So I decided to take the plunge and purchase a set of aftermarket fairings from MotoFansClub. After being in communication with Mr. AC for about a two weeks or so getting the details of my order worked out (I'm very anal about everything being perfect and kept checking over and over again), I have finalized my order and will be sending payment tomorrow morning. I want to publicly keep track of how long these take to be made, to ship and to get to me. I know different people have had different experiences with MotoFans; I wanted to keep track of everything here as well..
Prior to talking with Mr. AC from MotoFans, I read a number of reviews about Auctmarts and Selectautomoto and decided that MotoFans would be my best bet. Not only did I read reviews, but I also PMed & emailed all three of these aftermarket fairing companies and in fact only received a reply from MotoFans..
Here's what I ordered:
Aftermarket Playboy Fairings for my 2003 Honda CBR 600RR without all the decals (I didn't want the bike with all the decals, and thought it still looked clean without them. Also wanted to "make it my own" - so just the standard honda decals and playboy related ones will remain on the bike). I am also expecting a solo seat, windscreen & tank pad with this order at no charge (this is part of their xmas special) - all for $515 shipped.. Also, just to note I will be paying with credit card via paypal so that if something goes wrong, well you know (although I do not expect that)... Also have all the conversations between MotoFans and myself saved..
Reason for ordering:
I purchased my first bike and CBR 600RR back in June of 2009, I'll admit, I rushed into it, but I don't regret it. Anyway, after a couple months of riding it occurred to me that the plastics were starting to melt to the frame. The guy I bought the bike from, dropped it, and did a really shotty job of putting new fairings on and I didn't realize it at the time (oh well). And then in November, my bike fell over in a windstorm (thanks for insurance)- long story short, insurance ended up totaling the bike, and let me buy it back for real cheap, so that's what I did. I ended up making a couple bucks in the end and am using insurance money to change out the fairings and make sure they are put on right this time (including heat shields!)
Communication has been great so far. At first I was receiving replies from MotoFans within 24-48 hours although at first, some of the questions I asked were not fully answered. However, after realizing that I was a serious customer, I started receiving replies within 12-24 hours and all my questions were answered fully. As of this morning, I believe that MotoFans and I are both on the same page regarding what I want the final product to be and the customer service I expect... So everything is ready to go, just waiting for a check to clear before sending the money.. I give Communication 10/10
Payment Sent 10:45am EST on January 22, 2010
Fairings Received 1:30pm EST on February 16, 2010
- January 23, 2010 - MotoFans club e-mailed me to confirm my order and asked some questions to clarify what exactly I want the bike to look like.
- January 24, 2010 - I spoke with Mr. AC via MSN messenger about my order and he informed me that I would receive the fairings 3 weeks from this day and that the Chinese holidays would NOT slow down my order.
- January 25, 2010 - Received another e-mail from MotoFans asking more questions clarifying my order, I photoshopped a couple of pictures and sent them in.
- January 26, 2010 - Received, once again, another e-mail from MotoFans clarifying more details about my order; replied confirming that I do in fact want to keep the honda-related decals on the bike.
- January 27, 2010 - My payment cleared today and I received another e-mail from them regarding this. They also sent one last e-mail to confirm my order.
- January 28, 2010 - Received yet another e-mail from them stating that everything was going well and that I would receive my fairings in no more than 2 weeks :o
- February 1, 2010 - Got another e-mail stating the order will take 10-12 more days (I sure hope this means 10-12 days until the fairings are on my doorstep).
- February 2, 2010 - Got an email clearing up the whole "auctmarts" thing; apparently my CS rep worked for Auctmarts and just recently transferred to MotoFans.
- February 8, 2010 - Received an email that my set was done and that they would try to ship it out before their holiday.
- February 10, 2010 - Received an e-mail saying that my set was set to ship out before their holiday.
- February 11, 2010 - Received an e-mail saying that their holiday WOULD slow down the shipping of my order (wtf? not sure what to think here).
- February 11, 2010 (10:20pm EST) - Just got an email saying my set was shipped and that it will be here in within 7 days. They said I'll get my tracking number in less than 2 days.
- February 12, 2010 (5:30am EST) - Received tracking number - wooooo!
Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
12-Feb-2010 16:03 Tsuen Wan Post Office
Date # Location Delivery Status
12-Feb-2010 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
12-Feb-2010 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
12-Feb-2010 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 13-Feb-2010
13-Feb-2010 United States of America Arrived and is being processed.
February 16, 2010
- Fairings Received!
Processed through Sort Facility, February 15, 2010, 9:37 pm, RALEIGH, NC 27676
Inbound International Arrival, February 13, 2010, 3:35 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Foreign International Dispatch, February 12, 2010, 8:50 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Foreign Acceptance, February 12, 2010, 4:03 pm, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Fairings (Packaging, Paint, Fitment, Overall Quality)
Thanks for bearing with me, as this is my first review