Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

New to forum, bike won’t start. NEED HELP

764 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  prdodd21 
#1 ·
i’m having a problem with my bike.I replaced the battery and 2 days later the bike wouldn’t start after i had just rode it somewhere so i pushed started it. after it started, the HESD light came on and shorty after that all of the dashboard turned off except for the gas gauge, clock and warning lights but the bike continued to run. i then turned the bike off and it wouldn’t start back up. once i got it home and let it sit for a while, i tried to turn it back on and all of the gauges and lights came on as well as the speedometer needle sweep up and down (as if nothing is wrong), but when i go to start it i just hear a loud buzzing noise coming from the seat area and everything on the dashboard goes off and back on every time i hit the starter button. I let it sit for another day and was able to push start it but as soon as it started the FI light came on as well as the HESD light. again, shortly after it started from a push start, the dash **** off completely but the bike was still running (until it stopped about 5 min later). but before the bike cut off i was able to read the FI code and it was 51 (HESD linear solenoid malfunction) but it sounds strange that a steering damper would shut the whole bike down. I’m leaning towards a ground issue that maybe caused the damper sensor to act up and throw a false code but i really don’t know. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

#2 ·
your battery is dead

did you do any investigation into why your old battery died? or did you just replace it and consider it a job well done?

chances are your charging system has failed and that's why your old battery died. since you didn't fix the charging system your bike will now just eat batteries as it goes.

you have to treat the cause, not the symptom

#3 ·
i just replaced the battery. and i know buying it 3 days ago fully charged doesn’t mean it’s still charged but i believe it’s not a dead battery for a couple reasons. one, i got the bike started and then it just cut off while it was running; two, the bike seems to be completely dead one minute and the next the battery will have enough power to attempt to start the bike

#5 ·
didn’t mean any disrespect by the response, i appreciate the help and i’m not denying the battery may be dead now and i now know that it’s definitely the charging system thanks to you and that’s where i should start looking. thank you very much

#11 ·
Just keep in mind the low battery is a symptom, not the actual problem, and follow @wibbly advice to check your charging system before calling it done.

You may get off easy with an RR replacement only, but I’d bet the stator as well. Be sure to test BOTH completely.

#12 ·
So i replaced the stator and that was the MAIN problem. I now seem to have a problem in higher gears. so everything is running great expect for some reason i’m not getting all the power i can at high RPMs in 4th,5th&6th. and I know this isn’t a huge deal seeing as i won’t really use this much but my top speed is only like 135 and then it climbs VERY SLOW (~1mph/5sec) . i can’t seem to redline in high gears (I DO NOT DRIVE THIS FAST ON PUBLIC ROADS, ONLY AT THE TRACK)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.