Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Newly Joined

361 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  09BrightGreenMetallic 
#1 ·
Hello! Have been wanting to join for a while now, but now that I have a reason, I decided to! Have owned my '07 600RR since August of '15, awesome first bike so far. I just spent 4-5 hours installing HIDs today and almost put on the plastics until I realized that the high beam (left light) is always on regardless of the switch position. The kit is from DDM Tuning and everything worked out pretty nicely until this. It's as if using the upgraded relay harness that is required might be bypassing the contact in the switch for some reason maybe? Not sure why else the switch would not affect the light. If there is anyone with experience or any suggeations, the help would be appreciated! ?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Perhaps the harness used is a dual low and dual high beam harness? I noticed on the HIDs I had the light didn't really get brighter it just released more light. There is that flat line where the light "cuts off" at the top of the beam, until you turn the brights on and it "opens up". I am having difficulties putting my thoughts to words on this lol, but if you line the bike up to a wall in the dark and get the low beams on there is a flat line you level to make the lights straight. Then when you hit the brights it would shoot light in a taller wider pattern. Hope this helps if not just pretend I am drunk and rambling. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.