Ben Spies to race in both US GP's in 2008 - 600RR.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer
 
turbocbr600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,848
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ben Spies to race in both US GP's in 2008

From RRW: http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=31357

"Two-time AMA Superbike Champion Ben Spies says he will race a factory Suzuki GSV-R800 in the two American rounds of the 2008 MotoGP World Championship.

“We pretty much know we’re gonna be doing Indy and Laguna,” Spies told Roadracingworld.com February 6, referring to the MotoGP rounds at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in September and at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in July. “It looks like we get to test it [GSV-R800] once for sure before then and hopefully twice. It should all be good, but definitely both American rounds, from what I understand. But it’s obviously not in the contract, so it’s not 100%. But that’s what they say, and I’ll be ready to do it.”

Spies, whose current contract with American Suzuki expires at the end of 2008, said he has not yet made any deals for 2009"


If Suzuki is at all competitive, I think he might have a really good chance at being on the box at Laguna. He destroyed Mladin there both times last year. RL Hayden did the best of all Americans on a Kawi GP bike last year there (off course N. hayden and Hopper had that run-in!), so I think Spies has a good chance there.

2005 600rr--- totaled 7/06

2002 600 F4i yellow/black bought 7/06;

STOLEN 3/2009

:icon_lol:2003 600RR yellow bought 04/09

-What does GP mean to you, what is the meaning of GP for you?

-Grand Prix

(K. Schwantz)


Last edited by turbocbr600; 02-09-2008 at 08:44 PM.
turbocbr600 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Has he does, I was surprised to not see him out there last year...


"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2008, 10:08 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Jayso6rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 590
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd like to see him in the GP world.
Jayso6rr is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
SLAPS808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego County, SoCal
Posts: 28,565
Thanks: 179
Thanked 365 Times in 284 Posts
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
interesting....






Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
SLAPS808 is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 12:35 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Mad RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 1,452
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayso6rr View Post
I'd like to see him in the GP world.
Yeah me too.

2003 Black 600RR,Track , SOLD!! New track bike coming soon!!
NESBA/STT "I" #910

MADSPEED....
surf.skate.ride.drive.

Mad RR is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 5,488
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPS808 View Post
interesting....
Very. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

getting back in the game.
Slyder is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
CBR/CUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,726
Images: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Man, this season is looking really awesome already.. I cant wait!
CBR/CUT is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayso6rr View Post
I'd like to see him in the GP world.
Next year you will! :)


"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 09:31 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
As much as I would like to see Spies in GP, I don't know if we should count our chicks before they hatch. The talent level in GP is at a whole other level than AMA. Not only that, Spies dominates the AMA, really because of the bike that he's on. No shot to Rizla Suzuki, but that bike is run-in-the-mill. You put what I consider a talented, but not gifted rider, like Spies, on an average bike like the GSV-R and maybe a top 10 finish, but on the bottom side of that.

Remember also, that the GSV-R doesn't like Laguna because it's so tight and small. The GSV-R just doesn't have the punch out of the corners to keep up with the big boys. Kawasaki on the other hand, it ridiculous out of the corners, almost raw which I think works well for a SBK rider like RL Hayden.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Slyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 5,488
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
would u say that hopkins is more gifted then spies? considering all hopper did was win 1 formula extreme title against not so top riders.

spies has won 2 ama titles and i believe a 600 title all against top notch riders.

getting back in the game.
Slyder is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
As much as I would like to see Spies in GP, I don't know if we should count our chicks before they hatch. The talent level in GP is at a whole other level than AMA. Not only that, Spies dominates the AMA, really because of the bike that he's on. No shot to Rizla Suzuki, but that bike is run-in-the-mill. You put what I consider a talented, but not gifted rider, like Spies, on an average bike like the GSV-R and maybe a top 10 finish, but on the bottom side of that.
Huh? The GSV-R got pole position and 5th (Vermeulen was leading the race until he had engine problems) in 2006 and 2nd place in 2007 at Laguna. If anything Laguna has been kind to the GSV-R in the last two years.

As far as Spies' talent level, he is beating Mat Mladin who is riding as hard as he has ever ridden on the same bike. You can't say its just the bike because if it was Tommy Hayden and Aaron Yates (in 2006 when he was a Yoshimura rider) would have been racking up wins too. Nicky's superbike title came when the 750 cc Suzuki had to compete with the 1000 cc RC51 so you can't say that Nicky didn't have a great bike too.

At this point Spies has a much stronger resume than either Hayden or Hopkins had when they left the AMA. Maybe Hayden or Hopkins would have won more if they had stayed but the point is that Spies looks at least as good as those guys did when they stepped up.
G.Irish is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
Huh? The GSV-R got pole position and 5th (Vermeulen was leading the race until he had engine problems) in 2006 and 2nd place in 2007 at Laguna. If anything Laguna has been kind to the GSV-R in the last two years.

As far as Spies' talent level, he is beating Mat Mladin who is riding as hard as he has ever ridden on the same bike. You can't say its just the bike because if it was Tommy Hayden and Aaron Yates (in 2006 when he was a Yoshimura rider) would have been racking up wins too. Nicky's superbike title came when the 750 cc Suzuki had to compete with the 1000 cc RC51 so you can't say that Nicky didn't have a great bike too.

At this point Spies has a much stronger resume than either Hayden or Hopkins had when they left the AMA. Maybe Hayden or Hopkins would have won more if they had stayed but the point is that Spies looks at least as good as those guys did when they stepped up.
Thank you for your opinion, but nothing that I've seen of Spies has really impressed me. Yeah, Mladin did race his butt off last season and it came down to one point. But Mladin isn't in his prime anymore, as much as, he or anyone would like to think. And as far as comparing the 750 Suzuki with the RC51, there are obvious differences between a four and a V-Twin, but you already knew that.

Don't get me wrong, the RC51 was and still is a phenomenal bike, but you can't deny that the #1 and #6 Yosh Suzuki's are a cut above any other bike on the grid, including the Yosh that Tommy is riding... Also, Tommy is still getting used to the bike, so it's not fair to compare him to someone who's been riding it for years.

As far as Hopkins is concerned, I would say he's equivalent to Spies. He's got talent, but, at least for Hopper, he's inconsistent and hot-headed. He makes too many mistakes in a race to consistently ride at the front. Like I said, don't get me wrong, I want to see Spies in GP too. But don't crown him before he gets a chance to ride. RL Hayden picking up 10th at Laguna was great, but there were a number of issues that allowed that to occur.

As far as the Laguna being friendly to the Zuks... 2007 was a tire race. So, don't make much more of it than it was. 2006 also had tire and track issues, and they finished almost 40 seconds off the pace?

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 01:31 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Thank you for your opinion, but nothing that I've seen of Spies has really impressed me. Yeah, Mladin did race his butt off last season and it came down to one point. But Mladin isn't in his prime anymore, as much as, he or anyone would like to think. And as far as comparing the 750 Suzuki with the RC51, there are obvious differences between a four and a V-Twin, but you already knew that.
Ok, but Mladin was hurt for a good deal of the year when Nicky won it. Any way you slice it you have to give Spies as much credit as Nicky when he left the AMA championship.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, the RC51 was and still is a phenomenal bike, but you can't deny that the #1 and #6 Yosh Suzuki's are a cut above any other bike on the grid, including the Yosh that Tommy is riding... Also, Tommy is still getting used to the bike, so it's not fair to compare him to someone who's been riding it for years.
You could also say it is not fair to compare a rider with a lot more experience to a younger more inexperienced rider like Spies. And if you ask anyone in the AMA paddock, they'll tell you its not just the bike [Yoshimura Suzuki]. To take away from Spies just because he has the best bike on the grid would be the same as people who try to discount Rossi's success on the RC211V or Stoner's championship last year.

Quote:
As far as Hopkins is concerned, I would say he's equivalent to Spies. He's got talent, but, at least for Hopper, he's inconsistent and hot-headed. He makes too many mistakes in a race to consistently ride at the front. Like I said, don't get me wrong, I want to see Spies in GP too. But don't crown him before he gets a chance to ride. RL Hayden picking up 10th at Laguna was great, but there were a number of issues that allowed that to occur.
I'm not crowning him, I'm just saying that Spies has achieved as much and more than Nicky and Hopper did in the AMA so to say he's not gifted would be selling him short. The guy has 4 AMA titles, and won both the Superstock and Superbike title last year. Spies' AMA record puts him int the same company as Rainey and Lawson before they started racing GP's. Will he achieve the same success as them on the world stage? Maybe, maybe not. But he has as good a chance as any of the other Americans at this point.

Quote:
As far as the Laguna being friendly to the Zuks... 2007 was a tire race. So, don't make much more of it than it was. 2006 also had tire and track issues, and they finished almost 40 seconds off the pace?
Well there were a bunch of Bridgestone-shod bikes on the grid and only one of them finished ahead of the Suzuki. In 2006 there were tire and track issues but everyone had the same conditions to deal with and Chris the V took pole and led a good deal of the race. Of course, a lot of it has to do with the fact that Vermeulen has been doing well at Laguna since his WSBK days. But Spies goes very well at Laguna too.

At any rate Laguna has given Suzuki some of their better results in 2 out of the 3 years they've been there so to say somehow Spies would be at a disadvantage on the GSV-R at the track isn't supported by the results.
G.Irish is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 02:00 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
Ok, but Mladin was hurt for a good deal of the year when Nicky won it. Any way you slice it you have to give Spies as much credit as Nicky when he left the AMA championship.
No, I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
You could also say it is not fair to compare a rider with a lot more experience to a younger more inexperienced rider like Spies. And if you ask anyone in the AMA paddock, they'll tell you its not just the bike [Yoshimura Suzuki]. To take away from Spies just because he has the best bike on the grid would be the same as people who try to discount Rossi's success on the RC211V or Stoner's championship last year.
Rossi demonstrated that he could win on a slightly inferior bike two years in a row against the mighty 211V. And yes, Stoner won in large part because the bike was so good out of the box. This is not to say he's not talented, much like I'm not saying Spies ain't talent. But talent cannot make up for a machine's deficiency, unlike how a machine can close the gap between less talented riders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
I'm not crowning him, I'm just saying that Spies has achieved as much and more than Nicky and Hopper did in the AMA so to say he's not gifted would be selling him short. The guy has 4 AMA titles, and won both the Superstock and Superbike title last year. Spies' AMA record puts him int the same company as Rainey and Lawson before they started racing GP's. Will he achieve the same success as them on the world stage? Maybe, maybe not. But he has as good a chance as any of the other Americans at this point.
I didn't say, don't give him a chance. I'm talking about the 2008 GP races he'll be riding in. To think that he'll do any better than breaking the top 10 is generous, given how weak the GSV-R is compared to every other bike on the grid. He ain't going to be racing on a Yosh Zuk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
Well there were a bunch of Bridgestone-shod bikes on the grid and only one of them finished ahead of the Suzuki. In 2006 there were tire and track issues but everyone had the same conditions to deal with and Chris the V took pole and led a good deal of the race. Of course, a lot of it has to do with the fact that Vermeulen has been doing well at Laguna since his WSBK days. But Spies goes very well at Laguna too.
WSBK is a cut above AMA. I wouldn't put Vermeulen in the same breath as Spies, for better or worse. They're different riders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Irish View Post
At any rate Laguna has given Suzuki some of their better results in 2 out of the 3 years they've been there so to say somehow Spies would be at a disadvantage on the GSV-R at the track isn't supported by the results.
Where you place in a race isn't the only gauge of how a track has been to a machine. I'm talking about times here. Being 40 seconds off the leader is not something to just brush off. Look, either way, there's nothing you can say that's going to convince me that Spies has what it takes to hack it with the current crop of GP riders.

I look at the 2008 grid and I'm just wetting my pants waiting for the season to begin. And to be honest, the top 10 are just in a different league than Spies. That's my opinion. Obviously, you have another. Let's just agree that we disagree. Give Spies maybe 3-4 years on a GP bike and maybe he'll catch on. At least he'll learn that you can't crash and start again to win a race.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
Niner1000RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 6,502
Thanks: 42
Thanked 223 Times in 189 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yea have to agree there ^^

Yoshi team has done a FATANSTIC job developing that bike! But yea stick him on an average bike and you have a different result...

The only thing I think Spies will have going for him is the knowledge of the track. That has proven to be a HUGE advantage! Whether it's here in the US or for them overseas.

You see so many 250 guys stepping up over there and can step right in and take off, where a good US guy just can't seem to get it. I don't care how many practices you get in the off season, when a guy(s) has been doing trackdays and races at a particular track (like the MAJORITY of the GP races - considering the 1 or now 2 that occur in the US) you are out numbered.

I think he'll be considered as having a decent result (top 10? I dunno about that...) but the experience of the track will help him alot!

Like Soop said, IMO! :)


"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
Niner1000RR is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 03:08 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
Quote:
Ok, but Mladin was hurt for a good deal of the year when Nicky won it. Any way you slice it you have to give Spies as much credit as Nicky when he left the AMA championship.
No, I don't.
If you want to be fair you do. Its clear that the Yoshimura Suzuki is the best bike on the grid but at the time it was clear that in 2002 the HRC RC51 was the best superbike in the world. It won the AMA title, the WSBK title, and the 8 Hours of Suzuka that year. And we all know that given equal rules a v-twin with an extra 250 cc of displacement is going to have an advantage against an inline-four.

So let's look at the record. Spies has 2 Superbike titles, as well as a Superstock, and Formula Xtreme title. But you're not giving him as much credit as Nicky? That doesn't seem reasonable or fair. I'm not saying he is faster than Nicky is or was in 2002 but he deserves at least as much credit as Nicky for his AMA record. Throw the guy a bone.

Quote:
Rossi demonstrated that he could win on a slightly inferior bike two years in a row against the mighty 211V. And yes, Stoner won in large part because the bike was so good out of the box. This is not to say he's not talented, much like I'm not saying Spies ain't talent. But talent cannot make up for a machine's deficiency, unlike how a machine can close the gap between less talented riders.
You just contradicted yourself. First you said Rossi won on an inferior bike (I assume you're saying due to his talent ) but then you say talent can't make up for a deficient machine.

Quote:
I didn't say, don't give him a chance. I'm talking about the 2008 GP races he'll be riding in. To think that he'll do any better than breaking the top 10 is generous, given how weak the GSV-R is compared to every other bike on the grid. He ain't going to be racing on a Yosh Zuk.
You do realize that every single full-time rider on the grid last season finished in the top ten at least twice right? Its not so far-fetched for Spies to be able to do the same, especially when two other wildcard riders did it last year on a satellite Honda and a Kawasaki no less.

And come on now, the GSV-R finished 4th and 6th in the championship last year. Its not the best bike on the grid but it certainly isn't a turd. Its possible they won't be as competitive this year as last but at this point the same can be said of just about everybody (except Stoner/Ducati).

Quote:
WSBK is a cut above AMA. I wouldn't put Vermeulen in the same breath as Spies, for better or worse. They're different riders.
The point is that Vermeulen did well at Laguna in a lower class (he did well there in WSS too) and that Spies does well at that track too. That will play to his[Spies'] favor the same way it did for Vermeulen. Can't say how much that will help him of course.

Quote:
Where you place in a race isn't the only gauge of how a track has been to a machine. I'm talking about times here. Being 40 seconds off the leader is not something to just brush off. Look, either way, there's nothing you can say that's going to convince me that Spies has what it takes to hack it with the current crop of GP riders.
Hey don't let the facts get in the way. Spies has a stronger AMA record than all but one of the American GP champions. Doing well in a lower championship doesn't guarantee GP success but to say that he doesn't have what it takes to hack it with the current crop of GP riders just isn't supported by the facts. You may not like Spies or have your opinion of him but it doesn't change the fact that he has done more than everyone but Eddie Lawson. But who knows, maybe you don't think anything of Kenny Roberts Sr., Freddie Spencer, Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz, Kenny Roberts Jr, or Nicky Hayden either.

Quote:
I look at the 2008 grid and I'm just wetting my pants waiting for the season to begin. And to be honest, the top 10 are just in a different league than Spies. That's my opinion.
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
Yoshi team has done a FATANSTIC job developing that bike! But yea stick him on an average bike and you have a different result...
Conversely, put an average rider on a great bike and they won't get great results. And by the way, this is the same argument that someone trots out in just about every motorsport where someone wins a championship with a superior machine. People said it about Schumacher/Ferrari, people said it about Rossi, people said it about Doohan, people said it about Lewis Hamilton last year, and people are saying it about Stoner. Bottom line is that great drivers/riders get the best machinery and they make the best use of it.
G.Irish is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You're right. I'm wrong. Rossi isn't the greatest of all time and Spies is his equal. That is all.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer
 
turbocbr600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,848
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperman12 View Post
At least he'll learn that you can't crash and start again to win a race.
I have to disagree with most of what you have said, but this part funny, but alas true...

2005 600rr--- totaled 7/06

2002 600 F4i yellow/black bought 7/06;

STOLEN 3/2009

:icon_lol:2003 600RR yellow bought 04/09

-What does GP mean to you, what is the meaning of GP for you?

-Grand Prix

(K. Schwantz)

turbocbr600 is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
C.F. A member **C.F. Whore ** :)
 
Jake007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can't wait to see him race, its going to be a fun one.



2006 CBR 600RR: Power Commander :icon_supe (The best!!),
BMC Air Filter, 520 Conversion (15-45..a great mod!!)

Speedo Healer G.P.R. Dual Exhaust Thunderline (SWEET!!)
D.I.D Chain. :beer:
Jake007 is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I belive spies will race well. He wont do horrible thats for sure.
Commodore Calderon is offline  
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
RRnelcheeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,576
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think it will be nice to see "Elbowz" run in GP in the US rounds. But i wouldnt expect him to be all on top of things considering the talent he has to work against. Last year we got to see a few riders get in on the wild card to ride the GP from AMA. Like Duhamel, RL Hayden. The difference will be if they can counter the differences in the Superbikes vs. the MotoGP bike. I believe it was Duhamel said that a superbike is a couch compared to a GP bike....

"You motorboating son-of-a-bitch!"
http://www.myspace.com/thegovernor
http://www.teamosg.com
RRnelcheeze is offline  
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:26 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru
 
sooperman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,051
Images: 107
Thanks: 6
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Guarantee you he crashes at Laguna. And is back of the pack in Indy. It's just a big fish in a small pond going over to be a small fish in a big pond.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)



"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
sooperman12 is offline  
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 04:31 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up

I am definately making it to the MotoGP in Indy! I am sure he will do fine in GP.
gixxxerryda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome