Capirossi feels "betrayed" by Ducati - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Capirossi feels "betrayed" by Ducati

'Betrayed' Capirossi targets new home.

Tuesday, 7th August 2007

Italian chasing Suzuki, Kawasaki deal after rejecting satellite Ducati.

Despite the Ducati door appearing to have been left open to the Italian despite the signing of Marco Melandri to partner Casey Stoner next season, Loris Capirossi looks set to link up with Suzuki after claiming to have been 'betrayed'.

Although Kawasaki remains in the frame, the Italian media appears convinced that Capirossi will end up at Suzuki next season - and that confirmation could come as early as the next round of the MotoGP world championship, at Brno, over 16-19 August.

Capirossi is not necessarily upset at parting with the Italian team, but has been angered by the way in which his exit was handled, with apparently no mention of the split being made before Stoner and Melandri were confirmed at Laguna Seca.

"Loris was treated badly by Ducati," the rider's manager, Carlo Pernat, told Gazzetta dello Sport, "The marriage might have been coming to an end, but there were better ways for them to make it know than they did. It could have been handled better.

"Now Capirossi looks to the future. We are close to signing with another squad, and we are just checking the last details [of the deal]. There are two options - Suzuki or Kawasaki - but I believe are closer to the first. Loris is leaning towards the Suzuki, but the announcement will be made over the weekend at Brno."

It also appears that Capirossi had been offered a third option, with Ducati boss Livio Suppo suggesting that he could move to Luis d'Antin's satellite team, but the Italian felt that he would be better off making a clean break with the marque.

"I feel betrayed by Ducati," Capirossi was quoted as saying by La Stampa, "They could have been more open - I was not expecting the announcement that was made at Laguna Seca.

"I feel sad. Ducati has given me a lot, but I have also given a lot to them and, at the end, they lacked the courtesy to treat me as a human being."

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Interesting. Suzuki will be good for him though. Ducati is dominating this year but I think next year they really won't be able to hang. All the big manufacturers are going to have way better machines next season and prolly have double the budget of Ducati. You never know though. It's pretty impressive how good of a machine Ducati made this year considering their size compared to other teams. I heard rumors of Stoner trying to sign an extension until 2010! I could see that as being a big mistake if the other teams get their game together and Ducati is left behind.

2007 CBR600RR
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

i hope your prediction will come true, i want to see Stoner regret ever signing with Ducati for an extended period b'coz he feels he's on top of the world right now.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:35 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV View Post
i hope your prediction will come true, i want to see Stoner regret ever signing with Ducati for an extended period b'coz he feels he's on top of the world right now.
Well he already signed for next year. But I read in RoadRacing World he wants a contract for 2010. He's going to regret it. Honda will be back next year. Yamaha is going to be strong too. And who knows, Suzuki and Kawasaki might be fast too. But you can bet Honda is going to be putting 100% into whooping up on Ducati next year. And if they really are bringing out the 08 bike in Brno it's going to be really good. Cuz Honda won't unveil a new bike unless they know it's the best.

2007 CBR600RR
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
no doubt, it definately good have been handled better, Capirossi has done more than a little bit for Ducati.
ii hope he beats them on whatever he rides a few times just to get back a lil something.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Pocketbike Racer

i really like capirossi. he always seems real humble and very nice person. that upsets me that they would do something like this. hes been with them a long time and they couldve handled it better
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 08:01 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

All the other manufacturer's are playing catch up. Even if they do match ducatis Qatar power, the bike is faster now than it was then. I don't think anyone will catch ducati as far as overall package until mid next season. They have trounced everyone. Not to mention the Bridgestone vs. Michelin. Even if the Hondas and Yammies are up to it, the tires will have to be too.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 08:27 AM

Ducati has been making 800s and 749/748 forever, then the dropped the cc limit to that size, i think that gave em an advantage immediately, cause they know twins, and they know 800cc.

the other guys, not so well.

Honda has the VFR so i think thats why they were the 1st to catch up...
same for suzuki, tho its not a straight 4, surely they used some of their 750 tricks somewhere, theyre 800s were hauling ass since preseason testing.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Resident Arai Freak

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
Ducati has been making 800s and 749/748 forever, then the dropped the cc limit to that size, i think that gave em an advantage immediately, cause they know twins, and they know 800cc.

Isn't the Ducati GP7 a 4 cylinder? If so I don't really see how a twin's technology could help a 4 cylinder.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

- JFK
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orientexpress11 View Post
Isn't the Ducati GP7 a 4 cylinder? If so I don't really see how a twin's technology could help a 4 cylinder.
its not a straight four.
its a V4... still twin technology.

or better yet, "V" technology X2

Last edited by snikwad; 08-10-2007 at 10:14 AM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Nemesis

I would really like to see Cap win a championship and retire. That would be awesome!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 01:34 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post

Honda has the VFR so i think thats why they were the 1st to catch up...
same for suzuki, tho its not a straight 4, surely they used some of their 750 tricks somewhere, theyre 800s were hauling ass since preseason testing.
That has zero to do with Ducati's success. The only thing in common between the 749/749 engines and the GP7 is that they both have desmodromic valvetrains and every Ducati has that. The fact that the 749/748 had similar displacements to the 800 really does not make much difference.

The reasons Ducati's bike has been so fast are (in no particular order):
*Straightline aerodynamic efficiency
*Screamer engine firing order
*Fuel saving adaptive electronics
*Desmodromic valvetrain
*Some sort of engine braking system

Honda's catching up has nothing to do with the Interceptor either. Honda was racing V4's long before the Interceptor hit the scene and Honda hasn't raced Interceptors in about 2 decades. The Inteceptor benefited from Honda's racing experience with V4's. The racing machines didn't benefit from the Interceptor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page