Q&A w/ Nicky Hayden (from Crash.net) - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Q&A w/ Nicky Hayden (from Crash.net)

Q&A: Nicky Hayden.

Friday, 9th November 2007

After a tough year on track defending his number one plate but without much luck, American Nicky Hayden is determined to take it back in 2008. He has put the new RC212V through its paces and was suitably impressed…..

Question:
What is your first impression of the new bike?

Nicky Hayden:
I am quite impressed with it, this is the first time I have ridden it. It seems to be nearly ready, but obviously we still have a lot of work to do on it and to continue developing it, but it is a good start. If you ask me in a couple of weeks I will be able to tell you more.

Q:
How does it compare it to the 2007 bike?

NH:
It is very similar, there are no big differences. Perhaps the biggest is the use of pneumatic valves which are attracting all the attention. I like the rider position, the handlebars and the ride which are all very similar to the 2007. I also like the weight transfer; it is not so sudden and not as aggressive as on the previous bike.

Q:
The Repsol Honda Team announced a few days ago that it would keep its ties with Michelin are you satisfied with this decision?

NH:
Yes. They have a lot of work to do but that is because they can improve. They have not been at the level expected this year but I am dying to see the material that we are going to use next year. Bridgestone has been ahead of us the whole year and I hope that next season we are stronger. The level this year was not good enough.

Q:
Have you found something new in the tyre tests this time?

NH:
It may be, but the most important thing right now is to get used to the bike before thinking about testing new tyres.

Q:
How hard was it to lose the number one?

NH:
It was painful, something hard to swallow, above all because of how I lost it. I would have preferred to have been fighting and to have been stronger, but we were unlucky the whole season. It was a hard blow, I am not going to lie, it was frustrating for the team because we had hopes of doing really well. We can do things much better. What can I do? Just get over it and go out to win next year.

Q:
Are you ready to fight for the number one again?

NH:
Of course. This was a very tough year. I am not at all pleased. Next year I have to ride at a much higher level, hope to be stronger and to have much more fun.

Q:
What was the best moment in the 2007 season?

NH:
I would say the pole in Portugal. It was a good reward after what happened there the year before. And it was good for the team because I have confidence in them and they have confidence in me too. The podiums in Holland, Germany and Czech republic were also good moments.

Q:
And the worst?

NH:
Not finishing at home, in Laguna Seca, that was very hard. The truth is that there were many bad moments, this what top class racing is like. But I realised that you have to learn from both the bad as well as the good and I am dying to get back on the top.

Q:
No time to rest, the 2007 season just ended last Sunday and on Tuesday you were preparing for 2008. Is it too much?

NH:
No. It is not an easy job, but I know there are a lot worse around. Being a Honda factory rider in MotoGP is a privilege, and I am not going to cry about the work I have. We have travelled a lot in the last two months and in the next two, that is a bit of a drag, it is not all smiles. You are always moving from one place to another, but that goes with the pay cheque. I cannot say that it is too much.

Q:
It seems that Honda is making a big effort to be competitive again, but now the bike is new does that mean that you start from zero again?

NH:
It is a completely different bike. I would say that in many aspects we are beginning from zero, but from a higher base level. Honda's commitment in the bad times encouraged me, when the results did not come. They did not give up and that shows what a great company it is.

Q:
Tell us about your schedule until the end of the year?

NH:
Really the season never ends. I am going to the Milan Motorbike show, then to New York for the launch of the MTV movie “Kentucky Kid” on TRL, an important programme in the USA to promote it. After that I will go straight to practice in Malaysia. Then my elder brother gets married on Thanksgiving holiday weekend, I have to go to make sure he goes through with it. We are going to have a great time. Finally there is practice in Jerez and then in December everything will slow down, although I have some commitments with sponsors. I will try to spend some time at home and do some physical training.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 08:21 AM
bcc

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
he will never win another championship especially on the honda
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 08:53 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I admit I am a Nicky fan, but the guy is humble and handles himself like professional. Hope he has a much better season next year.

Good stuff as usual sooperman.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 02:52 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcc View Post
WRONG.........

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 03:09 PM
bcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew303 View Post
WRONG.........
ahahaaha good luck with that . too many new young guys on thier way and he stil cant figure out how to ride the 800. A champion does not defend his title by not winnng a single race in his title defence
by the time he figures it out more 250gp guys will get thier feet wet and he will be the new BEN BOSTROM .
hate to break the news to ya but buster douglas ,,,oops i mean MR. hayden had his glory .

And im still a fan ,but if rossi aint making it happen he has a long way to go to even get close.

Give roger the bike ,at least he finished top ten at laguna .
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 04:03 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
ahahaaha good luck with that . too many new young guys on thier way and he stil cant figure out how to ride the 800. A champion does not defend his title by not winnng a single race in his title defence
by the time he figures it out more 250gp guys will get thier feet wet and he will be the new BEN BOSTROM .
hate to break the news to ya but buster douglas ,,,oops i mean MR. hayden had his glory .

And im still a fan ,but if rossi aint making it happen he has a long way to go to even get close.

Well for one, Ben Bostrom doesn't have any world championships. For two, Honda got the RC212V wrong from the start this year and had a lot of ground to make up. It just ended up hurting Nicky the most because it conflicted with his style the most. Notice that Marco Melandri didn't win any races this year either and he won 3 races last season. And he was on Bridgestones.

Maybe Nicky will win another one, maybe he won't. But he and Honda will definitely be better next year.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 04:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
well at least he won one then. i could die a happy man if i only won one.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 06:43 PM
bcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaines1016 View Post
well at least he won one then. i could die a happy man if i only won one.
didint say it wasnt wicked
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:

Man, your post sounded idiotic the moment you started typing. You call yourself a fan, but you have no idea how tough it was for ALL HONDA riders not named Dani Pedrosa. And while Dani got the good 212, how many races did he win this year? Two. How many did he win last year? Two. Nevermind that Hayden got punted off the track in a few races, including Laguna where Hopper punted Hayden off (incidentally, the ONE race that's allowed you to crown Roger a legitimate GP rider).

The Honda was a non-factor this year, couple that with Michelin bringing everything BUT their "A" game and getting waxed from Day 1. I am not going to even get started on how inane your Bostrom comment was... Let me ask you, who was the fastest Repsol Honda during the testing in Valencia? Oh yeah, Nicky Hayden. How fast was he? 1'32s? Yeah, he has NO IDEA how to ride an 800. Get a clue buddy. Read an article or two. Fan... pssh.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Knee Dragger

The problem with all the Honda guys - I mean even TEAM KR was bitch'n at the Honda engine... was that Pedrosa was developing the bike and it was built around a midget. No one else could fit on it and Pedrosa obviously didn't do a good job at setting the thing up. No one could ride it at the beginning of the season.... not even the B-Stone guys.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 11:23 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This is why I have a lot of respect for this guy. He admits that he needs improvement and learns from his mistakes. To all that says, he will never win another championship. You are wrong, he will win again, and again and again.

[COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"][COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]Check out the aftermarket parts and gear I have for sale. Pending ), Competition LTD FE, Sportsbikecreation FE!!!! Brand new 520 convertion kit, Scorpion and HJC helmet! Alpinestar GP gloves and Icon gloves.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 11:29 PM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i have to say i kinda agree with the comment from BCC in essence...

i dont feel that hayden has the support(honda) and forgive me for this you sepos , enough talent to win against the other riders in the feild for the next two years.... 08 will be a tough year, jorge and friends will be chomping at the bit!!! possibly making the same mistakes as dani did in his first year....

pedrosa on the same machinery , imo, will be quicker than nicky in 08, i just hope it is a tight season!! similar to the raceing we got to see inWSBK!!
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 PM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyrr View Post
This is why I have a lot of respect for this guy. He admits that he needs improvement and learns from his mistakes. To all that says, he will never win another championship. You are wrong, he will win again, and again and again.
hahahahha

awesome bro... glad you still got the faith he will need the love!!!but 100% he is an awesome human being!! mad respect for the dude!
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post

pedrosa on the same machinery , imo, will be quicker than nicky in 08, i just hope it is a tight season!! similar to the raceing we got to see inWSBK!!
Up until Estoril, I would have totally disagreed. But once I saw him dicing it up with Rossi, late braking, sliding the bike, overtaking, I thought... Oh crap. The kid's learned how to ride! Earlier in the season, Dani couldn't negotiate a bike that was sliding around. Look at Valencia. He was WILLING that bike across the finish line. He rode the crap out of that deteriorating tire. But it really depends... I mean, Dani had a better bike than Hayden in 06, but Hayden did pull out ahead. I think Hayden likes being the underdog. It gives him that chip. And he loves riding with that chip. He did that in 2006 when no one thought he could do it and he went all in. When Hayden goes all in, be careful. Hayden didn't have race pace all weekend in Valencia and he willed that bike to 8th? And guess what, with Rossi gone, Michelin is going to depend HEAVILY on giving Dani and Nicky the BEST tires. I wouldn't count them down yet!

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm with soop.

Once Michelin and the factory Honda's get their quirks settled and start rolling on all cylinders, its gonna be all out dominance. I don't see a repeat from Stoner, though the kid can ride that Ducati like nobody else can. He'll be on the podium many times.

I think Pedrosa's gonna take it next year. Nicky will also be in contention and will lock down a contract with another manufacturer in GP if Honda doesn't want him back.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 12:05 PM
bcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Man, your post sounded idiotic the moment you started typing. You call yourself a fan, but you have no idea how tough it was for ALL HONDA riders not named Dani Pedrosa. And while Dani got the good 212, how many races did he win this year? Two. How many did he win last year? Two. Nevermind that Hayden got punted off the track in a few races, including Laguna where Hopper punted Hayden off (incidentally, the ONE race that's allowed you to crown Roger a legitimate GP rider).

The Honda was a non-factor this year, couple that with Michelin bringing everything BUT their "A" game and getting waxed from Day 1. I am not going to even get started on how inane your Bostrom comment was... Let me ask you, who was the fastest Repsol Honda during the testing in Valencia? Oh yeah, Nicky Hayden. How fast was he? 1'32s? Yeah, he has NO IDEA how to ride an 800. Get a clue buddy. Read an article or two. Fan... pssh.
i didnt say he had no idea ,i said even he himself admitted hes not used to the 800 not having the brute strength of the 900 and uses more corner speed which the 250 guys are used to .Hayden always qualified high nearly every race this year ,,where did he finish ? The only person who qualified high and finished high consistant was stoner.Im the idiot but yet you are hoping against hope that it will all magiacally turn around for him .Pedrosa isnt better ,pedrosa is a midget and is used to a bike that uses corner speed and isnt a big bike to begin with .When are you hayden ball suckers gonna give the guy tough love and not hold his hand and carress his nuts everytime someone shows the truth of the matter .HE DID NOT WIN A SINGLE RACE .i dont care if he got punted ,engine failure ,blah blah .

At least im a fan enough to not write 2 paragraphs of excuses.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 12:08 PM
bcc

[quote=NesNeedsBoost;1378294]I'm with soop.

I think Pedrosa's gonna take it next year. Nicky will also be in contention and will lock down a contract with another manufacturer in GP if Honda doesn't want him back.[/quote]

if he doesnt finish high next year im sure he will look elsewhere ,put him and roger on the kwakers i think they would do well.

TOSELAND will finish higher than hayden this coming year.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 01:03 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
i didnt say he had no idea ,i said even he himself admitted hes not used to the 800 not having the brute strength of the 900 and uses more corner speed which the 250 guys are used to .Hayden always qualified high nearly every race this year ,,where did he finish ? The only person who qualified high and finished high consistant was stoner.Im the idiot but yet you are hoping against hope that it will all magiacally turn around for him .Pedrosa isnt better ,pedrosa is a midget and is used to a bike that uses corner speed and isnt a big bike to begin with .When are you hayden ball suckers gonna give the guy tough love and not hold his hand and carress his nuts everytime someone shows the truth of the matter .HE DID NOT WIN A SINGLE RACE .i dont care if he got punted ,engine failure ,blah blah .

At least im a fan enough to not write 2 paragraphs of excuses.
many of your thoughts and views dont hold up especially well after last years racing. motogp being a prototype only race series, and this being a change over year for bikes. having bike/tire/motor issues is not an excuse. its a fact, and does happen, without the rider having any control of it. motogp is a "team" sport. that is a fact.

i dont know for certain and im to lazy to look it up, but didnt casey stoner tie the record for the most wins in a single moto gp season? take "excuses" and other thoughts of how and why this happened then with your logic stoner would be up their in the ranking of "greatest of all time". i dont think casey stoner is even close to being in the discussion of "GOAT", but looking at only wins and losses puts him in that conversation.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
TOSELAND will finish higher than hayden this coming year.
whoa. slow down.

i like JT...but he wasn't even the best rider in WSBK...that title goes to Haga.

there's absolutely no way he'll finish higher than ANY of the Factory riders as long as he's on a satellite tech3 bike.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

Last edited by NesNeedsBoost; 11-10-2007 at 10:21 PM.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Pocketbike Racer

I'm excited for the upcoming season... the new bike definitely looks promising and look foward to seeing nicky gain some podium finishes!

Thanks for the post sooper!

'07 600RR (Hanna)
Ten Kate SBK bodywork
Solo Cowl
PUIG Blue tint windscreen
6000k HID ballasts for low/high beam
Leo Vince Carbon Slip-on
Driven -1/+2 Kit with DID 520 Gold Chain
Carbone Lorraine XBK/SBK5 Front Brake Pads
Gold Galfer SS Front/Rear lines
Stock Reservoir Delete w/ Relocated Brembo rear brake fluid reservoir
PCV tuned
Driven Block off plates
BMC Race air filter

post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 05:58 PM
bcc

Quote:

i dont know for certain and im to lazy to look it up, but didnt casey stoner tie the record for the most wins in a single moto gp season? take "excuses" and other thoughts of how and why this happened then with your logic stoner would be up their in the ranking of "greatest of all time". i dont think casey stoner is even close to being in the discussion of "GOAT", but looking at only wins and losses puts him in that conversation.
more excuses ,,call them reasons,facts whatever you want .He doesnt need his fan base holding onto some ideal of why he lost this year .He was beat ,so was rossi so was everyone else .Its all new equip some had tire issues,engione issues ,So what they dont need excuses .

Stoner would never be the greatest ,he sucked last year and had the best equipment this year .As far as the concept of GOAT i think thats the dumbest expression ever concieved ,how n the fak can you be the greatest of all time if we aint at the end of time . Its idiodic even to use that as a gauge to describe someone .

Greatest of HIS time ,,or greatest of an ERA ,or SEASON ..but all time ? its retarted .

there should be a website titled _www.haydenballsuckers.com

hayden is one of the best riders in GP hands down ,hes top 5 material ,top 3 when hes on it ,and when the bike works hes at the front . Im just not the guy with a list of reasons why he's not at the top .He aint ,end of story .

Last edited by bcc; 11-10-2007 at 06:03 PM.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:44 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
more excuses ,,call them reasons,facts whatever you want .He doesnt need his fan base holding onto some ideal of why he lost this year .He was beat ,so was rossi so was everyone else .Its all new equip some had tire issues,engione issues ,So what they dont need excuses .

Stoner would never be the greatest ,he sucked last year and had the best equipment this year .As far as the concept of GOAT i think thats the dumbest expression ever concieved ,how n the fak can you be the greatest of all time if we aint at the end of time . Its idiodic even to use that as a gauge to describe someone .

Greatest of HIS time ,,or greatest of an ERA ,or SEASON ..but all time ? its retarted .

there should be a website titled _www.haydenballsuckers.com

hayden is one of the best riders in GP hands down ,hes top 5 material ,top 3 when hes on it ,and when the bike works hes at the front . Im just not the guy with a list of reasons why he's not at the top .He aint ,end of story .
well i appreciate the name calling.

i am a hayden fan. why, well he is my age, he rides for honda, and he is american. i also believe the guy is talented. so yes i speak out on his behalf.

im sorry the article and our discussion/hopes of honda and nicky getting the total package together and having a good 08 season has upset you so much. i really do feel bad, we probably ruined your weekend with all of our nonsense talk.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:
pedrosa is a midget and is used to a bike that uses corner speed and isnt a big bike to begin with.
The 990 and 800 cc bikes weigh exactly the same... 148kg. The higher corner speeds have nothing to do with how "big" they are but the engine characteristic. But even that isn't an excuse because Stoner is far from being as smooth a rider as Pedrosa and how do you explain Nicky's competitiveness after they got him that new chassis and dialed out the traction control?

I may be a Nicky fan and I may justify my thoughts, but I don't make sweeping, senseless statements that don't have an ounce of validity or semblance of rationality or intelligence.

So... yeah, fan... pssh.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:
You know what's retarDed? Yeah...

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 10:01 PM
bcc

i did'nt call any names ,i said that phrase is retarded and idiodic .Looks like you wanted to read into that any way you wanted,unless you are the guy who made that up long ago
Quote:
well i appreciate the name calling.

i am a hayden fan. why, well he is my age, he rides for honda, and he is american. i also believe the guy is talented. so yes i speak out on his behalf.

im sorry the article and our discussion/hopes of honda and nicky getting the total package together and having a good 08 season has upset you so much. i really do feel bad, we probably ruined your weekend with all of our nonsense talk.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 PM
bcc

Quote:

but I don't make sweeping, senseless statements that don't have an ounce of validity or semblance of rationality or intelligence.

you make very pretentious ones tho .
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:
you make very pretentious ones tho .
Do you even know what the word "pretentious" means? I think if you look it up, your replies of how Nicky cannot possibly win another championship, much less on a Honda, is more pretentious than mine, particularly because, by the meaning of the word, your arguments are completely unjustified! Look, this is a forum, where you're allowed to express your views. You have and so have I. But that's not going to stop me from discussing and invalidating what you say based on fact and merit. You call them excuses; I call them justification for a position contrary to yours. And instead of re-engaging in a rational, intelligent discussion, you so spitefully endeared us with the name, "Haydenballsuckers!" At any rate, I am done with this. Next time you want to call out names like "retarded" and "idiot," you can at least spell them right because its like telling someone they misspelled something and misspelled "misspell."

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Moto GP Racer

Lololol!

You guys.

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 PM
bcc

Quote:
Next time you want to call out names like "retarded" and "idiot," you can at least spell them right "
grammar much ?

your definition of pretentious is almost as bad as my spelling .
If your going to make an argument and yet still have to convince me of what you "actually" mean ,maybe you should finish school or at least get your GED so it doesnt look like your trying so hard.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 12:54 AM

pre·ten·tious (prĭ-těn'shəs) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified.

Carry on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page