Opinions and help appreciated - 600RR.net
New Members New members MUST post in this section to introduce themselves to the RR family of ours. Failure to do so will prohibit posting in other forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Opinions and help appreciated

Hello all, Im new here. Anyways, I've been looking to buy a 2007-2008 cbr600rr. What do you guys think? Knowing the history of the cbr, I feel as though those years are the best years of the cbr. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i believe the 2007-2008 was the last model produced before emission standards absolutely destroyed the cbr. Opinions and help wanted. Also, please post some photos of your bikes!! Also, I got to ride a panigale 1199 and let me just tell you i crapped my pants way too many times... That bike is exhilarating but too much for the street. It is definitely on my bucket list to own one some day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bren-duc-4.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	201039  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In USA restriction of 09+ was done to meet EU3(or 4?) noise restrictions.

(in top gear the bike has a bit less pull in upper rpm range?

07-08 is my favorite years/model.....but have an 09!

with the 09-12's you can defeat the restriction, and return bike to original performance.

if you do the de restrict, get a good quality aftermarket exhaust system, find a reputable tuner, and get the bike dyno'd and remapped.

it's a bit of fuss, but well worth it.....
The Following User Says Thank You to tary preisser For This Useful Post:
Miweber929 (05-07-2019)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:17 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Hi, I'm new here as well. I honestly couldn't tell you the differences between model years because I don't know much about them yet lol, but I'm sure you will enjoy whichever you decide to buy! I have an 03 and ride it to work almost daily. Good luck with your decision, sorry I couldn't provide any useful info lol.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:49 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlJ10571 View Post
Hello all, Im new here. Anyways, I've been looking to buy a 2007-2008 cbr600rr. What do you guys think? Knowing the history of the cbr, I feel as though those years are the best years of the cbr. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i believe the 2007-2008 was the last model produced before emission standards absolutely destroyed the cbr. Opinions and help wanted. Also, please post some photos of your bikes!! Also, I got to ride a panigale 1199 and let me just tell you i crapped my pants way too many times... That bike is exhilarating but too much for the street. It is definitely on my bucket list to own one some day.
“Absolutely destroyed” is the biggest overstatement of what was done every written!!!! The 09+ bikes are “down” 5hp on TOP END but have a much meatier midrange that makes them a great street bike, maybe even better. Your best bang for the buck is to buy a dirt cheap 09+ And a $50 Zbomb restriction eliminator and get the best of both worlds, full top end and that meatier mid range. @tary preisser already mentioned this.

If you like the 1199 but think it’s too much for the street, ride a 959 Panigale. I rented one last month in Las Vegas and put 275 miles on it chasing around the desert. Other than a severely overheated ass, the exhaust pipe circles under the seat, it was a blast. I’d take my Supersport S over it any day, however.

- '17 Ducati Supersport S
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R
- Past rides: too many to list
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:20 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Personally I think the 04 is the better looking CBR600 RR model :D much more aggressive looking in my eyes.
Or the '05/6 for the USD forks. Plus they'll be cheaper than a newer model.

But it's down to your personal preference and budget.
Take one of each era for a test ride.
But if you've got the cash to be considering a Ducati too, then you've got a whole heap of bikes to choose from with that budget. Or buy a couple!
However I do know quite a few people with Ducatis and they always seem to be breaking, whereas the Hondas are bulletproof. Dukes are gorgeous bikes tho.

Steve
'04 CBR 600RR
IBA #40198
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:29 AM
Training Wheel Hero

I've been a member for a while but don't get on here much, I have an 2007 New Zealand model which still came out with an exhaust that was very quiet It had a cat converter in the exhaust system. However after fitting a Yoshi RS5 it improved the sound by a good margin. Still sounds like a ***** bike.....Got a Cat eliminator off flea-bay which didn't fit (Don't buy the cheap ones unless like me you have a Tig welder) So after chopping it around a bit and getting it to fit, I have to say I'm glad the Yoshi came with a DB killer. This thing really howls but I doubt in would pass a MOT inspection. I kept the exhaust flap thing in place to keep the mid range torque. If you cut this out you won't have enough back pressure to make it run right. I think someone on here bought a bike recently with a stubby exhaust and was having problems with it. As for Ducati's..My friend has one (ST2) and the thing's always breaking down. Mostly electrical problems.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Moto GP Racer

putting a full exhaust system (removing flapper)doesn't result in rough/poor performance.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:36 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsolentMinx View Post
Personally I think the 04 is the better looking CBR600 RR model 😄 much more aggressive looking in my eyes.
Or the '05/6 for the USD forks. Plus they'll be cheaper than a newer model.

But it's down to your personal preference and budget.
Take one of each era for a test ride.
But if you've got the cash to be considering a Ducati too, then you've got a whole heap of bikes to choose from with that budget. Or buy a couple!
However I do know quite a few people with Ducatis and they always seem to be breaking, whereas the Hondas are bulletproof. Dukes are gorgeous bikes tho.
I have an 06 double r and I love the look and stance. I will be buying an 08 and up soon though because the clip on are above the triple tree. Little bit easier on the wrist. I’ll be keeping my 06 for sure though. Only has 13k on it. Either way you go though you’re buying a cbr and they are great bikes and super reliable for it has a Honda motor. Have fun a ride safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page