Wow AMA racing is boring - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow AMA racing is boring

Is it just me or does anybody else have trouble watching an entire Superbike race? It's so boring. Spies and Mladin every single race lapping half the field. It doesn't even feel like pro racing compared to WSBK and of course GP's.

2007 CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 AM

Agreed, every other type of bike racing I make sure I watch or record, AMA Superbike.....if its raining and nothing else to do, I'll watch it.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 08:08 AM
C.F. A member **C.F. Whore ** :)

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
HAHA!!! This is true, its funny the emphasis on the race is on who is coming in third for the last two races its been DUHAMEL and YATES. thats what I like to watch.

2006 CBR 600RR: Power Commander :icon_supe (The best!!),
BMC Air Filter, 520 Conversion (15-45..a great mod!!)

Speedo Healer G.P.R. Dual Exhaust Thunderline (SWEET!!)
D.I.D Chain. :beer:

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

I love motorycle racing but I just can't sit down and watch the whole thing. I usually put it on and cruise 600RR.net and look back every few minutes to see what's going on. It needs to get more competitive. Better racers, teams putting more money into it, more sponsorship, something though.

2007 CBR600RR
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Moto GP Racer

they replayed the superbike race yesterday on speed around 2 and i got to watch it in the gym. i actually thought the first half of the race was pretty darn good. the pass for the lead what CLOSE, and Jake was mixing it up with some passes and repasses. yeah, i agree though its no SBK, but even if the bikes spread out in the 2nd half of the race its still motorcycles on road courses! ;)

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Lifetime Premium

WSBK is imo the best racing this year week after week

AMA sucks for the top 2 but they usually don't follow Spies and Mladin the whole race when they check out so we do get to see some good racing (Miggy, Yates, etc are always fun to watch)

The other classes are usually great racing though; FX, Supersport, and sometimes Superstock are fun to watch

I'd like to see what Hodgson could do on the American Honda next year but I think he's got a shot at WSBK ride in Toselands spot so that might not work out. Hopefully he'll at least do a couple more AMA races this year on the lab bike though, he did pretty damn well.

WERA/NESBA #409
My Sponsors: Southern Gasket & Supply, LeoVince, Vortex, Chicken Hawk Racing, Pro-Tek, RK Racing Chains
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Yea WSBK is going to take a little hit though with Toseland leaving. I still can't believe he's going to ride motogp on a bad bike when he could be riding the brand new CBR1000 in WSBK.

2007 CBR600RR
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Lifetime Premium

yeah, I thought the same thing
wasn't he one of the "I'll only go if I get a competitive ride" guys?
kinda missed the boat on that one lol

WERA/NESBA #409
My Sponsors: Southern Gasket & Supply, LeoVince, Vortex, Chicken Hawk Racing, Pro-Tek, RK Racing Chains
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 05:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

There are a lot of details of Toselands ride for next year that aren't being announced just yet but I think he did a radio interview here and hinted that it will be full factory machinery running either Bridgestone or Michelin tyres. I can't find it word for word but he's quoted saying that the Yamaha offer was the only one on the table with 2008 spec machinery.

Seeing how well he's got everything under control with his racing right now and several options in front of him I just don't see him going into MotoGP for a 2nd tier satellite team like Tech 3 has been this year.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Superbike racer

I TiVo races. I find I usually fast forward through most AMA races......I have never really liked watching AMA.

CCS EX#100
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 08:06 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love watching the AMA 600 classes. But Suzukibike sucks. And next year it will be the Mladin cup again. I bet Mladin wins every race next year. Maybe not 1 or 2, allowing for a crash or tire problems.

I hope Colin Edwards shows up stateside....
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce101t View Post
WSBK is imo the best racing this year week after week
f0ck yeah. throw in WSS, did you see how Kenan whooped ass this season?

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Knee Dragger

I was ready to go out to Atlanta to watch the racing, but have decided against it. I love racing but its really hard to throw money at something I really can't stand behind.. Hopefully WSB coming back to the states will start a change in AMA..
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Pocketbike Racer

My brother and I were just talking about this. But to me, it beats not watching ANY bike races at all :01_thumbu
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesNeedsBoost View Post
f0ck yeah. throw in WSS, did you see how Kenan whooped ass this season?
The FIM Superstock 1000 is great too! Especially the bikes sliding into the turns when they all try to outbrake each other!
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Knee Dragger

I have to agree again WSBK is were its at this year. Thank you spec tires. Im glad its no longer the ducati cup.Although 08 will be interesting since the ducs cried and got there way again with the 1200cc rule.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avovoom View Post
I have to agree again WSBK is were its at this year. Thank you spec tires. Im glad its no longer the ducati cup.Although 08 will be interesting since the ducs cried and got there way again with the 1200cc rule.
Yea but there are a lot of restrictions. Their minimum weight is heavier than the liters and they have to use stock rods and they have air restrictors. So really there isn't an advantage.

2007 CBR600RR
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Pocketbike Racer

so it the 1200 open to anyone or only the DUC's ? Say if honda wanted to build another v-twin can they use the 1200cc also ?
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35kid View Post
so it the 1200 open to anyone or only the DUC's ? Say if honda wanted to build another v-twin can they use the 1200cc also ?
Yup. and there are rumors of Honda making an RC61 to do just that.

2007 CBR600RR
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:20 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

The rules for the Dukes in 2008 are going to be monitored through the season - it's complicated but the restrictor sizes, specs etc are tied in with the points the 1200's score in the races.

It's put in simpler terms here http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~5~id~149721.htm

and in lots of detail here http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=29666 - event averages and all sorts, wonder how Ducati will play to these rules to get their best spec bike out there?

Last edited by troy45; 08-12-2007 at 06:29 PM.
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 02:37 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreen1 View Post
Yup. and there are rumors of Honda making an RC61 to do just that.
I wish, I would love to see what honda would built, for another domiating V-Twin bike
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by avovoom View Post
Although 08 will be interesting since the ducs cried and got there way again with the 1200cc rule.
I don't think this is quite accurate. V-twins in WSBK are allowed a lot more modification in the engine/intake department to be competitive with the I4's to make things fair. Problem is those modifications allowed (and required to be competitive) cost A LOT OF MONEY. One of the largest expenses comes from having to replace these engines 2-3x more than the I4's because of the engine work. This all adds up to the smallest manufacturer in the series spending by FAR the most money to be competitive. So they petitioned to be allowed more cc's and sacrificing their allowed modifications so that they don't have to spend so much more $$$ than everybody else.
Its obviously not about getting an advantage (duh, WSBK can slow them down any time they want if the duc gets too fast), its about the money that its been costing them to compete.

WERA/NESBA #409
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I don't think this is quite accurate. V-twins in WSBK are allowed a lot more modification in the engine/intake department to be competitive with the I4's to make things fair. Problem is those modifications allowed (and required to be competitive) cost A LOT OF MONEY. One of the largest expenses comes from having to replace these engines 2-3x more than the I4's because of the engine work. This all adds up to the smallest manufacturer in the series spending by FAR the most money to be competitive. So they petitioned to be allowed more cc's and sacrificing their allowed modifications so that they don't have to spend so much more $$$ than everybody else.
Its obviously not about getting an advantage (duh, WSBK can slow them down any time they want if the duc gets too fast), its about the money that its been costing them to compete.
Thank you. I have grown very tired of arguing against the idea that Ducati is getting away with something with the new rules. Not only are they giving up the special mods they were allowed, they've agreed to run at a higher weight with air restrictors as well. Ducati has shown a good deal of fairness in going about the 1200 cc rule (even if the rules for twins were not fair in the past).
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Lifetime Premium

and the other manufs even agreed it was fair but some "fans" still don't get it

WERA/NESBA #409
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

And I also think it's about production bikes and sellin them. Once they started producing the 1098 and couldn't race it, it kind of defeated the purpose of everything. They can't keep racing the 999 when they don't even make it anymore. They want to be able to race the bike they sell to customers. But if anything, Ducati gave in more and was very cooperative and professional about everything. They have no advantage at all with the new rules.

2007 CBR600RR
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:

Didnt really look at it that way. Thanks for a different view. I am still wondering how it will affect the racing though. It seems to me this year the duc could was competitive but like you said its a money thing. they want to race the 1098 why not allow 1100 cc instead of 1200cc? Basically I think im trying to make any excuse to keep them at bay with the rest of the field because I love WSBK the way it is now. I dont want to see the Ducati cup come back..haha

2007 600RR Black with some more black

Hot bodies flush mounts
Kr Tuned CF S/O
Painted mid fairings
Pazzo shorty levers
Puig DS dbl bub windscreen
Stomp grip tank pads(clear)
Carbon tank pad
Carbon rear deck cover
OEM seat cowl
R & G tail Tidy
SME Front axle sliders and rear axle block sliders
Painted seat rails (flat black)
Blacked out bolts and pieces
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I agree AMA Superbike is boring. Watch AMA Supersport and AMA Formula Xtreme, that is where you will see some close racing.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreen1 View Post
Yea but there are a lot of restrictions. Their minimum weight is heavier than the liters and they have to use stock rods and they have air restrictors. So really there isn't an advantage.
That's what they said for the 2 stroke 500s and the 4 stroke 990 of being equal power... whhooppsss!
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 04:54 PM

I guess its a matter of opinion, but I find all of the AMA Superbike racing to be very entertaining. I think it helps if you go to some of the races in person....gives you a better feel for what's going on and how fast and loose these guys ride.
The racing at VIR this past weekend was incredible and I had a hell of a fun time !
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Pocketbike Racer

i like to watch supersport. now that rog is in the points lead its making some good racing. now superbike is a little boring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page