Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Throttle play

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnH 
#1 ·
Anyone know a good guide to tightening up throttle play on a 2015 CBR600RR? I havn't been on one for a few years now and just bought a new one, but for some reason I feel like the throttle has too much play in it...

any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
I think the pull cable on the stock throttle can be adjusted, no? There is a lock nut and a hex barrel, loosen the lock nut then rotate the barrel to increase or decrease the free play of the throttle. Be careful, if there is not enough free play the throttle can get hung open, so make sure to test by moving the bars lock to lock.

#3 ·
I find that it also gets slow to return as you approach the limit.

I hate a sloppy throttle so I worked on it to have it as tight as possible with no side effects. My last bike had ride by wire, and this is definitely a step back.

adjust in a quiet area so that you can hear the throttle close when you are tweaking it. Gently open it and let it close to get a feel for it. You want it as tight as you can get it with it still closing at full speed, no stickiness, no feeling of it dragging in thicker fluid(not really, but it feels like it as you approach "too tight")

and, as stated above, make sure its not going to hang up at full lock either way. With the engine warmed up, let it idle, and then turn the bars full lock left and right. the rpm should not go up due to the cables pulling. If you rev it by turning the throttle, that's not the same. However, it won't as long as its still a very smooth and quick release.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.