Rossi Interview: Possible Future Hint @ End

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-CtsfmodLs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:06 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very interesting...

I read his autobiography and he mentioned how Ducati was similar to Honda in that they placed more value on the machine than the rider.

That was part of the reason why he chose Yamaha, instead of Ducati. Ducati was after him just as much as Yamaha when he was leaving Honda.

If he does end up on the ducati, it would be a fitting way to wrap up his career.

He's an amazing racer...can't wait to see more races :)

2007 CBR600RR Black/Silver
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Macedonian Racer

He's expecting Yamaha to do something to improve their bike for 2008 or else he'll be leaving early! Even then he'll have a hard time with Stoner! It will be interesting to see how Toseland comes along... :icon_lol:

#Red & Black Honda CBR 600RR 2007 MACEDONIA

#The Official WTF?!?! Thread

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 08:04 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what I wouldn't give to have that kind of coverage in the States.... I don't see Rossi and Stoner on the same team. Ever.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 PM
OG

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittzo View Post
what I wouldn't give to have that kind of coverage in the States.... I don't see Rossi and Stoner on the same team. Ever.
Yeahm i really wish we had that type of GP coverage here in the states

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 08:50 PM
World Superbike Racer

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, OMG, rossi to ride for Ducati then retire!?!?!?!?! insanity!!1!

the only difference between suicide and killing yourself is whether or not you had fun while doing it. ( Me )

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. ( Jack Handey )

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 09:02 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Rossi on the Duc would be unstoppable...providing that they keep their dominance by then.

MotoGP won't be the same without the Doctor :(

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 09:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMANI View Post
Yeahm i really wish we had that type of GP coverage here in the states
You've gotta spread the gospel. We would get more coverage if we got more viewership. Formula 1 gets qualifying and practice coverage as well as pre-race and wrap up shows. We could get that for Moto GP if it pulled similar ratings.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 02:04 AM
OG

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Rossi on the Duc would be unstoppable...providing that they keep their dominance by then.

MotoGP won't be the same without the Doctor :(
yeah, rossi+ducati would be tits... i hope it happens before the doctor leaves GP

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
it would be great for the italian fans to see the greatest italian riding the greatest italian bike once again. but i doubt it would happen. even though there would not be a better move for him right now. i believe yamaha will do everything in their power to kick the ducati dominance. next year should be a heck of a lot better racing especially if they go to a spec tire.

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 02:10 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Rossi on a Ducati would be even WORSE than this year. The only redeemable thing is that people would root for Rossi to win every race in the calendar year. But we know how uneventful it's been to see Stoner win 9 races this year. It was a yawn-fest. I guess it would be nice to see Rossi maybe keep it close and then use the strengths of the Ducati to blow the competition away in the final couple of laps. Rossi leaving Yamaha is a kick in their face, but they already kicked Rossi in the face by signing Lorenzo. It will be an interesting garage in 2008, that's for sure.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:49 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Rossi on a Ducati would be even WORSE than this year. The only redeemable thing is that people would root for Rossi to win every race in the calendar year. But we know how uneventful it's been to see Stoner win 9 races this year. It was a yawn-fest. I guess it would be nice to see Rossi maybe keep it close and then use the strengths of the Ducati to blow the competition away in the final couple of laps. Rossi leaving Yamaha is a kick in their face, but they already kicked Rossi in the face by signing Lorenzo. It will be an interesting garage in 2008, that's for sure.
Yeah, MotoGP at Laguna Seca was pretty much over once Stoner got the lead. It was a blah race. It was like "gee, he picked up another tenth of a mile length on everyone else. Oooh, the Ducatis sound louder than everyone else, yadda yadda." I was hoping others would put up more of a fight.

But Rossi is the king in my opinion. MJ on a bike.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredTiger View Post
Very interesting...

I read his autobiography and he mentioned how Ducati was similar to Honda in that they placed more value on the machine than the rider.

That was part of the reason why he chose Yamaha, instead of Ducati. Ducati was after him just as much as Yamaha when he was leaving Honda.

If he does end up on the ducati, it would be a fitting way to wrap up his career.

He's an amazing racer...can't wait to see more races :)
It is very interesting you bring this up. From his autobiography, he wants people to know that it is not ALL the machine's ability in delivering wins and titles.

If Rossi does move to Ducati, it seems a bit hypocritical given Ducati's domainance this year. People already talk about whether or not Stoner won on abillity alone.

I think Rossi wants people to remember him because of his skill (what he did with Yamaha when he first moved across) and not of the "superior" machine he was given to race with.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks_7 View Post
It is very interesting you bring this up. From his autobiography, he wants people to know that it is not ALL the machine's ability in delivering wins and titles.

If Rossi does move to Ducati, it seems a bit hypocritical given Ducati's domainance this year. People already talk about whether or not Stoner won on abillity alone.

I think Rossi wants people to remember him because of his skill (what he did with Yamaha when he first moved across) and not of the "superior" machine he was given to race with.
I don't think it would be hypocritical of him at all to go to Ducati. Rossi has never said that rider is the only factor in victory, just that it is as important or more important than the bike. But obviously if you're up against a definitively superior bike with an similarly talented rider you are going to lose.

Let's face it, Yamaha has costed Rossi the championship two years in a row. First with the two engine failures last season, then with the bike that is waaayyy down on power to the Ducati. Tires played in there too of course but Rossi is pushing to switch to Bridgestones next year so the onus will fall on Rossi and Yamaha's shoulders. You know (or at least one would assume) that Rossi will do his part. It is up to Yamaha to do theirs.

I think that the M1 was a great bike when the season started but Honda has improved more than they have over the course of the season. Once again it seems like Yamaha has focused all of their attention on helping Rossi and Colin's bike has been getting no love. I'm sure this is not making Toseland feel too good...
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 10:28 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't think ANYONE knew how strong the Ducati would be right out of the box. I'm thinking that many of the factories felt like it was going to be a development in process. When Ducati came out flyin', the other factories, particularly Honda, was like, "If we don't fight hard and fast now, we're going to lose the Constructor's Award."

So, you see how important this is to HRC. Yamaha on the other hand has had issues from the CEO about how important motorcycle racing is to the company as a whole. The current CEO believes very much that the bread and butter of the company ISN'T in motosports but in its musical instruments/department. The PACE of the M1's improvement is, what I believe, a direct reflection of that philosophy.

They're in no rush to be the top dog in MotoGP, because if they were, development of the new engine, chassis and 800 as a whole would have been much more fierce, rivaling HRC. But as you've seen, it hasn't and Rossi (and Edwards for that matter) are suffering because of it.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 03:39 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the Yammi CEO said that... I believed that I read that as part of a April fool's online article...

Anyways, rumor is that Rossi might be on Bstone... I haven't watched the video posted, but I think everyone is making a big deal out of this tire issue... give Michelin one more year to sort it out..

Furthermore, I think Rossi is peaking out as we speak... His last race had no tire wear issue but I didn't see him storm through like he used to do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page