Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Rotors are hot after ride

389 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tary preisser 
#1 ·
I’ve never owned a bike with 4 piston calipers, is it normal for the rotors to be hot after a ride with very little braking? I put bike on a stand and the wheel spins free with very little drag but I can’t get over the fact that the brakes are getting hot is this normal

#3 ·
I’ve never owned a bike with 4 piston calipers, is it normal for the rotors to be hot after a ride with very little braking? I put bike on a stand and the wheel spins free with very little drag but I can’t get over the fact that the brakes are getting hot is this normal
Hi ,have you done any previous cleaning of the brakes (caliper pistons) ,maybe their just not retracting far enough
Brand new pads, pistons pushed in just fine

#5 · (Edited)
As above,make sure the brake pistons are clean and move properly.

There's always contact between rotor and pads. (drag)

If normal drag, rotors should be pretty warm, but shouldn't be so hot that they burn your finger if you make firm contact. Be careful if you try this, as it's really easy to burn your finger.....

On stands, my personal normal standard is 2+ wheel rotations with my "calibrated" throw of the wheel.

I listen, as the wheel spins......this helps me judge if pads are dragging lightly...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.