MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Stoner Calls Rossi a Whiner

From MCN:

MotoGP: Casey Stoner says tyre complaints are just whinging

By Matthew Birt
MotoGP
27 July 2007 13:29
CASEY STONER reckons Valentino Rossi's complaints about the new tyre rule are just sour grapes as the Australian takes giant steps towards a first MotoGP world title.

After Valentino rossi said the new-for-2007 tyre restrictions were killing the spectacle of MotoGP, Stoner said he thinks the restrictions are making MotoGP a more level playing field and that Bridgestone is simply doing a better job than under pressure rivals Michelin, who can no longer ship in special tyres made overnight.

The Australian Ducati star said: "They can moan and whinge about it as much as they want but it shows they've had such an advantage in the past. They just haven't been capable of bringing in a great tyre just for the race. At the beginning of the season they were all for it. And as soon as they don't win it's crap and as soon as they win it's nothing. I've had my bad races this year, especially in Germany and I'm not complaining about the tyre rule and that it is unfair. It's something you have to live with and you have rely on the company that supports you.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP NEWS Guru

The only riders that have been vocal about the Michelin tires have been Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa. Many other riders have said that MotoGP should move to a spec-tire or change the rule somewhat, including Nicky Hayden. But the vehement opposition to the tire rule has come from Rossi, including support from ex-arch nemesis, Max Biaggi from the SBK paddock:

Quote:
MotoGP: Max Biaggi and Valentino Rossi finally agree

By Michael Guy

MotoGP

27 July 2007 12:00

For one of the first times bitter rivals Max Biaggi and Valentino Rossi have agreed on something - that the tyre situation in Moto GP is ruining the championship. Biaggi has revealed that he thinks tyres are making too big a difference in MotoGP with recent races being decided by what rubber each rider is on and not rider ability.

In the last round of MotoGP in Laguna Seca, Rossi who uses Michelins was unable to match the pace of the his rival Bridgestone runners and had to settle for fourth claiming that Bridgestone’s race tyres were as good as his own Michelin qualifiers at the American track.

Since his arrival in WSB this season, Biaggi has been a fan of the one make Pirelli tyre and believes controlled tyres are the way forward for MotoGP.

Speaking exclusively to MCN, he said:

“The tyres play too big differences, and of course there are riders who take the advantages and others that don’t. A few years ago I suggested that this would be the way to go, but at the time nobody took care of it. Today everybody agrees.

“I think they should use a single tyre manufacturer and I believe they will achieve this in the future. Using a single tyre means a better balance in performance, which means that you can understand the skill of each rider and the qualities of each bike. You have genuine competition and a better show during the races. This is why we have seen F1 go in this direction.”

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yea they're kinda right...

Rossi and the midget, shouldn't be complaining. That's life!

But it does suck feeling like the race is decided by the tires more then anything else...

but who really know? NOONE! So shut up and RACE! :)

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"

post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Stoner is now also a judge of talent, calling some of the riders in the GP paddock unworthy of their seats (which may be true, but you don't say it as a rider):

Quote:
MotoGP: Title leader tips Chaz Davies for full-time ride

By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

27 July 2007 13:42

Casey Stoner reckons close pal Chaz Davies is worthy of a full-time ride in the MotoGP world championship after the British rider impressed on his shock Ducati debut in Laguna Seca last weekend.

Stoner and Davies are long time pals having raced together in Britain back in 2000, and the Aussie proved a big helping hand in giving Davies some advice and tips on mastering the D'Antin Ducati GP7 and the tough Laguna Seca circuit.

After finishing just outside the points following a rear sprocket problem, Stoner said: "He did an awesome job and I really hope he can find a permanent seat. He's done a lot better than some other people have done. It was his first time at the circuit, first time with the team and first time with the bike and tyres."
"Some people do a full winter of testing and don't get results like that. I'd like to see him go further. It would be interesting to see what he could do. He's got the talent and it would be interesting to see him get another chance."

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This might get interesting :happy1:
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:52 PM
C.F.A. Member -----WHo's your ** MAC Fatty **

i dont like stoner. he is kinda a douche if you ask me.

post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 03:56 PM
World Superbike Racer

Yea who the hell is he to say that. Um Stoner, where were you last year? That's right you were at the back of the pack. Now he has a superior bike and tire setup and he's going to talk all this crap. And tell Rossi he is whining! Rossi is the best racer that has ever lived according to a lot of experts. He won on an inferior machine and beat the Hondas when they were at the top. Put Stoner on Hayden or Rossis bike and let's see where he ends up.

2007 CBR600RR
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
wasnt this the same guy that was bitching about Laguna Seca, and the Sachsenring?

fuk him...

he was whinning last year.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:

Last edited by snikwad; 07-30-2007 at 04:38 PM.
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 04:35 PM
World Superbike Racer

I can't wait until next year and Stoner is back where he was last year.

2007 CBR600RR
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 04:37 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
I like Stoner, and I could see how he would say some of these things to defend his dominance. I bet he he hears it everywhere that his lead in the championship is due to his bike and his tires. You would get sick of it too. Stoner is a solid rider and deserves credibility.

I agree though that the new tire rule blows.

post #11 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 05:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Well Stoner is right in a way. You didn't see Rossi showing any sympathy for the Bridgestone runners in the last few years when Michelin was kicking their ass. You didn't see Rossi turning down Michelin when they were giving him favorable treatment. Now that it is Rossi that is on the short end of the tire stick he's not happy with it.

I think Rossi is correct that the tires are deciding the championship and I would rather see a spec tire too. I don't watch racing so I can see how tire wars play out. However, the only reason Rossi has something to say now is because he is now on the receiving end of a bum deal. Not that there is anything terribly wrong with that.

But Rossi is not really speaking up because of a true altruistic concern for the best of the sport, he is speaking up because it is screwing him over. I don't think he would be saying the same thing if Michelin were the ones dominating. Not to say that he wouldn't think the same thing, but he certainly wouldn't be saying it in public.
post #12 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:02 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Stoner is now also a judge of talent, calling some of the riders in the GP paddock unworthy of their seats (which may be true, but you don't say it as a rider):
I didn't really take it as him saying that, he was just pumping up his boy Chaz (whom he raced with in 125's in the UK when he was coming up) and saying that he is good enough to be in GP.
post #13 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I like Stoner, and I could see how he would say some of these things to defend his dominance. I bet he he hears it everywhere that his lead in the championship is due to his bike and his tires. You would get sick of it too. Stoner is a solid rider and deserves credibility.

I agree though that the new tire rule blows.
Rossi dealt with the same thing when he was at Honda, oh, its cause hes on a Honda, the Honda is faster than the rest...

and they all laughed when he went to Yamaha, they said he could never win again there.

and look, 1st fukin race, BAM! a testament to him, Burgess and the crew.
He laughed so hard he had to come off the bike and sit down laughing...

When anyone else does that, leave a top team to go take 2 more titles on a bike that was considered inferior, then they can talk ****, until them, Stoner has no place.

Hes leading for 2 reasons, 1 the tire, and lets not forget that he won the 1st 3 races un contested because his bike walked away from the competition, remember?

remember when rossi would whip his ass in the turns and be leading and before they got halfway down the straight away Stoner and the superior Ducati power was already infront of him, gone, remember?
remember the double take Rossi took like WTF?

yeah.. Stoner can stfu.. the championship isnt over yet, and Rossi has closed bigger gaps before, remember last year?

yeah so he had better pray that Michelin doesnt pull a magic trick out of that fukin french hat

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:

Last edited by snikwad; 07-30-2007 at 07:50 PM.
post #14 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:45 PM
World Superbike Racer

Nice snik. Agree 100% And Rossi has also talked about evening the playing field even when he was dominating. Rossi is the best plain and simple. If they were all on the same bike Stoner would be in the middle-back of the pack.

2007 CBR600RR
post #15 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Here's a quote from Colin Edwards.

How to sum it up: 'Dude, when was the last time Valentino finished 30 seconds behind the leader?' -- Colin Edwards

Pretty much says that Ducati and Bridgestones has an advantage. You think.
post #16 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 PM
C.F.A. Member -----WHo's your ** MAC Fatty **

+1398897r5389246123.6 to you snik. well said

post #17 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
yeah.. Stoner can stfu.. the championship isnt over yet, and Rossi has closed bigger gaps before, remember last year?

yeah so he had better pray that Michelin doesnt pull a magic trick out of that fukin french hat
True that last year he closed a bigger gap but the difference is Stoner wins races and Hayden doesn't!

Michelin always never did too well in GP... Their factory location really helped their riders when they can send out overnight tires... All this "trust" in Michelin is hurting their riders now... I think Yamaha Factory should switch to Bridgestone and let Tech 3 handle Michelin with Edwards onboard.

Since Gresini is on Bridgestone, maybe it is too late for Repsol to run it next year!
post #18 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:31 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Stoner should shut the f up.
post #19 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
World Superbike Racer

And I just read in RoadRacing World that Rossi and Hayden congratulated Stoner on his riding. They said I know he's gettin a lot of flak for his bike but he is riding great. And he still says this shi*. What an ass. He feels all big now but wait till all the other teams are caught up next year and the real riders come through cough Rossi Hayden cough

2007 CBR600RR
post #20 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
Well Stoner is right in a way. You didn't see Rossi showing any sympathy for the Bridgestone runners in the last few years when Michelin was kicking their ass. You didn't see Rossi turning down Michelin when they were giving him favorable treatment. Now that it is Rossi that is on the short end of the tire stick he's not happy with it.
Yeah, but the difference is, Rossi never called other riders whiners. He never called other veteran riders unworthy of GP rides. I am starting to drop Stoner in my books. Just because he's getting flack for all the criticism, doesn't mean that he should toss around some criticism on his own. Riders aren't criticizing him. In fact, Rossi and Hayden had only the best to say about him.

My problem with Stoner is he's taking all this advantage and letting it get to his head where he starts speaking crap about riders, especially the GOAT. Not that Rossi can do no wrong, but if he says there's a discerning difference between tires, then there needs to be a revamp to the rule. And it's not just him saying that.

What this is doing is making plainly obvious Stoner's age. His immaturity is showing and it's coming out of a disrespect. Stoner gets a big goose egg in my book. He's a jerk, no matter how good a rider he is.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #21 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Nemesis

One thing I like about Stoner is he thinks Rossi isn't all that....haha
post #22 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:42 PM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

nice nems...

i think that he respects wot he has done but doesnt fear him!!!!
post #23 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Rossi dealt with the same thing when he was at Honda, oh, its cause hes on a Honda, the Honda is faster than the rest...

and they all laughed when he went to Yamaha, they said he could never win again there.

and look, 1st fukin race, BAM! a testament to him, Burgess and the crew.
He laughed so hard he had to come off the bike and sit down laughing...

When anyone else does that, leave a top team to go take 2 more titles on a bike that was considered inferior, then they can talk ****, until them, Stoner has no place.

Hes leading for 2 reasons, 1 the tire, and lets not forget that he won the 1st 3 races un contested because his bike walked away from the competition, remember?

remember when rossi would whip his ass in the turns and be leading and before they got halfway down the straight away Stoner and the superior Ducati power was already infront of him, gone, remember?

man i definitely agree. i have never really liked rossi too much. i mean i agree he is the best and all, but in the past i never really rooted for him that much. for some reason this year all i want to see happen is rossi beat stoners ass. i think stoner IS letting this **** get to him. anyways, i still want rossi and hayden to be up front. i liked watching them battle. stoner is just a bitch who wrecked all last year.
post #24 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 11:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Yeah, but the difference is, Rossi never called other riders whiners. He never called other veteran riders unworthy of GP rides. I am starting to drop Stoner in my books. Just because he's getting flack for all the criticism, doesn't mean that he should toss around some criticism on his own. Riders aren't criticizing him. In fact, Rossi and Hayden had only the best to say about him.
Eh I think you are looking at Rossi with rose-colored glasses. He has certainly insulted other riders before. Not to say Stoner is right to call the Michelin guys whiners but its not like Rossi is a total angel in that regard.

As for Stoner saying veteran riders are unworthy, he didn't say that, he was just saying Chaz did an excellent job and a better job than some people who've had more time in GP have. It's not like he said Chaz should take Capirossi's seat or something. And you have to understand that Chaz is one of those guys who kind of got a raw deal in 250's. Not unlike Ant West. Stoner is just trying to talk up one of his old racing buddies.

Quote:
My problem with Stoner is he's taking all this advantage and letting it get to his head where he starts speaking crap about riders, especially the GOAT. Not that Rossi can do no wrong, but if he says there's a discerning difference between tires, then there needs to be a revamp to the rule. And it's not just him saying that.
I wouldn't change the rule because Rossi said there needs to be a change. Especially considering that he has been the beneficiary of tire advantages in the past. I would change the rule because it is hurting the sport. But even then I wouldn't change it for 08 because it might balance out. If it didn't then I would implement a change to a control tire at some point in the future.

Quote:
What this is doing is making plainly obvious Stoner's age. His immaturity is showing and it's coming out of a disrespect. Stoner gets a big goose egg in my book. He's a jerk, no matter how good a rider he is.
Yeah I think he has kind of been a bit of a jerk on certain subjects, not unlike several Aussies in the past. Mladin certainly comes to mind. I think it just makes him angry that people are finding all kinds of ways to poo poo his success. "Its the tires." "Its the bike" "Its luck"

At the end of the day Stoner may have to learn how to be more diplomatic and respectful when he says stuff. He's right that Rossi would not be complaining much if Michelin and Bridgestone's roles were reversed but he could have said that instead of calling the Michelin runners whiners.
post #25 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Funny thread, these riders all kick ass, and no one here has any right to talk crap about them on that level.

Not a single GP rider sucks, plain and simple.
post #26 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Moto GP Racer

more talk more mistake, less talk less mistake, no talk no mistake, stoner should just stfu, i hope rossi wins the upcoming races so we'll see how stoner whines about why rossi's winning.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #27 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 07:59 AM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Wasn't it Colin Edwards that's been bitching the most about this tyre rule?!?

A wise man once said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
It aint that easy to depart once u are in you are in for life regardless of what u ride
...And that's why I'm still here! :01_thumbu
post #28 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 08:15 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarvelous View Post
Wasn't it Colin Edwards that's been bitching the most about this tyre rule?!?
Everybody is bitching about this tire rule. And I don't know where everyone thinks Rossi is all a sudden talking about changing the tire rules. He has been vocal about it since last year too. He wants qualifying tires gone, and Pedrosa has been progressive about this too. Rossi wants the playing field evened, as do most all other riders. The only people who don't are Ducati and Bridgestone. But Ducati has been bitching their entire career and now all a sudden they want things to stay the same...funny

2007 CBR600RR
post #29 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
----Exactly.

madbrown75 on adding Acetone to your gasoline:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrown75 View Post
"I'll try it and let you guys know. I am not scared."

07' 600RR Red/Black
Akrapovic Slipon ~ Motovation Axle & Fork Sliders ~ Shogun Frame Sliders ~ Puig Screen ~ OEM Cowl ~ Sylvania SS Bulbs ~ Modded Hotbodies Flushies ~ PC'ed Rearsets, Heatshield, Levers & Pass Pegs ~ LP Rear Blinkers ~ Painted Subframe ~
post #30 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 10:20 AM
World Superbike Racer

And Rossi said he would like to see Michelin not be able to overnight tires, but this tire limit rule is crazy. He's not bitching he just wants to see fair racing. And the people in charge said there's no way to stop Michelin from overnighting tires if they did that rule. They say it's to hard to enforce.

2007 CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page