MMP to Host WSBK in 2008

From Superbike Planet:

Miller Motorsports Park To Host World Superbike in 2008
sources say 'done deal'
by evan williams
Monday, July 30, 2007

Miller primed for World Superbike in 2008
image by gary davidson

European sources tell Soup that a Utah World Superbike round in '08 is a done deal. While a contract has not been signed, we're told it has been agreed that Miller Motorsports Park has been green-lighted for a World Superbike race next year.
Barber Motorsports Park and FG Sport (the World Superbike promoter) are still negotiating on a potential 2008 race in Alabama.
World Superbike has not raced in the US since 2004 after a decade of events in California. After that race Laguna Seca's international round went to MotoGP. The original home of World Superbike in the US was Brainerd International Raceway.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"It´s not easier to ride, but I don´t need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 10:18 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome. Two GP races and now this. Motorcycle racing is definitely gaining in popularity here.

2007 CBR600RR
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Nemesis

Woohoo!!! 2 planned trips for 2008 - Indy and Miller!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Hitz eit from z back

I was going to start a new thread but found this one...

Miller Motorsports Park Announces
FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Event for 2008

TOOELE VALLEY, UTAH (August 22, 2007) – Miller Motorsports Park is very pleased to announce that it has reached a multi-year agreement to host the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP beginning in 2008.

It has been three years since the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP raced in America, and having the series at Miller Motorsports Park will represent the most significant racing event in the history of the State of Utah. The race will be part of the Honda Summit of Speed, scheduled for June
1, 2008.

“We are thrilled to bring the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP to Miller Motorsports Park,” said track owner Larry H. Miller. “This will be the biggest international sporting event in this state since the Olympic Winter Games in 2002. We look forward to welcoming the international motorcycle racing community to Utah, as well as thousands of new fans from across the United States and the world, who will be visiting Utah and our facility for the first time.”

“This announcement marks a significant achievement for Miller Motorsports Park,” said MMP General Manager and CEO Alan Wilson. “The FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP is a very prestigious event, and I would like to thank Maurizio Flammini of FGSPORT for his help in crafting this agreement.”

Maurizio Flammini, President of the FGSPORT Group that has organized the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP since 1989, said that Miller Motorsports Park is the ideal venue for the series’ return to the North American market.

“We consider Miller Motorsports Park a very interesting circuit, with top facilities compared with the American standard,” he said. “I am sure that the riders, teams, sponsors and media representatives who currently participate in our events – a community exceeding 2,000 people – will very much enjoy this circuit and the State of Utah. I was particularly impressed with the commitment and enthusiasm of Governor Huntsman, and with the professionalism of Larry Miller and his staff. I am sure that the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP event that will take place in Utah next year will be one of the best-promoted and -organized ever.”

The FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP® will share the Honda Summit of Speed weekend at Miller Motorsports Park with the AMA Superbike Championship and its support series. The weekend will be an action-packed celebration of two-wheeled competition for fans, with double-header races for both the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and the AMA Superbike Championship. The AMA Superbike Championship has been a fixture on the annual schedule at Miller Motorsports Park since its opening in 2006.

“We are very excited to once again share the stage with the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and look forward to bringing the American fans a Superbike weekend they will cherish forever,” said AMA Road Race Director Keith Kizer.

The tentative schedule has practice sessions for the AMA Superbike Championship on Thursday, May 29, with practice and qualifying sessions for both the FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and AMA Superbike Championship on Friday, May 30. The FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Superpole session plus the first of two AMA Superbike races and the AMA Superstock and Formula Xtreme races are scheduled for Saturday, May 31, and both FIM SUPERBIKE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP races plus the second AMA Superbike race and the AMA Supersport races will take place on Sunday, June 1.

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/sbk08/index.html

might be old news but its good news and shows how much motorcycle racing is starting to take off.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 02:49 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Man now I got to try to go to Indy and Miller next year :icon_lol:

2003 Black 600RR,Track , SOLD!! New track bike coming soon!!
NESBA/STT "I" #910

MADSPEED....
surf.skate.ride.drive.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Knee Dragger

Zemke was there testing and giving safety tips. They said this is the first time they are running there. I was like um no. Speedtv.com btw. I read a bit further and found out they are running the whole course now. All 4.5 miles of it instead of the 3.08 mile outer course they were runing before. The track is getting some upgrades as well for safety and FIM mandates.

Its gonna be good.

2007 600RR Black with some more black

Hot bodies flush mounts
Kr Tuned CF S/O
Painted mid fairings
Pazzo shorty levers
Puig DS dbl bub windscreen
Stomp grip tank pads(clear)
Carbon tank pad
Carbon rear deck cover
OEM seat cowl
R & G tail Tidy
SME Front axle sliders and rear axle block sliders
Painted seat rails (flat black)
Blacked out bolts and pieces
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 PM

I don't think the AMA guys and the WSBK guys are running the same config though, which is a shame. I would like to see the differences in lap times. I imagine the WSBK times would be better overall, but you never know. Hopefully the WSBK riders will get to race at Barber, then we'll see.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 10:47 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wow, awesome. I cant wait.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjs8579 View Post
I don't think the AMA guys and the WSBK guys are running the same config though, which is a shame. I would like to see the differences in lap times. I imagine the WSBK times would be better overall, but you never know. Hopefully the WSBK riders will get to race at Barber, then we'll see.

I bet they are running the same course. I couldn't see them chaging it back and forth all weekend long. I would like to see a few of our guys take there machines or make privateer entrys into the WSBK race. Just like bostrom did with the Ducati back in 99 at laguna and he kicked there ass. Fogarty, Corser, Slight, Edwards, haga the whole gang.

2007 600RR Black with some more black

Hot bodies flush mounts
Kr Tuned CF S/O
Painted mid fairings
Pazzo shorty levers
Puig DS dbl bub windscreen
Stomp grip tank pads(clear)
Carbon tank pad
Carbon rear deck cover
OEM seat cowl
R & G tail Tidy
SME Front axle sliders and rear axle block sliders
Painted seat rails (flat black)
Blacked out bolts and pieces
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I keep getting more and more excited for this event...
who all is gonna be out there for the races? End of May, beginning of June in Tooele... I know I'll be there.
AMA was great out there last year

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 11:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's is f'in sweet!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page