MotoGP Brno predictions? - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MotoGP Brno predictions?

I know it's still two weeks away but what are you guys thinking is going to happen? I bet Stoner runs away with it as usual but I'm hopeful for Michelin. I hear Rossi has been testing their new tires along with chasis and engine parts.

2007 CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 02:32 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thats a big ass track and HP and tyres could make the difference again :o(

Always passing Gixxer's on the outside ! ! ! . . . .

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Well tires are always important. but a big track never helps with the Ducatis up to 10mph advantage.

2007 CBR600RR

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ducati won there last year & they are the bike to beat this year, who knows what has happened during the mid-season break, i just hope Yamaha & Michelin got their acts together to build a competitive package for Rossi.

Stoner running away with the win makes it boring like F1 & NASCAR.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Repsol was testing new engine parts over the holiday and might finally get thier stuff together. Nicky seems upbeat about Brno in his interviews. He's too far behind to win the championship, but the kid at least needs a win this year! Does anyone know if Chaz Davies will be riding in the gp at Brno in replacment for Hoffman?

Jason Keefer
Tribal 06RR
GP kitted 71 honda CB175
Barn fresh stock 71 CB175
http://www.myspace.com/peanutbutter_and_crack
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 03:30 AM
Moto GP Racer

HRC says they will unveil the 2008 RC212V come Brno, maybe it'll be in screamer mode (revving to 21000rpm) to blast past the dominant Ducati's, Pedrobot & TD needs all the hp they can get.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

where did you get that info from? Seems a little early to be unveiling the 08 already when they were pretty far behind with the 07. but who knows, it is Honda. And I can guarantee you they dumped a ton of money into the 08. No way are they going to let themselves get beat by a tiny Italian shop.

2007 CBR600RR
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreen1 View Post
where did you get that info from? Seems a little early to be unveiling the 08 already when they were pretty far behind with the 07. but who knows, it is Honda. And I can guarantee you they dumped a ton of money into the 08. No way are they going to let themselves get beat by a tiny Italian shop.
the Ducati's stellar performance in the first half of the season caught HRC with it's pants down, the lack of good results (mostly complaints) with their current RC212V has left them no choice but to pull out their ace in the hole very early.

they underestimated their competitors very much, thinking their development program is quite far in front from Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha & Ducati, they were expecting to dominate the opening races but then they got a rude awakening from Ducati, Yamaha & Suzuki.

we will see what the next gen RC212V will perform, only a few days to go & it's showtime.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 08:41 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreen1 View Post
Honda usually brings next year's machine out early. The RCV that Nicky rode in 06 was debuted in Brno in 05.

As for the screamer no one knows if they're going that route but Nicky's crew chief told me that their firing order hasn't changed all season so that leads me to believe that maybe they'll be trying something new at Brno.

I don't know if they'll be debuting a pneumatic valvetrain since Horiike-san said they haven't reached the limit of springs I'm sure they've looked into the possibility.

The only thing I'm wondering is whether the Repsol boys will try the new bike in the race. And I guess I'm also wondering if the satellite riders will run their updated packages in the race too. I'm particularly interested in seeing how the KR bike does with more horsepower.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Moto GP Racer

during the late 70's Honda's 4strokes were revving to 20,000+rpm with valvesprings & a couple of thousand more rpm's in reserve, with todays technology & advancements in the field of metallurgy we may see a 23,000rpm revlimit for a valvespring equipped engine.

do you think after 4years when MotoGP drops it's displacement to 600cc will we see 23,000+rpm & 200hp from a 600cc engine? will they increase the fuel tank capacity to 22L or 23L b'coz even with a 200cc decrease it will guzzle more fuel bcoz of the extra couple of thousand revs?

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Well if in fact Honda is bringing the new bike to Brno they must be pretty confident about it. They aren't going to rush a bike out so they must be pretty happy with it and confident that it's better than the Ducati. Let's just hope Michelin got a decent tire together over the break and maybe we'll see Pedrosa and Hayden up there battling with Stoner.

2007 CBR600RR
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:02 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV View Post
during the late 70's Honda's 4strokes were revving to 20,000+rpm with valvesprings & a couple of thousand more rpm's in reserve, with todays technology & advancements in the field of metallurgy we may see a 23,000rpm revlimit for a valvespring equipped engine.

do you think after 4years when MotoGP drops it's displacement to 600cc will we see 23,000+rpm & 200hp from a 600cc engine? will they increase the fuel tank capacity to 22L or 23L b'coz even with a 200cc decrease it will guzzle more fuel bcoz of the extra couple of thousand revs?
The NR500 revved to about 22k so those kinds of revs wouldn't be a problem today. The question is would you be able to get more performance out of a pneumatic valvetrain at those rpms. And before you even get to that question you have to figure out a way to save enough fuel to make more power. There are several avenues Honda can take to increase fuel economy but I have to wonder if they will be made public.

As for Moto GP going to 600's, I doubt it. There'd be no point in it because as we've seen with the 800's it wouldn't necessarily be slower and it would just cost the teams more money. I think the 800's will be around for awhile, certainly longer than the 990's.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ducati and stoner and possibly capirex would have to be the favorite. After Bridgestones performance there last year, I would say based on that knowledge there bikes have the upper hand unless michelin can come up with something good.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
Honda usually brings next year's machine out early. The RCV that Nicky rode in 06 was debuted in Brno in 05.

As for the screamer no one knows if they're going that route but Nicky's crew chief told me that their firing order hasn't changed all season so that leads me to believe that maybe they'll be trying something new at Brno.

I don't know if they'll be debuting a pneumatic valvetrain since Horiike-san said they haven't reached the limit of springs I'm sure they've looked into the possibility.

The only thing I'm wondering is whether the Repsol boys will try the new bike in the race. And I guess I'm also wondering if the satellite riders will run their updated packages in the race too. I'm particularly interested in seeing how the KR bike does with more horsepower.
I've read that Honda wants to go to a pneumatic valvetrain. They just couldn't do it mid-season, so I bet it will be on the 08. I bet Hayden at least will race the bike because he's so far behind anyway. He really has nothing to lose. And the satellite guys prolly won't get the whole package until Hayden and Pedrossa are done testing it. But you never know. We'll just have to wait and see. It's going to be an exciting race though.

2007 CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page