Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2013 600rr mods

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tary preisser 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 600rr in red and it’s totally bone stock with 4K miles. I wanna do a fender eliminator kit but not if I wanna do one that has the signals or go integrated tail. What’s the best looking setup as far as this goes? Definitely want to do flush turn signals up front! I’ll do exhaust with a cat delete but not sure which way I’ll go there (so many choices!). I’d like to do shorty levers and it seems these go for $35-$200+ for a set. I have no problem spending the money on a quality set that is gonna look good, perform good, and last. The $35 look tempting but my mind keeps telling me you get what u pay for! Any recommendations on those? Any other must have mods for these? Not looking to tune it or anything as she is fast enough for me as she sits. In my older age I just love the sound and being connected with the bike. My high speed runs and wheelie days are over lol.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
grips are a nice mod that's easy and cheap. Stock ones are just hard and plain.

a good cat delete pipe is really nice because it keeps your right foot from being so friggin hot! I had to. I am in the same boat in that the bike is fast enough, so I wasn't looking for more power really. I couldn't live with that heat in my right heel. Plus is that it does seem to make more power and nicer throttle response, with a little bit more sound. A bit deeper and a bit louder. Nothing loud and obnoxious at all, but definitely more beefy sounding than stock.

get rid of extra stuff that's not really needed like the horrid rear fender/plate holder. Keep it legal, but drop some weight and ugliness.

Setup your suspension as best you can, and adjust tire pressures, chain tension, brake and clutch interfaces so everything suits your body

better seat within your budget

#5 ·
I would agree with the above, except for levers. a set of quality levers, at least on the clutch side, can make the bike easier and smoother to ride, depending on your hands, technique etc.

oh, and I don't think the OP needs suspension mods, as he has stated that he isn't going balls out so to speak and the stock suspension is excellent if not worn out

#6 ·
TST Industries make pretty good and affordable fender delete kits that include integrated or external lighting options. Plus, they've got YouTube installation videos for almost any product they offer. They're based in the US (Florida). As far as levers go, that eBay stuff is mostly crap, and as mentioned, the "red" ones won't match the Honda factory red paint... at all.

Keep in mind that in many states (if you're US based) some of the mods you listed can attract attention from the police: exhaust / cat delete / fender eliminator come to mind.

Think about doing stuff like an aftermarket seat, tank grips, and hand grips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.