AMA supersport at Road Atlanta 9/2/07(spoiler) - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
AMA supersport at Road Atlanta 9/2/07(spoiler)

what a mutha effin race!!!!

congrats to hayes for the win. Hacking was on some coke-laced Monster energy drink this weekend....these two passed each other about 12 times in the final 5 laps.

And Martin Cardenas was holding his own..right before Roger snatched it away at the LAST TURN!!

Those Kawi's are making some serious power.
result

1. Josh Hayes - Pro Honda Oil Erion Racing
2. Jamie Hacking - Monster Kawasaki
3. R. Lee Hayden - Monster Kawasaki
4. Martin Cardenas - Suzuki GSXR600

Looks like it's gonna come down to a Showdown between Roger and Josh for the Championship.

AMA superbike = poopie

AMA Supersport = THE SH*T!!!

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

Last edited by NesNeedsBoost; 09-02-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
agreed just got done watching the race and it was amazing!!!

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Knightslugger

Yeah, "The Matt and Ben Show" is what they should call the Superbike races as of late... but the supersport races... jesus, that was great! Man, if you were Cardenas, wouldn't you be PISSED! But Hayden got the drop on him and really there's nothing wrong with that. That's just racing afterall.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

yea. Roger had to fight his way up. He battled from 7th I believe to take it from cardenas, who I think was happy with what would've been 3rd. Lost concentration a few turns before the flag, and bam..podium gone.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 09:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah the Supersport race was by far the best race of the event. If Dunlop hadn't cut down on the number of laps I think Roger Lee would've been up front by the end of the race. He was putting in some flyers there at the end. He had fastest lap on the day with a 1:24.976 with Hayes running a 1:25.301 and Josh Herrin, who finished 5th.

We were sitting at Turn 10 and for like the last 4 or 5 laps there was always a pass for the lead going into 10a.

The next best race of the event though had to be the USGP 125cc series. Those kids are ridiculous.

Everything else was just Suzuki's out front by a lot, although the Formula Xtreme race wasn't so bad.

Glad Hayes won his events. He's such a class act, unlike Mladin and Hacking. Sucks for Ben Spies going down on Saturday. Hopefully, he'll charge back and take the championship at Laguna Seca.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 10:25 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i was really pulling for cardenas. Rog got him last lap, last turn, kudos to rog. supersport blows suzukibike outta the water! its the toughest class in america.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guappé View Post
Yeah the Supersport race was by far the best race of the event. If Dunlop hadn't cut down on the number of laps I think Roger Lee would've been up front by the end of the race. He was putting in some flyers there at the end. He had fastest lap on the day with a 1:24.976 with Hayes running a 1:25.301 and Josh Herrin, who finished 5th.

We were sitting at Turn 10 and for like the last 4 or 5 laps there was always a pass for the lead going into 10a.

The next best race of the event though had to be the USGP 125cc series. Those kids are ridiculous.

Everything else was just Suzuki's out front by a lot, although the Formula Xtreme race wasn't so bad.

Glad Hayes won his events. He's such a class act, unlike Mladin and Hacking. Sucks for Ben Spies going down on Saturday. Hopefully, he'll charge back and take the championship at Laguna Seca.
I think Roger would of got a third at best. His tires were probably roasted from catching the leaders the entire race.
Hayes got the short end of the stick this season tho. Number wise Hacking still has a better chance to win the championship before Hayes. He should be the points leader or be atleast -5 or -6 at worst. With -11 going into Leguna he has to take pole, and win the race leading the whole time and hope Roger messes up somewhere.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This was a great race got to go to Road Atlanta to see in person it was great what a battle down to the end. But the rr comes out on top.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 12:01 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well lets hear it for the Formula Ex Champ!!!! i gotta say the crew with josh did a flawless job on tuning and just dailing in that new RR, and josh ran through the track like it was own backyard playground. the honda wings are soaring! Way to go Josh.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Moto GP Racer

That was a great race! i watched it from the first lap to the last. Josh Hayes got a great start off the line and continued to stay between 1st and 2nd place, but mostly in first for the majority of the race. if only he didn't have trouble with Hacking passing him on turn 12; at least he would regain the lead at turn 1. but in the end he pulled through!

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
Current bike - Yamaha Liquid Silver R1

- Competition Breeds Excellence -
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2007, 11:35 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
one of the best races of the season IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalCBR06 View Post
That was a great race! i watched it from the first lap to the last. Josh Hayes got a great start off the line and continued to stay between 1st and 2nd place, but mostly in first for the majority of the race. if only he didn't have trouble with Hacking passing him on turn 12; at least he would regain the lead at turn 1. but in the end he pulled through!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Lucius View Post
Well lets hear it for the Formula Ex Champ!!!! i gotta say the crew with josh did a flawless job on tuning and just dailing in that new RR, and josh ran through the track like it was own backyard playground. the honda wings are soaring! Way to go Josh.

Way to go Josh! you Rock! The new 600RR is awsome! He really deserves a Superbike ride next year!

03 600RR
Leo Vince Ti
Power Commander III usb
Galfer SS Brake lines
Zero Gravity BD Dark Smoke Screen
+3 rear sprocket
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Knightslugger

he did look super stoked when he crossed, didn't he?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Moto GP Racer

Yea if it wasn't for that incident @ Laguna he'd probably be in really good shape...

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 07:25 PM

Great race, and get ready cause the Canadian Kid is startin to spend some time in the AMA races, #8 Chris Peris. Running in the top ten, nice to see him a bit on TV, now that he is back from World SS. NExt to World SUperbike I think the AMA Supersport has been the best racing ot watch this year.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooper View Post
Great race, and get ready cause the Canadian Kid is startin to spend some time in the AMA races, #8 Chris Peris. Running in the top ten, nice to see him a bit on TV, now that he is back from World SS. NExt to World SUperbike I think the AMA Supersport has been the best racing ot watch this year.
i like FIM WSS too...this year Sofuoglu was sickly consistent. Not even Charpentier was close. Can't wait to see him move up to JT's spot.

But yeah...AMA SS is down to Triple H!!! Hayden, Hacking and Hayes at Laguna.

Hope for the best for Erion Honda and Hayes!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page