Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2007 cbr600rr not firing up

2K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  noobrider 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I am a new member, recently I changed the throttle cable for my 2007 cbr600rr everything was fine, the bike fired right up and rode it around for a bit. However, the next day I took everything apart again to make sure everything was correctly plugged in u and when I put it back together no dice. The bike still turns on with the key and I do hear the fuel prime and when I push the power switch the bike cranks but doesn't fire up.

1. I have checked the fuses everything seems good.
2. I charged the battery and it sound strong.

#2 ·
Hi everyone I am a new member, recently I changed the throttle cable for my 2007 cbr600rr everything was fine, the bike fired right up and rode it around for a bit. However, the next day I took everything apart again to make sure everything was correctly plugged in u and when I put it back together no dice. The bike still turns on with the key and I do hear the fuel prime and when I push the power switch the bike cranks but doesn't fire up.

1. I have checked the fuses everything seems good.

2. I charged the battery and it sound strong.
I'm not expert but sounds like a fuel issues check the fuel line make sure is connected and that there's no kink in it, also could be the starter on the bike make sure they relays are good.

Get yourself the service manual is the best help you can get

#4 ·
So you only touched throttle cable ? -

All relays are good, correct resistance and ‘clicking’ properly ? - angle sensor fuse is good and you’ve got a good ground at battery and solenoid? .. all sensors and plugs in?

Have you tried push starting and/or shooting some starter fluid in air box?

#5 ·
I’m not too familiar with where the tip sensor is on the 2007 without looking it up but I see your front fairing is off - regardless., try by passing the tip sensor or settting it properly and reset everything by unplugging / disconnecting battery and removing fuses and put everything back and give it a go - .. clean all sensor connections as well ..

Also try starting it different ways for more trouble shooting - like kick stand up, in gear with pulled clutch etc ?-

My 2006 was pulling this same **** on me and I thought it was water in the tank, had hit or miss starting and when it did fire up it was sputter city - couldn’t figure it out so I stripped it down and found a bad cam position sensor, threw the one off my old engine in there and it fixed everything ..

Also check your idle cable ? Idk bud, just throwing things out there that I’ve dealt with when it comes to the rocket not firing up

#6 ·
And this might seem stupid but why did you change throttle cable to begin with and if everything g was fine - why gut it again!? - and also make sure the battery is pushing the correct CCA - I think it needs at least 190 CCA to start bike -

There’s also a pink wire coming from the ignition that lets the rocket know “hey, key is in and on, no thief’s or BS here let’s go!” - it’s like a voltage step down process that takes the ignition from 12V down to 9V for security reasons I think..

#7 ·
hey jetman

if it were the engine stop relay, the bank angle sensor, the fuel pump relay, or the kill switch, the pump would NOT PRIME and the efi lamp would not come on then go out. his bike sequences properly so it's not possibly one of these, don't send him down a path that cannot be the problem.

the kickstand switch has no affect on starting (your bike will start if it's up or down, it doesn't matter, so long as neutral is selected, which it is)

also, you're welcome for fixing your bike for you. this guy's problem may well be a cam position sensor as well as it won't fire without the feedback. if he had the airbox off he may have unplugged it for some reason and forgot to reconnect it.

#8 ·
So my bas is working properly I have installed right and even flipped it upside down and it stops the fuel. Put the bike in first gear I can feel the bike move slightly forward but still doesn't turn on. I replaced the throttle cable because I had an accident and the cable got a little scuffed up.

#9 · (Edited)
When you had the airbox off did you unplug anything under it?

Edit. Have you tried starting it with the throttle wide open? Maybe you just flooded it. Try that before going too overboard with anything else.

If it sputters when you do this, keep cranking with it wot till the sputtering stops. Then release the throttle and try to start it normally again.

#22 ·
sorry I will try again tomorrow, I mean for the airbox its just 3 tubes and the sensor, I don't remember unplugging anything else and last time I checked everything seem good, could it be my fuel injectors are not injecting gasoline? Because oil goes through them but never seem to leave and when taking the injectors out some gasoline will come out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.