Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2008 Cbr 600rr power surges

755 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Wacasami roadrash 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I’m new here and I’m trying to find help with an issue I’m having. I recently bought a 2008 cbr 600rr and rode it home on a very cold day. Problem is, now that it’s warm, as the bike heats up, the engine bogs down and surges. The longer the bikes been running, the worse it gets. I put brand new 93 octane fuel in it and cleaned the air filter already. I don’t know why the temperature is causing my engine to do that. For example, if I take the bike out on a cold engine, the power and everything is perfect, but the longer I ride for, the power gets progressively more spuratic. It almost feels like it’s bucking. Any one know what it could be??

#4 ·
2005 CBR, I think I’m having the same problem as you in that when my bike is on the colder side it sounds like it does what you’re explaining where I’ll come off a stop and accelerate and made acceleration with no change to my throttle position the bike will receive almost an extra boost of power and throws me forward as though I just whiskey throttled it , And yes the more I ride it the more it seems to lose power in general but then the occurrences of random boost of power are more frequent,Does that kind of sound like your problem I haven’t been able to fix mine yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.