Just 1 test session for Ten Kate 1000RR - 600RR.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just 1 test session for Ten Kate 1000RR

Read this today with some surprise.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...kate2008debut/

Apparantly this is the only test session the Hannspree Ten Kate WSB team will do before the season kicks off. And it's not even at one of the tracks they will race. Not a good start to developing the new 1000RR, wonder what's the reason? Bikes delivered very late maybe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:05 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Sounds like its gonna be a competitive bike at least.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
Sounds like its gonna be a competitive bike at least.
Competitive?

D, that's muthaf*kkin Kenan Sofuoglu on that bike. That bike's gonna be monstrous.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Macedonian Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesNeedsBoost View Post
Competitive?

D, that's muthaf*kkin Kenan Sofuoglu on that bike. That bike's gonna be monstrous.
Yup that guy will ride the wheels off of that thing!! :icon_lol:

#Red & Black Honda CBR 600RR 2007 MACEDONIA

#The Official WTF?!?! Thread
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maybe, but that's a HUGE disadvantage! You only get one round to test... WOW! This is a brand new bike! WTF!?!?!?

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Maybe, but that's a HUGE disadvantage! You only get one round to test... WOW! This is a brand new bike! WTF!?!?!?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. New bike and 1 test on a track they don't even race on. I was reading this on another forum, and everyone was saying that maybe they are just that confident. I guess they think since they won last year and they have Sofuoglu and Checa riding for them that this year will be easy. I dunno.

2003 Black 600RR,Track , SOLD!! New track bike coming soon!!
NESBA/STT "I" #910

MADSPEED....
surf.skate.ride.drive.

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad RR View Post
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. New bike and 1 test on a track they don't even race on. I was reading this on another forum, and everyone was saying that maybe they are just that confident. I guess they think since they won last year and they have Sofuoglu and Checa riding for them that this year will be easy. I dunno.
Make no mistake, the reason Ten Kate has not tested the bike has nothing to do with them being confident. The truth is that any team in professional racing that is not run by idiots would prefer to have their new race machine available for testing as early as possible. The fact that Ten Kate is just running their first test with the new 1000RR is bad news.

Maybe the bike will be so good out of the box that they can still run up front with almost no development but usually that's not the way it works in pro racing. If I had to wager I'd say that Ten Kate probably won't be in position to win for the first few races. Ducati has had their 1098R ready for testing since the first offseason test so chances are they're going to be ready to win come race 1 in Qatar.

American Honda seems to be in a bit better shape, having got their first bikes in time for the first Daytona Dunlop tire test but I'm still worried that they haven't had very much time with the bike. Having Neil on the team will be a big help but they'll need to have a very well sorted out weapon to take on Spies and Mladin.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post

American Honda seems to be in a bit better shape, having got their first bikes in time for the first Daytona Dunlop tire test but I'm still worried that they haven't had very much time with the bike. Having Neil on the team will be a big help but they'll need to have a very well sorted out weapon to take on Spies and Mladin.

I don't think American Honda bought HRC bikes this year. They haven't since 03 and I'm sure this is the same. They just buy regular stock 1000rr's and build them up themselves. Thus them getting them sooner. Also this is why many believe they haven't been nearly as competitive. HRC took a while to get a product to the Ten Kate boys and they are now full steam ahead with there own tweaks. They will be ok but I wouldn't suspect anything great, only hope.

2007 600RR Black with some more black

Hot bodies flush mounts
Kr Tuned CF S/O
Painted mid fairings
Pazzo shorty levers
Puig DS dbl bub windscreen
Stomp grip tank pads(clear)
Carbon tank pad
Carbon rear deck cover
OEM seat cowl
R & G tail Tidy
SME Front axle sliders and rear axle block sliders
Painted seat rails (flat black)
Blacked out bolts and pieces
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 04:04 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avovoom View Post
I don't think American Honda bought HRC bikes this year. They haven't since 03 and I'm sure this is the same. They just buy regular stock 1000rr's and build them up themselves. Thus them getting them sooner. Also this is why many believe they haven't been nearly as competitive. HRC took a while to get a product to the Ten Kate boys and they are now full steam ahead with there own tweaks. They will be ok but I wouldn't suspect anything great, only hope.
The last time American Honda ran HRC bikes was 2004. Ten Kate is not running HRC-leased bikes either. They do get support through Honda Europe and they do use HRC parts on their bikes but Ten Kate starts out with street bikes too.

Presumably the delay in getting the bikes had to do with the fact that the bike is not production yet and the factory may have still be finalizing details of the bike before they ramped them up on the production line. I think I'll ask the AMA team manager about that at Daytona though.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I agree it's nothing to do with over-confidence - they must have only just got their bikes, the article says they're starting out with handlebar & footrest positions etc - all the stuff you do at the very start. It's a brand new bike and they've got 3 new superbike riders so their ideal test plan must have been a hell of a lot more involved than what they've actually achieved. At least in the US their season starts a bit later (Mid march?) and I don't know if the WSB rules have limited Ten Kate to just this 1 test away from the official sessions. They won't have had any feedback to give Pirelli about their 2008 tyres either. Not the best way for a top team to start the year off.

Ducati have a couple of test sessions under their belt plus some basic knowledge from the 1098's which have been running Superstock for a year.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
The last time American Honda ran HRC bikes was 2004. Ten Kate is not running HRC-leased bikes either. They do get support through Honda Europe and they do use HRC parts on their bikes but Ten Kate starts out with street bikes too.

Presumably the delay in getting the bikes had to do with the fact that the bike is not production yet and the factory may have still be finalizing details of the bike before they ramped them up on the production line. I think I'll ask the AMA team manager about that at Daytona though.

Good to know. Glad you in on this mix G

2007 600RR Black with some more black

Hot bodies flush mounts
Kr Tuned CF S/O
Painted mid fairings
Pazzo shorty levers
Puig DS dbl bub windscreen
Stomp grip tank pads(clear)
Carbon tank pad
Carbon rear deck cover
OEM seat cowl
R & G tail Tidy
SME Front axle sliders and rear axle block sliders
Painted seat rails (flat black)
Blacked out bolts and pieces
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 05:02 AM
CBR600RR UPP!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I spoke to somebody at Ten Kate yesterday and he conformt that it was the only test for the new 1000RR. The reason being they got the bikes late. Remember they can't use pre production bikes as the bike has to be homologated. The have to use the new bike as using the old one would put them to far behind. So they will use the first couple of races to get some data and improve that way
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Gawd they're going to have their work cut out - an under-developed brand new bike with 3 new riders all from different backgrounds.

It wll be interesting to see how they perform for the first 2 rounds as they go straight from Qatar to Phillip Island. Nearly a month off after that but do the WSB rules limit them to which tracks they can test on and when?
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 01:26 PM
CBR600RR UPP!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^

1.15.1 Limitations on private practice
This rule prohibits private practice sessions on the circuits listed in the championship calendar after the conclusion of the year’s first weekend of racing, with the following exceptions:
a) one practice session within six days of the next race, on the circuit where it will be held, open to all riders;
b) practice sessions on any circuit after a championship race has been held there;
c) practice on the two test circuits designated by each team;
d) official practice sessions organised by FGSport with the approval of the FIM;
e) official practice for national championships organised by the national federations who license the rider in question.
This is the rule that led to the disqualification of Fabien Foret from the Monza race in 2005. The French rider had taken part in practice on the Monza circuit only a few days before the race.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 07:06 PM
gee
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD crew off their meds!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
it is gunna be a great season..

who is the second rider for tenkate this year???

IGOT new stuff ...disco helped me good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
Yes, I agree 100%, Canon Cameras SUCK! .
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 07:35 PM
BOTM 06/2008

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
KR swingarm? what does that look like?
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 09:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee View Post
it is gunna be a great season..

who is the second rider for tenkate this year???
Here are all the Honda teams in WSBK next year.

Ten Kate
Kenan Sofuoglu
Carlos Checa
Ryuichi Kiyonari

Stobart Honda
Gregorio Lavilla

Alto Evolution Honda
Luca Morelli
Shuhei Aoyama

Althea Honda
Roberto Rolfo

DFXtreme Honda
Karl Muggeridge
Russell Holland
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 10:06 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Incidentally, the Ten Kate lineup is FREAKIN' strong. Though Checa was mid-pack in GP, he's no slouch rider. Everyone knows Sofuoglu will be quick. And Kiyonari (BSB champ) is dang quick too. So, give them a decent bike and I'm sure they'll be competitive.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Report out now from the 3 day test at Almeria

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...ncludetesting/

From how I read it some of the privateer teams will be running the 2007 bike this year?
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 09:32 PM
World Superbike Racer

Its gonna be a tuff one to say the least, but if anyone can get to it, its the Ten Kate team. let see how they do, cant wait! Haga is going to be even more hungry this year too. Its too bad King James isnt on a Honda anymore, would have liked to see him on an RC212V...

"You motorboating son-of-a-bitch!"
http://www.myspace.com/thegovernor
http://www.teamosg.com
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 08:07 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Just in case you haven't seen it:

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 11:26 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Mmm, that looks pretty good. I wonder how long it will be before Arrows and Akrapovic have their exhausts available for sale to the public.

The AMA 1000RR's look pretty good too. Someone on WERA forums posted up some pics of the bikes at the Fontana test from last week.

Won't be long now, WSBK will be on Speed on Feb 24, then Daytona and Qatar (Moto GP) will be the first week of March :icon_supe
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:
Mmm, that looks pretty good. I wonder how long it will be before Arrows and Akrapovic have their exhausts available for sale to the public.

The AMA 1000RR's look pretty good too. Someone on WERA forums posted up some pics of the bikes at the Fontana test from last week.

Won't be long now, WSBK will be on Speed on Feb 24, then Daytona and Qatar (Moto GP) will be the first week of March :icon_supe
Yeah, I cut and pasted those pics in the Picture/Video forum. They're hot! Thinking about defecting to the big brother 1K. What I love most is that they're still using the KR swing arm on the TK bike instead of the gullwing thing.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 01:04 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Hoooolllllllllly sh*t I think I'm in love.Thanks for the pic SOOP.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:

Here is the pic from the Wera board, apparently taken at the Fontana test:

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC-E.B. View Post
Here is the pic from the Wera board, apparently taken at the Fontana test:

Wowzers. That 's Duhamel's new ride???. Jeeeeeeeezus.

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 08:22 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC-E.B. View Post
Here is the pic from the Wera board, apparently taken at the Fontana test
Already posted it up bro been talking about it for days! :)

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php...44&postcount=1

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

- Nicky Hayden #69

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page