Opening rear seat without a lock - 600RR.net
07-13 RR Modifications Modifications to the '07- to 013 600RR

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Unread 07-11-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Opening rear seat without a lock

The previous owner, probably when replacing the failings for god knows what reason didn't install the rear seat lock. There's just a plugin type thing in there and when i remove it a hole where lock should be.
I don't know whats underneath, if i can pull a cable or somehow move some switch but i really want to open my rear seat to check and hopefully find a solution by either installing some sort of new lock or some sort of way of opening it when needed, which is rare but i still want to.

It's 2007 model and I'd be grateful if anyone had idea. Maybe someone can post a closeup pic of how it should look underneath so maybe when i look through the hole tomorrow i can figure out how to open it up...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Unread 07-14-2019, 09:29 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Here's a couple of pictures from a 2017. Good luck!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Unread Today, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks for the pics! Had it opened today and it's pretty much the same like in the pictures.
But now I don't know which parts exactly do I need. I know I need a lock, inside there's a latch which the locksmith moved with some tool and it unhooks the seat, so I'm not sure if I just need the lock part or other as well. I'm looking at the pic below and parts names and I just don't know.
1:**SPRING, LOCK KEY SETTING
3:**HOOK, SEAT CATCH
4:**LOCK ASSY., SEAT

I think number 3 i have, its that hook so get the lock and no idea about number 1. Gotta find the place to order internationally that doesn't have outrageous shipping too. From what I saw, for a price of just the lock, number 4 in the pic, i can order a set of ignition, tank and rear lock with keys etc from Ebay or aliexpress but it just feels like a waste to get it all lol. I'd be fine with a random lock in there too but locksmith said he doesn't have anything long enough to fit in there.

Last edited by No_LiMiT; Today at 06:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in