you know what? It's the same stupid pass event. If Hayden took out Colin Edwards on that pass, I'd be mad at Hayden for attempting such a stupid pass, because you know what? It was a stupid pass. If it was (and it was) Dani that knocked into Hayden on that pass, I'd be DOUBLY mad. You know why? Because 1. It's still a stupid passing maneuver, and 2. HE'S HIS FREAKING TEAMMATE!!!

So, no, I wouldn't be saying that, "It's just racing," if Dani pulled that on Rossi. In fact, there would be upheavel and theorists who'd think Dani did it on purpose. Furthermore, I think Hayden proved he's a great rider being fast (and faster in some cases than Rossi) all weekend. So, what other baseless comments are you going to make?

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"It´s not easier to ride, but I don´t need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page