Thanks Yamaha! - 600RR.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
 
Visitor Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 7,847
Images: 158
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Thanks Yamaha!

#UCKING JUNK!

Anyone who watched the MotoGP race will know what I am talking about.

Thats all I got to say.

Jason

“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Visitor Q is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 08:23 PM
cyclesector.com

 
Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,432
Images: 31
Thanks: 5
Thanked 224 Times in 168 Posts
Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Yamamha? Maybe thats why he dropped out...he was on the wrong bike!

Disco is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
SLAPS808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego County, SoCal
Posts: 28,565
Thanks: 179
Thanked 365 Times in 284 Posts
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Yamamha? Maybe thats why he dropped out...he was on the wrong bike!
bwhaahahahahhaahahahahah...hahahahaha...lmfao.




8692






Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
SLAPS808 is offline  
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Resident Arai Freak
 
orientexpress11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 2,808
Thanks: 20
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sete is reversing the gypsy curse. :laughing5 :icon_geek

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

- JFK
orientexpress11 is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
OveRReV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Islas de Filipinas
Posts: 6,774
Images: 16
Thanks: 407
Thanked 396 Times in 337 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it hurts to see what the 7time world champion has been relegated to, if by next year the piano manufacturer doesn't up the ante i would like to see him dump yamaha for kawasaki in '09.


2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
OveRReV is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:02 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 234
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yamaha has had a bad two seasons, hopefully they get it right next year and give Rossi a consistant bike
BradRC51 is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:12 AM
cyclesector.com

 
Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,432
Images: 31
Thanks: 5
Thanked 224 Times in 168 Posts
Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Well it took Yamaha a long time to step it up with the 990cc bike. Seems like their innovation curve is not up to par with the other manufacturers. I don't like seeing Rossi lose, especially due to mechanical and tire failures...but I do like seeing other guys win.

Disco is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Back in the Day
 
Moeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 51,143
Images: 665
Thanks: 2,026
Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Vale has a heart of a Lion with all the pain he rode
the bike had a will to finish the race but the yamama
quit on him i am sure he was pissed

Robo face got second place hopefully that will get HRC
off Nicky's back



If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Moeman is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Knee Dragger
 
Hammer_Down_RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Woah, why blame yamahaha I put the blame squarely on Michelin!! Good thing he will be on bridgestones next year. :rolleyes:


2006 CBR 600RR Silver
Hammer_Down_RR is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 04:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
technica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 796
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Shoddy equipment. I am telling you guys that Rossi will not sign with Yamaha again. And yes, I do realize he has another year left with them.

Last edited by technica; 11-06-2007 at 01:53 PM.
technica is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
OveRReV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Islas de Filipinas
Posts: 6,774
Images: 16
Thanks: 407
Thanked 396 Times in 337 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
he still has another season to go but only yamaha is still running the old style bike, you look at the other manufacturers like Kawa & Zuki they have way different bikes from last year, no carry over from the 990cc bike while the 800cc M1 is a spliting image of it's 990cc predescessor.

yamaha is just too lazy to develop a whole new bike for 800cc, they are taking the easy & cheap way out by carrying over some old stuff from the 990 to the 800 & now they are paying through the butthole for their stingyness.


2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
OveRReV is offline  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Training Wheel Hero
 
racer525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Wayne Indiana
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rossi finished 3rd in the world to the greatest riders. THIRD. I think thats pretty remarkable. It's not like he pulled a nicky and had a terrible season. I think everyone's expectations of Rossi are too high. He may be the greatest rider in the world and he's showing that by still finishing in the top 3. Congrats to Rossi for a hard earned third.


Jason Keefer
Tribal 06RR
GP kitted 71 honda CB175
Barn fresh stock 71 CB175
http://www.myspace.com/peanutbutter_and_crack
racer525 is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 07:20 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OveRReV View Post
he still has another season to go but only yamaha is still running the old style bike, you look at the other manufacturers like Kawa & Zuki they have way different bikes from last year, no carry over from the 990cc bike while the 800cc M1 is a spliting image of it's 990cc predescessor.
This is incorrect. The Suzuki is HEAVILY developed from the 990. The Kawasaki is even less so, but still much of the componentry is very much the same. You are right to say that the M1 is very similar to its 990 counterpart as well. Whereas Kawasaki and Suzuki determined last year that they'd begin developing the 800s during the 990 era, they were building towards the future and that development has borne fruit for this year's 800s.

The M1 however is, like you said, borrowed technology instead of innovated technology. The only bike on the grid that's totally new from the ground up is the Honda. But talk to anyone including Hopper in the Suzuki paddock and they'll tell you the Suzuki 800 started its component development on the 990s from last year. Honda did that in part with the evo211, but much of it was scrapped as testing and the year progressed.

At any rate, I did see it, but it's not definitive what happened to the M1. It looked like it clunked and lost front suspension or braking component broke. It might have been something they did in order for Rossi to ride it, but definitely, the combination of the M1 AND Michelin rubber did Rossi in, not just yesterday, but towards year end.

The M1 was competitive out of the box and it's not that it's stop being competitive, it's just that the competition has surpassed the flatlining M1 on the way to developing better 800s.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer525 View Post
It's not like he pulled a nicky and had a terrible season.
Pulled a "Nicky"? What exactly is your implication by this statement? I think this is probably the most inane and idiotic thing anyone has said. The areas in which the Honda has been lacking is well documented and plainly obvious. The only one with competitive Honda machinery for much of the season was Dani Pedrosa. Would you say that Melandri pulled a "Nicky" then too? How about Kenny Roberts, Jr? After finishing 5th last year, did Kenny pull a "Nicky"? You should be reminded that Nicky had been punted off the course a few times this season but human wrecking balls (Elias and dePuniet). It's a TESTAMENT to his perseverance and hard work that he was able to SALVAGE his season on shoddy equipment NOT ONCE complaining about his tires or grip, rather being a champion and riding around the weaknesses of his equipment. Did you not see Valencia as he was clinging onto his position as we slid his whack tires around the sweeping, uphill corner? That's skill to ride around a deteriorating tire...

Pulled a Nicky... you're dumb.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
gaines1016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 975
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Pulled a "Nicky"? What exactly is your implication by this statement? I think this is probably the most inane and idiotic thing anyone has said. The areas in which the Honda has been lacking is well documented and plainly obvious. The only one with competitive Honda machinery for much of the season was Dani Pedrosa. Would you say that Melandri pulled a "Nicky" then too? How about Kenny Roberts, Jr? After finishing 5th last year, did Kenny pull a "Nicky"? You should be reminded that Nicky had been punted off the course a few times this season but human wrecking balls (Elias and dePuniet). It's a TESTAMENT to his perseverance and hard work that he was able to SALVAGE his season on shoddy equipment NOT ONCE complaining about his tires or grip, rather being a champion and riding around the weaknesses of his equipment. Did you not see Valencia as he was clinging onto his position as we slid his whack tires around the sweeping, uphill corner? That's skill to ride around a deteriorating tire...

Pulled a Nicky... you're dumb.

i agree 100%. the bashing of this guy is dumb. people saying the kid cant ride and compete at this level is ludacris.

i will guarantee you that it took more skill to ride that honda around the track this year and place where he did then it took for stoner to win. i also like the fact that the kid is "oldschool" so to speak as far as riding. he started going faster when they turned the traction control down. I like that. and his slides at many of these tracks were sick. albeit not fast, but sick. thats michelins problem, to correct this offseason.

nicky showed me more talent wise and with his professionalism this year in defeat then he did last year winning the championship. i wish him all the best next year and i hope he pulls together a great season to shut up all the nay-sayers.
gaines1016 is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Only two people were pulling down sub-1'33s at the Valencia test: Stoner and Hayden. I think that'll suffice.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Resident Arai Freak
 
orientexpress11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 2,808
Thanks: 20
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaines1016 View Post
i agree 100%. the bashing of this guy is dumb. people saying the kid cant ride and compete at this level is ludacris.

i will guarantee you that it took more skill to ride that honda around the track this year and place where he did then it took for stoner to win. i also like the fact that the kid is "oldschool" so to speak as far as riding. he started going faster when they turned the traction control down. I like that. and his slides at many of these tracks were sick. albeit not fast, but sick. thats michelins problem, to correct this offseason.

nicky showed me more talent wise and with his professionalism this year in defeat then he did last year winning the championship. i wish him all the best next year and i hope he pulls together a great season to shut up all the nay-sayers.
I personally feel that the "oldschool" guys like Nicky, Rossi, Capriossi, Melandri and Hopkins are the only people who could really ride a bike when the tires are sliding all over and the bike isn't perfect and are masters of throttle control. The new breed of riders (Stoner, Mini Me, etc.) don't have the ability to really control a bike at it's limits like the "oldschool" guys can. I would love to see everyone revert back to the old 500cc where control over a motorcycle needs to be mastered and not taken out by electronics.

Edit: This is just my arm chair racer opinion.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

- JFK

Last edited by orientexpress11; 11-06-2007 at 01:16 PM.
orientexpress11 is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by orientexpress11 View Post
I personally feel that the "oldschool" guys like Nicky, Rossi, Capriossi, Melandri and Hopkins are the only people who could really ride a bike when the tires are sliding all over and the bike isn't perfect and are masters of throttle control. The new breed of riders (Stoner, Mini Me, etc.) don't have the ability to really control a bike at it's limits like the "oldschool" guys can.
Actually Stoner came up riding dirt track so if anything he would probably have done well on a 500. Mat Oxley (former racer and GP writer) was saying that the reason Stoner has done so well compared to Capirossi is that Stoner has much better throttle control which he learned in his dirt track days.
G.Irish is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Resident Arai Freak
 
orientexpress11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Flo Rida
Posts: 2,808
Thanks: 20
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
Actually Stoner came up riding dirt track so if anything he would probably have done well on a 500. Mat Oxley (former racer and GP writer) was saying that the reason Stoner has done so well compared to Capirossi is that Stoner has much better throttle control which he learned in his dirt track days.
Yeah I remember reading that same article but there is just something about the Ducati electronics that seem to have made the bike almost ride itself. That isn't a bash on Stoner though, that guy has a lot of talent is much faster than I will ever be.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

- JFK
orientexpress11 is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 01:50 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by orientexpress11 View Post
Yeah I remember reading that same article but there is just something about the Ducati electronics that seem to have made the bike almost ride itself. That isn't a bash on Stoner though, that guy has a lot of talent is much faster than I will ever be.
The bike is still not almost riding itself. If it were the other Ducatis would be a lot closer to Stoner. Neil Hodgson told me that the Ducati is actually a very physical, demanding motorcycle to ride. The TC is advanced and can tidy things up but it certainly didn't do enough to help Capirossi do well this year.
G.Irish is offline  
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
BoredTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 895
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Pulled a "Nicky"? What exactly is your implication by this statement? I think this is probably the most inane and idiotic thing anyone has said. The areas in which the Honda has been lacking is well documented and plainly obvious. The only one with competitive Honda machinery for much of the season was Dani Pedrosa. Would you say that Melandri pulled a "Nicky" then too? How about Kenny Roberts, Jr? After finishing 5th last year, did Kenny pull a "Nicky"? You should be reminded that Nicky had been punted off the course a few times this season but human wrecking balls (Elias and dePuniet). It's a TESTAMENT to his perseverance and hard work that he was able to SALVAGE his season on shoddy equipment NOT ONCE complaining about his tires or grip, rather being a champion and riding around the weaknesses of his equipment. Did you not see Valencia as he was clinging onto his position as we slid his whack tires around the sweeping, uphill corner? That's skill to ride around a deteriorating tire...

Pulled a Nicky... you're dumb.
Don't forget Hopkins and Nicky at Laguna. Initially, I would have said that Hopkins shoved him off, but after review, it seems that Nicky came back in from a wide turn too quickly and came into Hopper's line. Sucks for both of them, at a home track :/

2007 CBR600RR Black/Silver

Last edited by BoredTiger; 11-06-2007 at 05:57 PM.
BoredTiger is offline  
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
NesNeedsBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: bronx, nyc
Posts: 5,448
Images: 96
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Pulled a "Nicky"? What exactly is your implication by this statement? I think this is probably the most inane and idiotic thing anyone has said. The areas in which the Honda has been lacking is well documented and plainly obvious. The only one with competitive Honda machinery for much of the season was Dani Pedrosa. Would you say that Melandri pulled a "Nicky" then too? How about Kenny Roberts, Jr? After finishing 5th last year, did Kenny pull a "Nicky"? You should be reminded that Nicky had been punted off the course a few times this season but human wrecking balls (Elias and dePuniet). It's a TESTAMENT to his perseverance and hard work that he was able to SALVAGE his season on shoddy equipment NOT ONCE complaining about his tires or grip, rather being a champion and riding around the weaknesses of his equipment. Did you not see Valencia as he was clinging onto his position as we slid his whack tires around the sweeping, uphill corner? That's skill to ride around a deteriorating tire...

Pulled a Nicky... you're dumb.
great post dude.

Nicky's absolutely one of the hardest working individuals in GP. He's the ultimate professional, never once blaming ANYONE but himself. He owns up to all his losses. When he's run off the track by RDP and Mr. out of control torpedo himself (Elias)....he says "ehh, it's part of racing. you can't get upset." Same thing with the incident at Laguna. "it's part of racing, you can't do much about it."

This guy doesn't get 1/10 the respect he deserves.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.


R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.


NesNeedsBoost is offline  
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Knightslugger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
i thought Rossi pulled out of the race due to the pain in his hand blinding him not mechanical failure!
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
airforce101t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 696
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
i thought Rossi pulled out of the race due to the pain in his hand blinding him not mechanical failure!
no. he was gaining ground and going better and better until in one corner he pretty much stopped completely

about the Ducati, from everything I've heard its actually one of the more difficult bikes to ride. Electronics are helpful in certain ways but to make the engine so powerful the bulk of the power is focused in a narrow powerband. Capirex and the other Duc riders struggled with keeping the bike in the narrow power band but Stoner had 125/250 experience and dirt track experience so he's got amazing throttle control; if you've never seen fast 125 riders up close its incredible. Even the 14 year old kids that do club racing are unbelievable at riding those bikes so precisely. One 12 year old novice 125 rider once explained to me how he has to feather the clutch mid-corner to get the RPMs up into the power band so when he exits the corner the bike doesn't bog down. The Ducati is fast because Stoner is capable of keeping it in that narrow power band when the other Ducati riders aren't, that gets him out of the corner faster than anyone, and coming from 125/250s he is very good at entering a corner and carrying cornerspeed so IMO its not just the bike/tires, the kids got the right talent/skills to work with the bike/tires well enough to beat the competition.

Seems to me Yamaha has been trying to squeeze as much power as possible out of their engine because Rossi keeps publicly bringing up how slow their bike is. Because of this, reliability has gone down a good bit, the pneumatic valves being a good example. They need to go back to the drawing board and come up with something more competitive, which I believe they will, but obviously so will everyone else so we'll just have to see how it all works out next year.


WERA/NESBA #409
My Sponsors: Southern Gasket & Supply, LeoVince, Vortex, Chicken Hawk Racing, Pro-Tek, RK Racing Chains
airforce101t is offline  
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
OveRReV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Islas de Filipinas
Posts: 6,774
Images: 16
Thanks: 407
Thanked 396 Times in 337 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesNeedsBoost View Post
great post dude.

Nicky's absolutely one of the hardest working individuals in GP. He's the ultimate professional, never once blaming ANYONE but himself. He owns up to all his losses. When he's run off the track by RDP and Mr. out of control torpedo himself (Elias)....he says "ehh, it's part of racing. you can't get upset." Same thing with the incident at Laguna. "it's part of racing, you can't do much about it."

This guy doesn't get 1/10 the respect he deserves.
you have everything to worry about next season, Mr. Out-of-control Torpedo Man is now riding one of the fastest bikes on the grid, be afraid, be very afraid, Torpedo Man's gonna stick it up to everyone's @$$ next year. :icon_lol:


2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
OveRReV is offline  
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Training Wheel Hero
 
racer525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Wayne Indiana
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sooper__ I was referencing Nicky's nightmare season. Going from #1 last year to... well this year. I never once made refrence to the kid's performance and perseverance. I agree he's the hardest working racer on the grid. The topic was Rossi and the M1. I was stating that rossi really didn't have as bad a year as people are making it. Everyone had to make major changes from the 990 to the 800 and unfortunatly Nicky suffered the most. I agree he tried and did a great job with what he had to work with. The definition of the phrase Pulled a nicky was to state there was a big difference in final position in the championship from this year to last compared to rossi's position. This disscusion is not about the kid. It was about the M1.
Don't call me dumb...


Jason Keefer
Tribal 06RR
GP kitted 71 honda CB175
Barn fresh stock 71 CB175
http://www.myspace.com/peanutbutter_and_crack
racer525 is offline  
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Nemesis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by NesNeedsBoost View Post
great post dude.

Nicky's absolutely one of the hardest working individuals in GP. He's the ultimate professional, never once blaming ANYONE but himself. He owns up to all his losses. When he's run off the track by RDP and Mr. out of control torpedo himself (Elias)....he says "ehh, it's part of racing. you can't get upset." Same thing with the incident at Laguna. "it's part of racing, you can't do much about it."

This guy doesn't get 1/10 the respect he deserves.
I'll give him that but guess what? At the end of the day it doesn't matter what your attitude is. Where is the win? Where are the points/results?

I'm not trying to start a Nicky-base-thread. In fact, I have more respect for him as a "rider" NOW than when he won the championship. Call me weird but I do.

All in all, I'm hoping all makes will be equally as competitive--not like it was this year.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
OveRReV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Islas de Filipinas
Posts: 6,774
Images: 16
Thanks: 407
Thanked 396 Times in 337 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nicky bashing is so last year's fashion, this year it's Stoner bashing, come join the bandwagon. LOL


2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
OveRReV is offline  
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Raging Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 640
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Valentino Rossi will jump ship to Ducati for 09. I'm sure of it.

Raging Inferno is offline  
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
BoredTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 895
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer525 View Post
Sooper__ I was referencing Nicky's nightmare season. Going from #1 last year to... well this year. I never once made refrence to the kid's performance and perseverance. I agree he's the hardest working racer on the grid. The topic was Rossi and the M1. I was stating that rossi really didn't have as bad a year as people are making it. Everyone had to make major changes from the 990 to the 800 and unfortunatly Nicky suffered the most. I agree he tried and did a great job with what he had to work with. The definition of the phrase Pulled a nicky was to state there was a big difference in final position in the championship from this year to last compared to rossi's position. This disscusion is not about the kid. It was about the M1.
Don't call me dumb...
hahha, Sooper is hyper sensitive when it comes to all things Nicky Hayden. He'll read into anything slightly negative and have a cow.


I too agree that this season has been far more impressive for me, with regards to Hayden than his winning season. He's shown great class and posterity amidst a really crappy season with bike and tire issues. Hopefully the bigger Honda next year will suit him more and get him some more podiums. I'd like to see a 3 way challenge for the title next year, with Ducati, Yamaha and Honda.

2007 CBR600RR Black/Silver
BoredTiger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome