AMA allows 1200's. - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AMA allows 1200's.

"The new rules will allow v-twins to displace up to 1200cc, but the new machines must follow the same technical regulations as 1000cc four cylinders and must weigh 15 pounds more than the 1000cc fours."

2007 CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

O and there are now new stricter technical regulations to ALL bikes. This is to make the racing better and I guess to stop the Suzuki domination. That's good news for privateers because their equipment will be very similar to the top factory teams now.

These rules include the use of stock pistons and rods now. And this is good for us because we can expect to see special homogilation versions that are tricked out from the factory. A la Ducati 999R. This is good news. :icon_lol:

2007 CBR600RR

Last edited by Jbreen1; 08-22-2007 at 04:16 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 10:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Hopefully this will help some. I'm getting tired of watching ama suzukibike .

2003 Black 600RR,Track , SOLD!! New track bike coming soon!!
NESBA/STT "I" #910

MADSPEED....
surf.skate.ride.drive.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Stricter technical regulations have been long over due. Hopefully suzuki's domination can end soon. Or Honda should bring over Toseland and whooop the rest of the field.

On a separate note. Don't you folks think Honda should bring in new and younger talent? I mean Miguel is old, not saying he is a bad rider but come on let's move on already. Also the same goes for Zemke, he's not old but his results haven't been spectacular this year.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by technica View Post
Stricter technical regulations have been long over due. Hopefully suzuki's domination can end soon. Or Honda should bring over Toseland and whooop the rest of the field.

On a separate note. Don't you folks think Honda should bring in new and younger talent? I mean Miguel is old, not saying he is a bad rider but come on let's move on already. Also the same goes for Zemke, he's not old but his results haven't been spectacular this year.
Im in a zemke. He hasn't really had results. With Miggy im crossed. Yea he is old but he would win if his bike was a bit more. He was third in points. Always running up front. Now If his injuries prevent him from regaining form then yeah it might be time. I say keep Miggy and let him teach the new pupil cause jake just isnt getting it done. As far as honda bringing toseland over. I say F*** that. Toseland is on world superbike with the worlds best and is now headed to Moto GP. Yeah he would woop but he would be another Mladin in my eyes then. Some one who should step up but is afraid of not being top dawg anymore.

2007 600RR Black with some more black

Hot bodies flush mounts
Kr Tuned CF S/O
Painted mid fairings
Pazzo shorty levers
Puig DS dbl bub windscreen
Stomp grip tank pads(clear)
Carbon tank pad
Carbon rear deck cover
OEM seat cowl
R & G tail Tidy
SME Front axle sliders and rear axle block sliders
Painted seat rails (flat black)
Blacked out bolts and pieces
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Moto GP Racer

OLD NEWS! By months!

But the twins do have to meet a different set of rules then the I4s do, like a higher min weight limit, etc...

It's still a crock! Duc was doing great! Um... Bayliss won the WSBK last year!

Ducati claimed it cost them too much money to build a race bike, so they wanted this rule so they could spend less money (because AMA refused is why they pulled out of the AMA). That would be fine with me, but you know that they will STILL spend all that money, because they know that they have an advantage!

it's bullshit!

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
OLD NEWS! By months!

But the twins do have to meet a different set of rules then the I4s do, like a higher min weight limit, etc...

It's still a crock! Duc was doing great! Um... Bayliss won the WSBK last year!

Ducati claimed it cost them too much money to build a race bike, so they wanted this rule so they could spend less money (because AMA refused is why they pulled out of the AMA). That would be fine with me, but you know that they will STILL spend all that money, because they know that they have an advantage!

it's bullshit!
The AMA rules and WSBK rules are COMPLETELY different. WSBK released their rules months ago but the AMA rules have just recently been released. Not even close. The AMA bikes are going to be very similar to showroom bikes. The stock pistons and rods alone are going to save teams 50k alone. But teams did say ok if we can't use trick pistons and rods we are going to put another 50k into electronics and the chasis. So who knows if it is really going to tighten racing but it's a step in the right direction.

And I disagree about Zemke. The dude is 3rd in points! Pretty dam good continuing he's the first non Suzuki rider. And you can say yea yea Duhamel would be third but Zemke is in 3rd fair and square. You have to be consistent and not crash and not get hurt and Zemke is doing great.

2007 CBR600RR
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Moto GP Racer

yea I know they are different, and they have been very public about it, so has Ducati about the same situation with AMA.

But really, Ducati is still going to spend the extra cash (they say they are trying to save) and why not? Who wouldn't it'll wrap up championships for them.

Welcome back to the Duc Cup, remember those days... :(

WSBK the last couple years has been some of the best racing anywhere! And now they make changes... :( Oh well...

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

The WSBK has a lot of restrictions on 1200 twins. If anything Ducati is going to have the advantage in AMA where they will run a 1098R that is super tricked out and only has to weigh 15 pounds more. That's the only restriction in AMA. But in WSBK they are going to have airbox restrictors and stock rods and pistons where the inline 4's can still run trick titanium rods and lighter pistons.

2007 CBR600RR
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreen1 View Post
The WSBK has a lot of restrictions on 1200 twins. If anything Ducati is going to have the advantage in AMA where they will run a 1098R that is super tricked out and only has to weigh 15 pounds more. That's the only restriction in AMA. But in WSBK they are going to have airbox restrictors and stock rods and pistons where the inline 4's can still run trick titanium rods and lighter pistons.
Wrong. In WSBK they are running more weight and an inlet restrictor but they are not being forced to run stock rods and pistons.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
Wrong. In WSBK they are running more weight and an inlet restrictor but they are not being forced to run stock rods and pistons.
Nope your wrong buddy. "In 2008, The FIM will allow Twins like the Ducati 1098 to compete in World Superbike with up to 1200cc, but with standard connecting rods, air restrictors and a minimum weight of 370 pounds."

So maybe they can use upgraded pistons, but not rods.

2007 CBR600RR
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreen1 View Post
Nope your wrong buddy. "In 2008, The FIM will allow Twins like the Ducati 1098 to compete in World Superbike with up to 1200cc, but with standard connecting rods, air restrictors and a minimum weight of 370 pounds."

So maybe they can use upgraded pistons, but not rods.
HA! You were half wrong!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
HA! You were half wrong!
Nooo I was half right haha. I had the AMA rules stuck in my head bc they have to use stock rods AND pistons.

2007 CBR600RR
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Lifetime Premium

The Ducati's in WSBK were blowing up motors 2 or 3 times as often as the I4's because of the mods they were allowed to run (and had to run to be competitive). The money they spend developing those mods was a pretty significant number as well, and considering Ducati is relatively poor compared to the Japanese manufs, it wasn't really all that fair. Giving them 1200cc allows them to compete without the massive budget

anyway, as for AMA, I'd like to see Pegram back in Superbike on a competitive machine. Craigil (sp?) and Boulder Motorsports would probably run superbike too (RRW has a great article on their 749ish)

WERA/NESBA #409
My Sponsors: Southern Gasket & Supply, LeoVince, Vortex, Chicken Hawk Racing, Pro-Tek, RK Racing Chains
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Well Superstock is done so there's only Superbike left to compete in.

2007 CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page