Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

09-12 Rearsets

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  knonfs 
#1 ·
Looking to change from OEM to aftermarket rearsets. Anyone have recommendations / opinions on the various offerings out there today? I've heard that some / many require minor fairing modifications.

Fitment / ease of installation?
Adjustability?
Cost / value?
Build quality?

Thanks y'all.

#2 ·
I like woodcraft/cfm. super simple, gets rid of pivot, stone reliable.....does require trimming lower cowl a bit.

Track people like vortex, almost always parts you can borrow /buy from other riders..more adjust than Wcraft/CFM

look at Sato, CRG..there's a couple of threads about ebay sourced parts...search OTF?

#6 ·
Not to hijack thread, but along the same lines. From guys that have experience, I'm also looking for something more adjustable, as after installing TechSpec tank pads, I notice my legs sit lower than I'd like. So I'm also in for recommendations the bolts right in without any modifications to the fairings or anything, but also offers multiple adjustments. Gots my eyes on Vortex, as they look like they have many adjustment options, but would like to hear opinions from guys that have installed aftermarket rearsets.

#8 ·
Same issue here with the tank pads. Reason number one why I replaced the sato copies to vortex rearsets; HOWEVER, even with the vortex, my knees are not really touching the pads (thats with the vortex rearsets set all the way front and up!) If you are short like me, the sato nor the vortex will help with the tank pads placement. My next step is to add some pads right below the tank, something like this:

With the vortex ones, I had to modify the clutch side fairing, but thats not an issue on the pre 2009 600rr.

I'm interested. Pics would help (if you have pics with them installed on the bike, that would be awesome too).

Thanks amigo.

Will get pics sometime late this weekend-early next week, the rearsets are not installed anymore :(

#10 ·
vortex and woodcrafts are my top choices.

#14 ·
I have a question about rearsets. Are there any that actually LOWER the pegs? I'd love to be able to lower my feet an inch or so, and maybe back the same amount. Daily riding would be more comfortable, but then if I do a track day I could adjust them back up again.

Or will F4i sets fit? 650r sets??

other ideas?

Reactions: sld77
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.