Only one more race for... - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Only one more race for...

..Nicky to win one this year.

Before this season got started i said that Nicky wouldn't win a race this year everyone said the world champ would win at least laguna.

I hope he proves me wrong and wins at Valencia...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 09:39 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hope so to. But not at valencia.... don't hink it will happen
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 10:02 AM

doubt it will happen.

1. stoner
2. rossi
3. pedrosa

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

I doubt it also....

Heck he may never ever win another race....
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Knee Dragger

I still say hayden's championship was a fluke. and this season proves it. A lot of people will disagree, but when you have the #1 spot on a factory ride and the #2 bike is beating you consistently...Something is wrong...

2007 600RR
- E-Racings Skins
- Vortex Sprockets (Standard Gearing)
- Vortex Rear Sets
- Two Brothers M2 S/O

Last edited by phoenix14; 10-29-2007 at 02:16 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix14 View Post
I still say hayden's championship was a fluke. and this season proves it. A lot of people will disagree, but when you have the #1 spot on a factory ride and the #2 bike is beating you consistently...Something it wrong...
I guess Kenny Roberts championship was a fluke as well?

How do you figure Nicky's on the #1 bike when Danny gets all the go fast parts first?

Something IS wrong, your knowledge of the sport.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I believe Hayden would be doing fine this year if they still had the same rules as last year(990 cc and unlimited tires). Honda built the 800 for Dani Pedrosa everybody knows that, even Hayden said that he was dissapointed that Honda built the new bike around his team mate and not him the world champion. I know alot of you guys have read Rossi's bio book and he describes how Honda works. I'm a Honda fan 100%, every car and motorcycle I've ever owned has been a Honda, but I don't understand some of the things that they do.

2003 Black 600RR,Track , SOLD!! New track bike coming soon!!
NESBA/STT "I" #910

MADSPEED....
surf.skate.ride.drive.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 02:06 PM
bcc

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i said he wouldnt win one either from the begining .its going to be a crash or win situation for everyone except stoner .

he still wont win
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpac52 View Post
I guess Kenny Roberts championship was a fluke as well?

How do you figure Nicky's on the #1 bike when Danny gets all the go fast parts first?

Something IS wrong, your knowledge of the sport.
OK I stand corrected. I did a little more research. And don't insult my knowledge for I have not insulted yours.

But in the unfortunate numbers game. Rossi should have won that championship last year. His unfortunate crash at Valencia just left Hayden sailing to it.

Rossi won 5 races last season (along with 4 Runner-ups, and a 3rd place finish). Hayden won 2 races (with 3 runner-ups, and 5 3rd place finishes). It just seems to me that the system is slightly flawed.

As for the 800 being made around Pedrosa, clearly Honda saw that this kid in his ROOKIE SEASON won as many races (2 wins, 2 runner up, 4 3rd places) as the "World Champ". Why not have him be the future. It would only make sense.

2007 600RR
- E-Racings Skins
- Vortex Rear Sets
- Two Brothers M2 S/O
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
OK I stand corrected. I did a little more research. And don't insult my knowledge for I have not insulted yours.

But in the unfortunate numbers game. Rossi should have won that championship last year. His unfortunate crash at Valencia just left Hayden sailing to it.

Rossi won 5 races last season (along with 4 Runner-ups, and a 3rd place finish). Hayden won 2 races (with 3 runner-ups, and 5 3rd place finishes). It just seems to me that the system is slightly flawed.

As for the 800 being made around Pedrosa, clearly Honda saw that this kid in his ROOKIE SEASON won as many races (2 wins, 2 runner up, 4 3rd places) as the "World Champ". Why not have him be the future. It would only make sense.
I'm not sure how you figured Rossi should have won, but he clearly didn't. If you would like to play that unfortunate numbers game we can include the points Hayden lost because the so called "Hondas Future" crashed into him, along with Honda constantly screwing with his clutch. I'm sure you'll rebuttal with something along the lines of Rossi getting wrecked in the first race and all of his tire problems so let me save you the trouble, that's racing.

Nothing Honda has done in the last two seasons "makes sense", why bother starting now?

Racing is not an armchair sport. Who should win and who wins are always completely different, that is the joy of this sport. Since it's a unanimous decision that Rossi is the greatest ever, why even bother racing? Let's just hand the title to him every year and we can save the manufacturers millions. The fact of the matter is racing is a team sport. It's the team that puts together the better package over the course of the season. It's a complete miracle that Hayden won, I agree to that, but it's not due to a lack of talent from Hayden. The miracle is the fact he could win under adversity from HRC.

You can call it whatever you like, a fluke, a joke, once in a life I could really care less. If you find it offensive that I am "insulting your intelligence" I can only inform you to know what you're talking about before you post.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:

Well, I don't know if I agree with this entirely.

The points systems that FIM and FIA have in place reward consistency, as well as race wins. You have Rossis and Haydens results from last season posted; it looks like Rossi has 10 podium finishes. And if we look at Hayden, it looks like he had....10 podium finishes! So to imply that Hayden didn't deserve the title really isn't fair. I mean, he's racing MotoGP - the best guys on the best bikes in the world - and he was on the podium 10 times last year. To get on the podium in MotoGP you have to be FAST and very good. With 10 podiums I'd say that Hayden was consistently fast and good (as was Valentino).

I don't think it's fair to hand someone a championship solely based on race wins. Let's say Rider X won 2 races but failed to finish in every other race he was in. Should we give it to him even though Rider Y was second in every single race of the year? My opinion is no, but hey that's just me.

Hayden won the title last year fair and square. Everybody started the year with 0 points, and at the end he had the most. If he didn't deserve to win, he wouldn't have. Someone else would have had more points than him at year's end, and that would be that.

just my $.02
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Knee Dragger

Ok guys. You win.

2007 600RR
- E-Racings Skins
- Vortex Rear Sets
- Two Brothers M2 S/O
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-29-2007, 04:46 PM

stoner's just too good.. like, there should be rules against being that good!

i like padrosa tho, aside from stoner, hes probably the most consistant rider out there.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Knee Dragger

[quote=ScottRR;1352155]stoner's just too good.. like, there should be rules against being that good!

I actually disagree with this, stoner IMO isn't the best rider out there. I just think ducati's engine is stronger than the rest of the field. No one can catch him on the straights. Granted he's great don't get me wrong other wise he wouldn't be in GP. Yamaha just hasn't found the right go fast parts to keep
up with the Duc. I think Pedrosa, Rossi and Melandri(personal fav) are the best riders out of the bunch this season IMO...

Some people say that cucumbers taste better pickeled. Huh.... What....
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 03:09 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

I'm not betting on Nicky winning Valencia but he'll sure try his damnedest. I think though that he has a fairly good chance since the 212V has done fairly well at tighter tracks (tires notwithstanding). Nicky has gone decently well at Valencia in the past too so who knows.

But really, one can't criticize Nicky too much for not winning one this year because NONE of the Honda riders have done well this year and to date only 1 rider has won 1 race. Many people consider Melandri to be one of the top riders in GP and he won 3 races last year, 2 the year before that, and this year he hasn't won either.

Nicky has been fast in a couple of places in the second half of the season and Honda is poised to strike back hard for 2008 so I'd bet on him winning more races. Whether or not he wins another title is a tougher bet to make but he is certainly among the group of riders who could do it.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Training Wheel Hero

[QUOTE=A1it'sgood;1355094]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRR View Post
. I just think ducati's engine is stronger than the rest of the field. No one can catch him on the straights. Granted he's great don't get me wrong other wise he wouldn't be in GP.
That was true at the start of the season, but check the top speed charts. Pedrosa's Honda and the Kawasakis are within a KPH or two of Stoner's Duc and that difference could be attributed to lack of rear tire grip coming out of the corner.

98 ZX9R Muzzy Ti/carbon exhaust, high compression bigbore, lightened crank, ported head by Zlock Racing.

03 Cannondale Cannibal full HMF exhaust, Maz' airbox/map mod.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

And the world champ doest win a race....But his teammate won 2.....

Shame on the new tires rules...KILLED a great championship...
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 01:18 PM
bcc

lame . hes the buster douglas of GP .

not one win the whole season ? lame
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 07:33 PM
OG

MotoGp should have stayed with the 990's

Last edited by Pami; 11-04-2007 at 07:51 PM.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 07:45 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAMANI View Post
MotoGo should have stayed with the 990's
Yep!!! The riders liked the 990's better, as did the fans. Nicky is a great rider and if he had been given the chance to defend his title on a 990 I think he definitely would have won races.

Now that everyone knows the potential of the 800's, next season is going to be much more competitive...we hope! :rolleyes:

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 07:52 PM
OG

Yeah, Nicky would have gotten a win or 2, but i think Rossi would have been the champ if they were on the 990 this year

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=A1it'sgood;1355094]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRR View Post
stoner's just too good.. like, there should be rules against being that good!

I actually disagree with this, stoner IMO isn't the best rider out there. I just think ducati's engine is stronger than the rest of the field. No one can catch him on the straights. Granted he's great don't get me wrong other wise he wouldn't be in GP. Yamaha just hasn't found the right go fast parts to keep
up with the Duc. I think Pedrosa, Rossi and Melandri(personal fav) are the best riders out of the bunch this season IMO...
IMO straight line speed does not win a race. The Ducati has always been a powerful motor, even in the 990 era. Their results were not as good for multiple reasons. There really is only one long straight away at any given track, and at least 12 corners to navigate. To me it seems races are won in the corners, not on the straight aways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page