Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

KT LED Headlights - Thoughts?

5K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  dannoxyz 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Why do you say this? They seem pretty leveled, I've purchased aftermarket headlights for my old mini in this style and it worked great. Also I live in LA and ride with my brights on (only during the day) since lane splitting is a thing. Actually says to do this in the DMV handbook.

#5 ·
LED headlights are not ideal in incandescent housings. The housings are made for the light projection from an incandescent bulb.

Reactions: knonfs
#6 ·
Did anyone look at the link? This is a full headlight assembly. They only thing that is LED is the demon eye/day time running light/turn signal. The bulb is an HID bulb in a projector housing.

I have seen someone on here purchase them a while back but nothing since then so I thought I'd ask! I may just buy them and do a review, they look modern and I really think it will give the bike a facelift!

Anyway, if anyone has any other info, it'd be much appreciated! Thanks

#9 ·
Yeah, looks like I will have to tuck them into the side fairings and try to conceal them. I agree though, looks like a rat nest of cabling haha.

I would only do it if the OEM part went bad. But if it did, I'd definitely be in on it [emoji106]!
Yeah, I bought some LED bulbs they are flicker from time to time, my headlight assembly is totally fine but I can't get over how new and fresh these look. Seems like something that would come on a 2019! Think I am going to make the purchase in a week or so!

#13 ·
Appreciate the opinion, I think they look fresh compared to shoving a projector into a halogen housing. Maybe if I painted the reflectors black in the halogen housing it wouldn't look so bad but I actually don't mind the LED strip up top, especially since it can also act as a blinker. As far as the "demon eye" don't really care for that since I doubt I'd ever have it on.

why not do your own retrofit with morimotos or similar, its gna be quality lights youre gna make it the way you want it and it will be similar price.
I previously did a projector retrofit with an angel eye kit in my old ZX6R, although it is cheaper, don't really want to go through the hassle of ungluing the headlights and all that.

My comment was towards the TST and Tripage response that you received.

^This, might even be cheaper! In fact, could probably go with a real LED projector, instead of HIDs
Thanks for clarifying! LED projector would be much easier to deal with than all the cables and ballast of the HID.

Still in debate on what I am going to do, may order them, try them out, if anything I can send them back within 30 days. Thanks for all the input, will report back.

#11 ·
why not do your own retrofit with morimotos or similar, its gna be quality lights youre gna make it the way you want it and it will be similar price.

#14 ·
Since you've done this before I can't tell you anything you don't likely already know but I just did this on my F4 this weekend. The F4's stock headlights are the worst part of an otherwise fantastic looking machine.

The lesson I learned is that there's just too much electronic crap required to cram it all under the nose cowl. I ended up extending some wires and installed the relay and one ballast under the seat. It's tight under there but not RR tight. On the RR it would be a nightmare to fit all this stuff anywhere.

I think the look is cool. I'm glad I did it, even though I rarely ride at night.

If you go to aliexpress and search you can find a set for the 600RR for around $200. That's where I ordered mine and they arrived in two weeks and no complaints about the quality. I think the electronics are all made by the same place anyway. The sellers are all middlemen.

#16 ·
Ah yes, I do recall having a lot of trouble hiding even just one ballast/igniter in my 2007. It was the big combo box though, not the two smaller boxes style.

I'm a weirdo and just like my low beam to be HID, but that does have the advantage of only needing to deal with one set of HID stuff.

#20 ·
Lights are rad, as soon as the rain stops I will get some outside shots and some pictures of the headlights against a wall. I do need to adjustment them slightly to make the line even but they are really awesome. Post some shots of the lights off in my other thread.

#21 · (Edited)
I used to buy these headlights. They were too cold (about 8000K), and I had to replace them with XS-Light LED HD2 H7 5000K. They cost about $130 a pair, and I was quite happy with their quality and price. They are pretty good even in foggy weather. I recently went to LA for a weekend and noticed one of the guys had something like Vont Smart Car Light Strip on the car doors. It looked really cool. In LA, it looks like something natural. When I got home, I ordered this lad tape but put it inside the interior. It's pretty cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.