Bayliss To Take Gibernau’s Seat At MotoGP Finale In Valencia - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bayliss To Take Gibernau’s Seat At MotoGP Finale In Valencia

Another stepping stone for Nicky.This is not good,as Bayliss has his game on this year.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=27400

The Ducati Marlboro Team goes into the 2006 season finale aiming to end MotoGP's 990cc era on a high by adding to its haul of race wins and podium finishes. Loris Capirossi will race at Valencia alongside former team-mate Troy Bayliss because Sete Gibernau is unfit to ride following further treatment to the collarbone he broke at June's Catalan GP and damaged again at the recent Portuguese GP. Bayliss contested the 2003 and 2004 MotoGP championships with the Ducati Marlboro Team and won his second World Superbike title with Ducati earlier this month.

The 2006 season has been the Ducati Marlboro Team's most successful since it first entered the MotoGP World Championship in 2003. Capirossi has doubled his previous number of victories for the team by taking three wins (at Jerez, Brno and Motegi) plus four further podiums, two pole positions (at Jerez and Motegi) and four fastest laps.

In contesting the final 990cc MotoGP event Bayliss will ‘bookend' the public life of Ducati's 990cc Desmosedici because he also gave the V4 its first public outing at the 2002 Valencia GP, riding a few demo laps alongside Ducati test rider Vittoriano Guareschi. Both Bayliss and Capirossi have scored podium finishes on the Desmosedici at Valencia, Capirossi taking third in 2003, Bayliss third the following year.

LORIS CAPIROSSI, Ducati Marlboro Team rider, 4th overall, 209 points
"Estoril was a bad weekend for us but the prevoious four races were amazing, the bike and the tyres working really well, so we hope that we will be in similar shape at Valencia so we can once again fight for the podium. Valencia is such a strange racetrack, like a go-kart track which makes it very tough on a MotoGP bike. The Valencia weekend is never easy because the circuit is very unusual, with many slow-speed corners that lead into each other and very few right-handers. It's maybe not the ideal racetrack for MotoGP bikes, though it seems a lot of fun on a 125 or a 250. Looking at the year overall, we've had some great moments and some bad moments. I think the big first-turn crash at Barcelona lost us the chance of winning the title, but I don't think about it any more, I think only of the present and of the future. I understand that this is the correct attitude because I have been racing in GPs for 17 years and during those years I have made many mistakes, but you must always move on, don't dwell on the past".

TROY BAYLISS, Ducati Marlboro Team rider
"The only way I can put it is that I appreciate the opportunity that has been given to me to race at Valencia with the Ducati Marlboro Team. I feel sorry of course for Sete, who won't be able to race in his home GP, but it sort of makes sense that I have been called to replace him. I was there at the start of the whole Ducati MotoGP project four years ago, the decision just fell into place and I am sure there are lots of people in the Company and lots of fans who want to see me at Valencia. My season has finished and I have this great opportunity now so it's nice for all concerned and it'll also be great to join up again with some of my old team and mechanics. I feel really good it's Valencia, because it's a track I know like the back of my hand and I've always had good results there. I'll be thrown in at the deep end and won't have much time for practice but I know the bike pretty well. The only thing I won't have tried are the Bridgestone, but we'll take it step by step and see how it goes from there".

Why do the vendors want us to buy there stuff when they never have it in stock?
:book1: One thing leads to another and the next thing you know,your bike is a piece of neglected junk. :book1:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 01:30 AM
C.A.H.N founder / President

When I thought the race couldn't get anymore intense this has to happen. It's gonna be good and I can already tell you I won't have any nails left watching this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 02:44 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Eh, I doubt Bayliss is going to be a factor in the fight for the lead. He's a great rider but he's not going to come in for one race and be able to horse the bike around at the front of the pack. A top ten finish would be a good result for him.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
id like to see how he adapts.

damn i cant wait for this race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Superbike racer

Troy had is A game on in WSBK, but I doubt he'll be a factor in the race....good to see him back though

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=61479

CCS EX#100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page