MotoGP NEWS Guru
Join Date: Sep 2005
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nicky Hayden ran the pneumatic valved engine today and cut 0.4 seconds off his best time on the conventional valved engine. He's still teetering around 10th place because the bike is about as slow as it was back in the first test. Also, he's running on a reference tire compared to others who are doing tire tests. Just for an idea of how fast Nicky has run in Sepang, he did a 2min 0.5 the first time around.
Lorenzo tried out the pneumatic valved engine this go around too. He cut about a second off his best time with it in. The engine braking is different on this engine than the conventional.
Edwards is using a hybrid M1. It has a new chassis in it, but the engine is still the conventional one.
It's funny how the conventional engines and 2007 bikes are running better than the 2008 pneumatics. However, time will tell. I agree with Hayden and Rossi who've said that pneumatics are the future.
Stoner was dealing with electronic gremlins all afternoon.
Here are day 2 times:
The three-day test marks the debut of the 2008 Yamaha YZR-M1 and the return of world champion Casey Stoner from a shoulder injury sustained at Jerez last November.
Of the provisional 2008 grid, only Team Roberts are not attending the test, while Dani Pedrosa has returned to Spain after injuring his hand on day one.
1. Randy de Puniet FRA Honda LCR (M) 2min 1.139 secs
2. Colin Edwards USA Yamaha Tech 3 (M) 2min 1.327 secs
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (B) 2min 1.437 secs
4. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 2min 1.583 secs
5. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 2min 1.638 secs
6. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 2min 1.874 secs
7. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 2min 1.917 secs
8. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot (M) 2min 2.006 secs
9. Shinya Nakano JPN Honda Gresini (B) 2min 2.095 secs
10. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 2min 2.102 secs
11. James Toseland GBR Yamaha Tech 3 (M) 2min 2.276 secs
12. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 2min 2.371 secs
13. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 2min 2.579 secs
14. Alex de Angelis RSM Honda Gresini (B) 2min 2.914 secs
15. Toni Elias SPA Alice Team (B) 2min 3.311 secs
16. Marco Melandri ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 2min 3.380 secs
17. Olivier Jacque FRA Kawasaki Test Rider (B) 2min 3.462 secs
18. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Alice Team (B) 2min 4.217 secs
19. Tamaki Serizawa JPN Kawasaki Test Rider (B) 2min 4.382 secs
20. Nicola Canepa ITA Ducati Test Rider (B) 2min 4.427 secs
Randy de Puniet topped the sheets with a Qualifier today, although yesterday was done with a race tire.
"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster." - Nicky Hayden #69
Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
Last edited by sooperman12; 01-23-2008 at 11:42 AM.