MotoGp Finale (!!Spoiler Warning!!) - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MotoGp Finale (!!Spoiler Warning!!)

Did anyone watch the race? I was surprised how easily Pedrosa pulled away from Stoner, hopefully Honda will continue to improve the bike for next year and give Ducati a good fight.

I felt bad for Rossi but Honda got second in the rider and manufacturer standings ... so not that bad :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:14 PM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah it was a good ride by dani

great 125 race almost maddness right at the end!!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
i missed the race. but i saw that youtube clip of rossi. that sucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:23 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
I should have kept track of the 125 and 250 seasons. Sounds like they were much better. It was good to see Honda and Michelin up front. Hopefully next season we will see the Honda's and other manufacturers battling for the lead. I want to see Hopper tear it up!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:24 PM
OG

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i saw the race. it was ok

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 11:36 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Missed it but I got a tivo so hopefully it's in there.

[COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"][COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]Check out the aftermarket parts and gear I have for sale. Pending ), Competition LTD FE, Sportsbikecreation FE!!!! Brand new 520 convertion kit, Scorpion and HJC helmet! Alpinestar GP gloves and Icon gloves.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I was wondering if Stoner just let him go. He's already the champ, let Pedrosa win on his home track, etc.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 06:43 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Stoner was loosing grip at the rear so he decided to play it
safe

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yea was nice to see Dani race the ENTIRE length! Congrats to him for the W and congrats to Casey in the Title!

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 09:38 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
It was amazing to me that Dani was so good and Nicky was struggling with grip all weekend? Usually the teammates can exchange info to help each other. The announcers said the only tire Nicky could get to work was the qualifier.

03 600RR
Leo Vince Ti
Power Commander III usb
Galfer SS Brake lines
Zero Gravity BD Dark Smoke Screen
+3 rear sprocket
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Nemesis

AWESOME race!! Dani was riding the PISS outta that bike!!! That's my boy, Dani!! Yeah, his bike was awesome. The privateers will have these bikes next year, with Nicky and Dani having the only bikes with pneumatic valves. Now, that's some commitment on Honda's part to their factory racers, especially for Nicky. Can't wait for next season. I honestly believe next year's rider lineup are by far probably the best we've EVA had!!!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:09 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
AWESOME race!! Dani was riding the PISS outta that bike!!! That's my boy, Dani!! Yeah, his bike was awesome. The privateers will have these bikes next year, with Nicky and Dani having the only bikes with pneumatic valves. Now, that's some commitment on Honda's part to their factory racers, especially for Nicky. Can't wait for next season. I honestly believe next year's rider lineup are by far probably the best we've EVA had!!!
Where did you hear that it was pneumatic valves? I heard that Honda is not and will not consider pneumatic/desmo because they feel they haven't reached the limits of conventional valve springs. Based on the pictures that I've seen, I haven't seen any indication, outwardly, that says this is a pneumatic engine.

EDIT: Oops, you're right. I found the article.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)

Last edited by sooperman12; 11-06-2007 at 11:15 AM.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
nicky has seen the new bike already and honda told him that it has the pneumatic valves...

i know how everyone feels about this media outlet but here haha

from motorcyclenews.com

Nicky Hayden has caught a first glimpse of the new 2008 Honda RC212V 800 that he will debut in Valencia tomorrow (Tuesday).

The former world champion spotted the new bike in the Repsol Honda garage this morning while his mechanics prepped it for a day-and-a-half of testing that kicks off at 2pm local time tomorrow afternoon.

He revealed the new V4 features a pneumatic valve system, with Honda ditching conventional spring valves to get more revs and horsepower out of the revised motor.

Hayden, who scored only three podiums in a nightmare defence of his world title, said: "I saw it this morning. I've met a lot of good-looking girls, but it's when you get to know them that you really find out about them. But it looks like a nice piece."

Hayden had a tough season on board the first RC212V, with Honda struggling to match the performance of Italian rivals Ducati for much of the early part of the campaign.

American Hayden said: "The bike looks more finished than the prototype we had last year. I looked at it without the fairing on but it looks more opened up. The exhaust is back out of the middle like last year's bike and it has pneumatic valves. I didn't see the rev counter but I've heard it goes a little bit higher. Our bike now doesn't rev that any higher than last year's bike. We'll see when we sit on it but it definitely looks pretty neat. The chassis and swingarm looks a lot different. The exhaust system is a lot different. It looks a lot more normal and should be better. I heard them talking a bit about the pneumatic valves and that's going to be pretty different for the team."

One of Hayden's big complaints about the 2007 RC212V was its compact size, which he found difficult to cope with in the early races.

He has yet to try the new bike for size yet but added: "I didn't get to sit on it because the tank wasn't on it. It's certainly going to be interesting."

2006 CBR 600RR v.2 (picked up 08/18/2007)
2006 CBR 600RR v.1 (lowsided 07/22/07 @ appx. 9:55am)
1996 Honda Prelude VTEC
2005 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sedan (R.I.P. 12/22/2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page