Review: Motofansclub Playboy Fairings 2003 CBR600RR - 600RR.net
600rr.net Product Reviews Use this section to provide a detailed review of new products.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Review: Motofansclub Playboy Fairings 2003 CBR600RR

So I decided to take the plunge and purchase a set of aftermarket fairings from MotoFansClub. After being in communication with Mr. AC for about a two weeks or so getting the details of my order worked out (I'm very anal about everything being perfect and kept checking over and over again), I have finalized my order and will be sending payment tomorrow morning. I want to publicly keep track of how long these take to be made, to ship and to get to me. I know different people have had different experiences with MotoFans; I wanted to keep track of everything here as well..

Prior to talking with Mr. AC from MotoFans, I read a number of reviews about Auctmarts and Selectautomoto and decided that MotoFans would be my best bet. Not only did I read reviews, but I also PMed & emailed all three of these aftermarket fairing companies and in fact only received a reply from MotoFans..

Here's what I ordered:
Aftermarket Playboy Fairings for my 2003 Honda CBR 600RR without all the decals (I didn't want the bike with all the decals, and thought it still looked clean without them. Also wanted to "make it my own" - so just the standard honda decals and playboy related ones will remain on the bike). I am also expecting a solo seat, windscreen & tank pad with this order at no charge (this is part of their xmas special) - all for $515 shipped.. Also, just to note I will be paying with credit card via paypal so that if something goes wrong, well you know (although I do not expect that)... Also have all the conversations between MotoFans and myself saved..

Reason for ordering:
I purchased my first bike and CBR 600RR back in June of 2009, I'll admit, I rushed into it, but I don't regret it. Anyway, after a couple months of riding it occurred to me that the plastics were starting to melt to the frame. The guy I bought the bike from, dropped it, and did a really shotty job of putting new fairings on and I didn't realize it at the time (oh well). And then in November, my bike fell over in a windstorm (thanks for insurance)- long story short, insurance ended up totaling the bike, and let me buy it back for real cheap, so that's what I did. I ended up making a couple bucks in the end and am using insurance money to change out the fairings and make sure they are put on right this time (including heat shields!)

Communication
Communication has been great so far. At first I was receiving replies from MotoFans within 24-48 hours although at first, some of the questions I asked were not fully answered. However, after realizing that I was a serious customer, I started receiving replies within 12-24 hours and all my questions were answered fully. As of this morning, I believe that MotoFans and I are both on the same page regarding what I want the final product to be and the customer service I expect... So everything is ready to go, just waiting for a check to clear before sending the money.. I give Communication 10/10 so far...

Payment Sent 10:45am EST on January 22, 2010
Fairings Received 1:30pm EST on February 16, 2010

Shipping
- January 23, 2010 - MotoFans club e-mailed me to confirm my order and asked some questions to clarify what exactly I want the bike to look like.
- January 24, 2010 - I spoke with Mr. AC via MSN messenger about my order and he informed me that I would receive the fairings 3 weeks from this day and that the Chinese holidays would NOT slow down my order.
- January 25, 2010 - Received another e-mail from MotoFans asking more questions clarifying my order, I photoshopped a couple of pictures and sent them in.
- January 26, 2010 - Received, once again, another e-mail from MotoFans clarifying more details about my order; replied confirming that I do in fact want to keep the honda-related decals on the bike.
- January 27, 2010 - My payment cleared today and I received another e-mail from them regarding this. They also sent one last e-mail to confirm my order.
- January 28, 2010 - Received yet another e-mail from them stating that everything was going well and that I would receive my fairings in no more than 2 weeks :o
- February 1, 2010 - Got another e-mail stating the order will take 10-12 more days (I sure hope this means 10-12 days until the fairings are on my doorstep).
- February 2, 2010 - Got an email clearing up the whole "auctmarts" thing; apparently my CS rep worked for Auctmarts and just recently transferred to MotoFans.
- February 8, 2010 - Received an email that my set was done and that they would try to ship it out before their holiday.
- February 10, 2010 - Received an e-mail saying that my set was set to ship out before their holiday.
- February 11, 2010 - Received an e-mail saying that their holiday WOULD slow down the shipping of my order (wtf? not sure what to think here).
- February 11, 2010 (10:20pm EST) - Just got an email saying my set was shipped and that it will be here in within 7 days. They said I'll get my tracking number in less than 2 days.
- February 12, 2010 (5:30am EST) - Received tracking number - wooooo!

Hongkong Post
Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
12-Feb-2010 16:03 Tsuen Wan Post Office

Date # Location Delivery Status
12-Feb-2010 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
12-Feb-2010 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
12-Feb-2010 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 13-Feb-2010
13-Feb-2010 United States of America Arrived and is being processed.

USPS
Detailed Results:
February 16, 2010 - Fairings Received!
Processed through Sort Facility, February 15, 2010, 9:37 pm, RALEIGH, NC 27676
Inbound International Arrival, February 13, 2010, 3:35 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Foreign International Dispatch, February 12, 2010, 8:50 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Foreign Acceptance, February 12, 2010, 4:03 pm, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Fairings (Packaging, Paint, Fitment, Overall Quality)
To Come...

Thanks for bearing with me, as this is my first review
J

Last edited by Workinboy; 02-16-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Looks like my fairings are local!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Get Jiggy with it

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
he actually made me a great offer on the Playboy Skins when they came out, but I passed cause i decided to just get some track plastics instead... I cant remember who i talked to but they seemed like straight up guys... post pics soon

post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Payment sent, guys. Sitting back for the ride now..

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I replied to your PM's a short while ago, and then stumbled upon this post.
Reading your story above, I would also strongly recommend that you purchase new left and right fairing stays. They're not that expensite [ronayers.com] and this should ensure your fitmet will be a bit easier.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
hope everything goes smooth as butter for you i was considering getting a set from these guys but i think im just going to fix mine ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-NA6CE View Post
Women are mental terrorists. They bleed for almost a week and don't die. Of course they're crazy. Seriously. End of discussion.
R.I.P PHATSTUD

officially addicted to track
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 02:25 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Im pretty sure everything will go smooth.... just when you do get the kit. take your time installing.. dont rush it. drink a beer play some music eat a sandwich. lol thats what i did when i installed my 03 auctmart kit

good luck mang cant wait to see some pics

!!!!!MotoSykes UP!!!!!
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Just spoke with Mr. AC via MSN messenger... He said I should receive my kit within 3 weeks. Also said that my order would not be slowed down due to the Chinese New Year.. Hopefully this will be the case!
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
we are waiting for more info and surely fitment results
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Knee Dragger

hope this is true for my order too!
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Just got my fairings in today. Took only 5 days for them to ship, and the whole wait time was about 18 days. I will be installing them on friday. Hopefully things will go well.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

wow, not bad at all. I look forward to reading your review regarding fitment and such.. I hope my wait time is around that amount as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkings21 View Post
Just got my fairings in today. Took only 5 days for them to ship, and the whole wait time was about 18 days. I will be installing them on friday. Hopefully things will go well.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

few minor updates as far as customer service and emails are concerned. I have received an email from them every day so far. Communication is great so far!
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hopefully they let me know something, havent heard from them in almost a week. Payment sent on the 20th, emailed me on the 23rd to confirm what I wanted and haven't heard back from them since.

Although I havent contacted them as my design was very simple so hopefully Ill get word on something sometime soon.
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiojb View Post
Hopefully they let me know something, havent heard from them in almost a week. Payment sent on the 20th, emailed me on the 23rd to confirm what I wanted and haven't heard back from them since.

Although I havent contacted them as my design was very simple so hopefully Ill get word on something sometime soon.
Don't sweat it man, I'm sure it'll turn out okay! Just keep us updated. They told me my set would be here within the next two weeks.
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workinboy View Post
Don't sweat it man, I'm sure it'll turn out okay! Just keep us updated. They told me my set would be here within the next two weeks.

Yeah, Ive seen to many horror stories to sit back, but then ive seen good ones like yours. I emailed them asking for updates so well see.

I dont mind waiting a month I just dont want spring to roll around and me still have a naked bike.

EDIT: Just received email "still under order process, will recieve email with tracking once shipped"
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiojb View Post
Yeah, Ive seen to many horror stories to sit back, but then ive seen good ones like yours. I emailed them asking for updates so well see.

I dont mind waiting a month I just dont want spring to roll around and me still have a naked bike.

EDIT: Just received email "still under order process, will recieve email with tracking once shipped"
Yeah, I know what you mean. Good News there! Still waiting for that e-mail :p As far as I know they haven't even started working on my actual fairings yet.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

MotoFans & Auctmarts the Same Company?

So I think some of you guys will be interested in the e-mail I received from "MotoFans" last night..

I e-mailed MotoFans at around 7pm last night informing them that I haven't heard anything from them in a while and just wanted to check in on the status of my order. I received an e-mail from them at 2:41am EST with the following:
"The order will take 10-12 more days.
regards
auctmarts"

So as you can see the email was signed with "auctmarts". Up until this point I thought MotoFans and Auctmarts were two different companies? I guess they are more related than anyone though, unless this is an honest error and the guys at MotoFans had Auctmarts on their mind. What do you guys think?
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
So I think some of you guys will be interested in the e-mail I received from "MotoFans" last night..

I e-mailed MotoFans at around 7pm last night informing them that I haven't heard anything from them in a while and just wanted to check in on the status of my order. I received an e-mail from them at 2:41am EST with the following:
"The order will take 10-12 more days.
regards
auctmarts"

So as you can see the email was signed with "auctmarts". Up until this point I thought MotoFans and Auctmarts were two different companies? I guess they are more related than anyone though, unless this is an honest error and the guys at MotoFans had Auctmarts on their mind. What do you guys think?
Same thing for me. Maybe Motofans got bought by Auctmart?

2003 Honda CBR600RR - Jardine RT-One CF, Galfer SS Lines Front/Rear, P.A.I.R. Block-Off, Resonator Delete, PCIII, DID 520ERV3, -1/+2 Sprockets, Shorty levers, DEI Exhaust Wrap, DDM 55w 5000k
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatica View Post
Same thing for me. Maybe Motofans got bought by Auctmart?
I emailed them back and apparently our customer service rep just recently transferred from Auctmarts to MotoFans.. He said it was an honest mistake and he apologized..
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I emailed them back and apparently our customer service rep just recently transferred from Auctmarts to MotoFans.. He said it was an honest mistake and he apologized..
Hmmm thats still a little fishy... if u ask me

!!!!!MotoSykes UP!!!!!
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Mr. AC here to clear up some misleading info. Motofans and Auctmarts are not in any way related. However, we did just recently hired one of their reps and he's still getting used to the transition. I apologize for the confusion guys. I assure you your kits will be on its' way. Patience. Thank you!

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

updates! tracking number and actual shipment.
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Knee Dragger

I've had my tracking number for almost 2 weeks now and my status is different than yours?

2010-02-02 16:56:00 City of Guangzhou Posting
  2010-02-02 17:56:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center
  2010-02-02 22:35:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
  2010-02-02 23:35:00 GUANGZHOU Handed over to Customs
  2010-02-11 14:13:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
  2010-02-12 07:41:42 City of Guangzhou Arrival at Sorting Center
  2010-02-12 09:20:28 City of Guangzhou Delivery arranged
  2010-02-12 10:20:00 City of Guangzhou Delivery

I hope my set is actually shipping. It says it has been delivered and even has a delivery signature? Kinda seems like my set is stuck. It sat from the 2nd to the 11th and then now it seems it's back to the start again.

It's just funny how on the 28th of january I got an email saying I'd have it in a week and to please give them the highest possible rating on everything. If you want the highest possible rating I'd think you would at least hold up your end of the deal. If they would not have told me I would already have my set by now I would be fine, but if you tell me one thing and do another it kinda pisses me off.

I read the reviews and can only blame myself though. You get what you pay for I guess. Oh and I got the same "mistake" that you did with the whole Auctmarts email.
post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
@Canyon_Junkie..... it was probably rejected and returned to sender. probably they didnt mark it right for customs or something.

as far as the rest of you waiting on packages just a bit FYI..... once it goes into customs tracking ends. there are no communications in tracking between foreign shippers and state side shippers. so chances are you will see it sitting in customs until the time it comes to your door. oh also, expect customs to take two weeks easily to let the container through.

2008 Liquid Silver CBR600RR
Purchased 10/25/2008, Totaled 10/28/2008 by the dealer
New 2008 Liquid Silver CBR600RR....delivered 10/30/2008
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mine seem to be in America. I'm expecting them this week.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 09:47 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Mine seem to be in America. I'm expecting them this week.
don't count on that. they have to go through customs. next week would be a better target. maaaaaaaaaybe this week. but a long shot.

post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

According to USPS, my fairings are in Raleigh :D hot damn.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Knee Dragger

dude im so pissed off after reading this, my fairings shipped on the 4th of febuary, and i havnt seen them yet, the tracking number has not been updated since they shipped. and motofans doesnt answer emails
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Get Jiggy with it

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight6 View Post
dude im so pissed off after reading this, my fairings shipped on the 4th of febuary, and i havnt seen them yet, the tracking number has not been updated since they shipped. and motofans doesnt answer emails

Dude it's only been a little over a week...calm down... If their coming from overseas they have to go through a bunch of crap.. and if their in the states they could be held up due to all this bad weather..

post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:02 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight6 View Post

wow so let me get this straight you are b!tching b/c you didn't get your stuff from overseas in 7 business days? one of which is a postal holiday. give it three weeks then start to question. if i were motosfan i wouldn't answer your emails either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page