Newly Joined - 600RR.net
New Members New members MUST post in this section to introduce themselves to the RR family of ours. Failure to do so will prohibit posting in other forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newly Joined

Hello! Have been wanting to join for a while now, but now that I have a reason, I decided to! Have owned my '07 600RR since August of '15, awesome first bike so far. I just spent 4-5 hours installing HIDs today and almost put on the plastics until I realized that the high beam (left light) is always on regardless of the switch position. The kit is from DDM Tuning and everything worked out pretty nicely until this. It's as if using the upgraded relay harness that is required might be bypassing the contact in the switch for some reason maybe? Not sure why else the switch would not affect the light. If there is anyone with experience or any suggeations, the help would be appreciated! ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15002483252891964973158_1500248368692.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	193258  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 04:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Perhaps the harness used is a dual low and dual high beam harness? I noticed on the HIDs I had the light didn't really get brighter it just released more light. There is that flat line where the light "cuts off" at the top of the beam, until you turn the brights on and it "opens up". I am having difficulties putting my thoughts to words on this lol, but if you line the bike up to a wall in the dark and get the low beams on there is a flat line you level to make the lights straight. Then when you hit the brights it would shoot light in a taller wider pattern. Hope this helps if not just pretend I am drunk and rambling.

Quote:
What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page