More Motogp Rule Changes coming???? - 600RR.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,242
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More Motogp Rule Changes coming????

In the quest for competitiveness in the Motogp racing series rumors have been flying on additional rule changes to make the racing better in the forthcoming season.

In addition to the smaller engines and the new tire regulations it has been rumored that Valentino Rossi will be required to DNF 5 races in order to give the rest of the field a chance at actually winning a championship.

Apparently the 4 race lead graciously provided by Rossi Dnf'ing 3 rounds And Being Knocked down was not enough for the Would be Title contenders to secure the championship. Other rumors are that Vale will be forced to Start At the back of the Grid facing Backwards if he gets a 51 point lead at any time next year.

Also anyone with more than a 12 point lead with 2 rounds to go will be knocked off the track by an appointed rider.

Last edited by vizsladog; 10-17-2006 at 03:12 PM.
vizsladog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Fooldog01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Gillsville, GA
Posts: 1,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hehe... Man I like Rossi but geeze, if he doesn't get screwed over, he ruins the competition of MotoGP.

madbrown75 on adding Acetone to your gasoline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrown75 View Post
"I'll try it and let you guys know. I am not scared."

07' 600RR Red/Black
Akrapovic Slipon ~ Motovation Axle & Fork Sliders ~ Shogun Frame Sliders ~ Puig Screen ~ OEM Cowl ~ Sylvania SS Bulbs ~ Modded Hotbodies Flushies ~ PC'ed Rearsets, Heatshield, Levers & Pass Pegs ~ LP Rear Blinkers ~ Painted Subframe ~
Fooldog01 is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
silver05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 427
Images: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lol...hahhahhahahahha......that's funny.
silver05 is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Nemesis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizsladog
In the quest for competitiveness in the Motogp racing series rumors have been flying on additional rule changes to make the racing better in the forthcoming season.

In addition to the smaller engines and the new tire regulations it has been rumored that Valentino Rossi will be required to DNF 5 races in order to give the rest of the field a chance at actually winning a championship.

Apparently the 4 race lead graciously provided by Rossi Dnf'ing 3 rounds And Being Knocked down was not enough for the Would be Title contenders to secure the championship. Other rumors are that Vale will be forced to Start At the back of the Grid facing Backwards if he gets a 51 point lead at any time next year.

Also anyone with more than a 12 point lead with 2 rounds to go will be knocked off the track by an appointed rider.

bwwuuuahahahahahaaha!!!

That is too funny!!!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:12 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't think that's funny. You should add another rule then:

MotoGP has decided to make the additional rule change of making sure that Nicky Hayden has a bad clutch for the entire year, thereby perpetuating all nay-sayers such that Hayden will never be in contention for the World Championship.

MotoGp has also decided to order that all programming done on Robotface's CPU be in their complete control such that if anyone threatens the World Championship run of Valentino Rossi that the "Crash" button be used within proximity of his nearest teammate or World Championship contender.

Sorry, I'm a bit bitter right now as I'm re-watching the race and I'm furious all over again. Why do I keep watching it? I think I just want to incite so much rage that I provide the most negative energy upon the rest of Pedrosa's career...

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 04:16 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 326
Images: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizsladog
In the quest for competitiveness in the Motogp racing series rumors have been flying on additional rule changes to make the racing better in the forthcoming season.

In addition to the smaller engines and the new tire regulations it has been rumored that Valentino Rossi will be required to DNF 5 races in order to give the rest of the field a chance at actually winning a championship.

Apparently the 4 race lead graciously provided by Rossi Dnf'ing 3 rounds And Being Knocked down was not enough for the Would be Title contenders to secure the championship. Other rumors are that Vale will be forced to Start At the back of the Grid facing Backwards if he gets a 51 point lead at any time next year.

Also anyone with more than a 12 point lead with 2 rounds to go will be knocked off the track by an appointed rider.
The being knocked down part, was that when he qualified so miserably in Jerez that he had to start mid-pack, or when he knocked himself down during Assen practice and hurt himself?
jjh600RR is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 05:03 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
AtlasRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good one, too funny.
AtlasRR is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:06 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12
I don't think that's funny. You should add another rule then:

MotoGP has decided to make the additional rule change of making sure that Nicky Hayden has a bad clutch for the entire year, thereby perpetuating all nay-sayers such that Hayden will never be in contention for the World Championship.

MotoGp has also decided to order that all programming done on Robotface's CPU be in their complete control such that if anyone threatens the World Championship run of Valentino Rossi that the "Crash" button be used within proximity of his nearest teammate or World Championship contender.

Sorry, I'm a bit bitter right now as I'm re-watching the race and I'm furious all over again. Why do I keep watching it? I think I just want to incite so much rage that I provide the most negative energy upon the rest of Pedrosa's career...
Add in that Nicky is required to have multiple chassis and setup changes the entire year ;)
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
silver05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 427
Images: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Add in that Nicky is required to have multiple chassis and setup changes the entire year ;)
Yeah, too late for that one. Him and every other rider's setup change with each track.
silver05 is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 07:50 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver05
Yeah, too late for that one. Him and every other rider's setup change with each track.
Not exactly. Minor changes, yes. Nicky was getting major changes (such as entire new frames).

The other Hondas had the same frame and setup all year. All they had to do was change damping, rebound and maybe springs.

It's a lot easier to go faster when your bike isn't different each race...
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
silver05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California
Posts: 427
Images: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Not exactly. Minor changes, yes. Nicky was getting major changes (such as entire new frames).

The other Hondas had the same frame and setup all year. All they had to do was change damping, rebound and maybe springs.

It's a lot easier to go faster when your bike isn't different each race...
OH yeah I forgot that you were there at each track, with each team, and each factory as they set up for each race! Sorry about that.

I am sure each team had much more tuning than just "damping, rebound and maybe springs" don't you think. These are world class machines man. Not just the average 600rr doing a track day. =)

Last edited by silver05; 10-17-2006 at 08:52 PM.
silver05 is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
SLAPS808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego County, SoCal
Posts: 28,565
Thanks: 179
Thanked 365 Times in 284 Posts
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
buawahahahahahahahahahaha

that was too funny mang! thanks for the laugh viszla.






Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
SLAPS808 is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 05:39 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 799
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Not exactly. Minor changes, yes. Nicky was getting major changes (such as entire new frames).

The other Hondas had the same frame and setup all year. All they had to do was change damping, rebound and maybe springs.

It's a lot easier to go faster when your bike isn't different each race...
I like Nicky too, but I'm so tired of hearing all the reasons he isn't in first.

Valentino swapped chassis multiple times in the beginning of the season. Yamaha struggled with setup and it looked like they might not even be competitive due to front end chatter. Vale just worked through it.

Let's not even talk about DNF's... Two tire failures and a motor failure far outweigh one submarine job by your teammate. You hear people saying that Hayden "handed Rossi the title"... what a joke! Rossi has been dominant all year once he dialed it in. The difference between Rossi and Hayden isn't so much about talent, it's about mindset. Despite all the trouble Rossi had this year I guarantee he never once thought he wasn't going to be champion... and Hayden never 100 percent believed that he WOULD be.

I think Nicky is very talented, he just needs a little Schwantz in him to make the next step. If you think back, one thing every World Champion had is a swagger.
CCSEX122 is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,242
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOl......glad most have a sence of humor
vizsladog is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 12:15 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver05
OH yeah I forgot that you were there at each track, with each team, and each factory as they set up for each race! Sorry about that.

I am sure each team had much more tuning than just "damping, rebound and maybe springs" don't you think. These are world class machines man. Not just the average 600rr doing a track day. =)
You don't need to be at the track, this is common knowledge. If you pay attention to the interviews Nicky tells you what they did that weekend. Getting new chassis, changing the clutch, trying different springs/settings, etc. He's said it all year that the bike is different every time he rides it due to the changes they are making (ie: New frame, changing the swingarm pivot, etc).
SilverSurfer is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 12:18 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,212
Images: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSEX122
I think Nicky is very talented, he just needs a little Schwantz in him to make the next step. If you think back, one thing every World Champion had is a swagger.
I think he does have the swagger, he's just not an arse.

Nicky is a hard worker, loves what he does, wants to compete and wants to win. If you saw the way he rode earlier this year and at Assen and just before Dani took him out you could see that fire.

And I think you'll see it at Valencia as well.
SilverSurfer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome