Peg vibration, feeling of chain slap - 600RR.net
New Members New members MUST post in this section to introduce themselves to the RR family of ours. Failure to do so will prohibit posting in other forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Peg vibration, feeling of chain slap

Hi guys, I bought my second cbr not long ago, I've done about 2k miles and I am dealing with engine vibration and right foot peg vibration. Also when you are feathering the throttle you can feel almost what feels like chain slap on the right hand peg. These bikes are very smooth through the rev range having owned and ridden a few before so it's not just something to deal with. I also done about 1.5k miles been very smooth like...no vibration at all through pegs or engine...nothing is loose, chain has been checked and sprockets, engine bolts are tight and still have factory markings. As I say this bike ran almost like you couldn't feel the engine running for so long, now has all these vibrations. I understand these are sports bikes but these vibrations are not normal as I see from other posts...would be nice to hear from someone who has dealt with the same and maybe rectified the problem. Cheers cbr600rr 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I noticed earlier that the chain slapping feeling on the right peg including the vibration almost went away by engaging the clutch by 1mm
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 01:38 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
maybe some warpage,/damage/wear to clutch assembly?

vibration follows wheel speed or motor speed?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Definately motor speed, clutch in rolling no vibration at all, clutch in and revving also has no vibration to pegs or tank
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 12:08 AM
Moto GP Racer

wait, someone with more knowledge may add info.....but maybe broken clutch internals?

plate or spring?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Had the cover off earlier, without stripping it all, I found the fly/basket has about 1mm of play
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Moto GP Racer

Jeez, im outta my knowledge base.

In neutral, with the bike on stands is the vibe there when you're loading the clutch slightly as described above?

in a car, i'd guess at a bad throwout bearing.

ps keep posting!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

There's still a little vibration but can't tell as the peg vibration and feeling of slapping isn't until your in gear feathering the throttle. Seen too many posts where people have abused others saying it's normal and to deal with a sports bike, I've ridden a few and ridden my own to know these bikes are super smooth throughout the revs. I will get to the bottom of it and make sure I post what it is. Over the next week or so I will replace clutch springs aswell as obtaining measurements. It also feels like the bike has some drag as sometimes the power feels smoother and more. Keep you updated soon
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 07:04 AM
World Superbike Racer

Chain and sprockets in good shape, not just checked? How many miles on them?

Wheels in alignment? How about wheel bearings?

So what did you do to the bike, no matter how insignificant it seems, right before it started doing this?

Lastly, how many miles on the bike?

- '17 Ducati Supersport S
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R
- Past rides: too many to list
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Absolutely nothing, started doing it and all I've done since then is service, replaced cct with another new genuine honda part which tbh I don't like them, manual is quieter and a little smoother once adjusted right. Bike Las 7.7k on it.
Friday I will be ordering roller bearing, washer, lock nut and washer, 5 clutch springs and will check clutch plate measurements and see whether there is a difference. Ordered a new set of coils which have arrived, didn't need but dyno day Saturday to see how fueling is sue to exhaust and pipe and k n n. Some say don't need a tune but the engine has a growl to it and I believe it's due to running a little too lean. She'll be then parked up until I get the clutch parts Ns will update the add..if it resolves it, bonus!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

After inspection the roller bearing and guide has too much play so will be replaced and all clutch springs are loose. So will be replacing these and hopefully the bike feels good as new. Will update again once I know
The Following User Says Thank You to Keiran Chmiel For This Useful Post:
tary preisser (06-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page