Super New NooB - 600RR.net
New Members New members MUST post in this section to introduce themselves to the RR family of ours. Failure to do so will prohibit posting in other forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Super New NooB

Super new to the motorcycle world. I have a new to me 2014 CBR600RR with 3200 miles. I’ve only put just at 10 miles on it and notice tonight when I went to lock my cover that there was a small amount (teaspoon size) of oil right next to the kick stand. I start freaking out because the last thing I want is a lemon for a bike. I looked online at a couple of videos and one guy mentioned that the oil could be a little over filled and it could be coming from the airbox. Now it is dark where I’m at and really couldn’t see a path to where it could be coming from to confirm the airbox theory, I’ll have to look in the am. Anyone here has seen or heard of this before? Thanks, looking for peace of mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 11:14 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Relax, and look at it carefully in the AM.

Post a pic of oil level after you start the bike, get it fully warm (170-180f) .....and then shut it off, wait 2 minutes.....oil level s/b above 3/4 on oil fill sightglass.

Overfilled is completely full sight glass.

You want somewhere in between.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks just a little nervous

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Ok so it looks like there are 2 rubber hoses that come out directly in front of the kick stand and the oil is definitely coming from one of them, I haven’t ran it yet to see if the oil is over filled or not, it’s coming soon. I did notice that the oil dripping is not the same color as the oil in the sight glass.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Hey welcome to the forum and congrats on the sweet bike! Sorry to hear you might be having some troubles from the get-go, but I know some of the veterans on here will be able to help you out. Have fun and be safe out there!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:44 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free_Ride85 View Post
Ok so it looks like there are 2 rubber hoses that come out directly in front of the kick stand and the oil is definitely coming from one of them, I havenít ran it yet to see if the oil is over filled or not, itís coming soon. I did notice that the oil dripping is not the same color as the oil in the sight glass.
got a pciture? im pretty sure the hoses youre referring to may be the coolant overflow hoses. and are you 100% positive the fluid leaking is oil? try checking it again and look on the bottom side of your water pump(silver metal part behind your kickstand) for a leak. the overflow hoses attach to the coolant reservoir and would leak when thats overfilled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page