Sete will miss Valencia & Checa is all happy - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Sete will miss Valencia & Checa is all happy

Well after Sete opted for special treatment in hopes of being fixed for the season finalle, it seems it wont be enough.

Quote:
Following initial medical checks in the Clinica Mobile immediately after the accident (pictured), the Ducati Marlboro rider left Estoril to undergo a further medical check. This confirmed a fracture of the fifth metacarpal bone in his right hand and damage to one of the plates previously inserted in his left collarbone.
In the last four months Gibernau has undergone two operations to repair the collarbone break following his turn one accident at Catalunya and now, following medical advice, has opted for a more conservative treatment under the care of Dr Angel Villamor of the San José Hospital in Madrid.
At first another operation was considered, but it was finally decided to opt for a non-invasive technique under local anaesthetic. This consists of the application of cells extracted from Gibernau's hip which will then be injected into the two injured areas. The results will then be analysed to establish a period of recovery and verify whether or not Gibernau can race in the Valencian Grand Prix - an event that looks like being his last for Ducati, which is believed to signed 21-year-old Stoner to replace him next season.
Now this Today....

Quote:
Despite a successful operation to transplant stem cells into his damaged hand and collarbone, the Spaniard will not be fit in time for the Valencia season finale on October 29.
Gibernau injured his still-healing left collarbone and fractured the fifth metacarpal bone in his right hand when he struck Casey Stoner's fallen bike early in Sunday's Portuguese Grand Prix. Gibernau had only just recovered from two operations to plate the same collarbone after it was broken in June's Catalan Grand Prix.
Gibernau, who left hospital on Tuesday, now requires a period of rest which will rule him out of the final GP of the 2006 season. In the next few days Ducati Corse will decide whether or not to replace him for the race - but the team already appears to have replaced him for 2007, with 21-year-old rookie Stoner - already confirmed as leaving Honda LCR - now all but certain to ride alongside Loris Capirossi next season.
In the meantime, two days of tests for the Ducati MotoGP team have concluded at the Estoril circuit, after being affected by changeable weather. Capirossi and test rider Vittoriano Guareschi managed to take advantage of every moment of available track time to continue development work on the Desmosedici GP7.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Also found this report about Carlos Checa...

Quote:
Carlos Checa has spoken of his delight at securing a surprise LCR Honda ride, on Michelin tyres, for the 2007 MotoGP season.

The 34-year-old Spaniard has raced in 173 premier-class grands prix over an 11 year career in which he has taken two wins, 24 podiums and three pole positions. For much of that time the sponsor friendly Checa had a reputation for crashing, but a strong season at Ducati in 2005 and then a tireless 2006 on a Dunlop shod Tech 3 Yamaha has revived his career.

Checa has taken the seat of rookie Casey Stoner, who has left the team - almost certainly for a factory Ducati ride. Checa and Stoner came close to being team-mates at Honda Pons this season, only for the withdraw of title sponsor Camel to end that project and force both Checa and Stoner to find alternative teams.

"Lucio Cecchinello, team manager of the LCR, has announced that I will join his structure for season 2007. That means that I will compete with the new 800cc Honda equipped with Michelin tyres," Checa wrote on his official website. "This is a very important challenge in my career after a season which has been marked by a non-stop struggling. I am very motivated for both the bike and the people; riding with Honda nine years after the last time is very stimulating, and I am also very glad because Lucio is not only a great professional but also a good friend of mine from a long time ago.
"I'll talk about this new fantastic project more in the near future, but now I must focused on the last grand prix of the season in Valencia as I would like to close this year with the best result possible for my current team. All at Yamaha Tech 3 have been doing their best during this year and they really deserve it. I want to take this opportunity to thank Yamaha, Dunlop and of course Herve Poncharal for their trust on me and their incredible effort during this season. I hope that giving my hundred per cent at Ricardo Tormo Circuit will be the best gift for them."

Checa has taken a best finish of seventh this season and sits 15th in the world championship standings - four positions and 45 points above team-mate James Ellison.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 04:17 AM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
now on a duke, if stoner can stay on and finish he is gonna be ffast!!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 12:15 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Man, what a disasterous season for Sete. The Rossi curse is getting worse on him, its literally breaking him! I doubt we will see him again on a GP bike...the Rossi curse stuck!

Good for Stoner and Checa, I like both of them. I think they are great opportunities for both riders.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

I think Sete went downhill wen he left Movistar, i mean has the guy spend more than one season on anything? I think that kinda screwed him.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

.... and this just in...

Quote:
Word has it that Bayliss could well be on the injured Sete Gibernau's Ducati for Valenica. With his former chief engineer running the test team, there is plenty of scope for him to get some miles in before Spain.

...and the arrival of the 800?

Now that Capirossi cannot win the title, there is the opportunity for the 800cc bike to come to Valencia and get some track time/PR. With a short straight such as there is at Valencia, coupled with the tight track, it could be a ripper of a bike to have.

At the Motegi test the bike was quicker onto the home straight by a click than the 990, and indeed at Mugello, with the works riders on board, it is now only losing 5/6kph to the 990. Up to 305kph the 800 is ahead of the 990, but then sheer horsepower takes over - and that would be just at the last yards of the straight, as pole last year by Gibernau saw him break the speed trap into the first corner at 310.2kph.

Last edited by snikwad; 10-18-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page