600RR.net - View Single Post - InsolentMinx's RR4
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
InsolentMinx
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
So it's been 4 years since my last update.
The bike hasn't really changed a lot in that time, it's just dirtier! I don't get as much time to ride (or money to spend on mods) now that I have 2 young kids, so when I do, I just get a few hours of time in the saddle.

I did get some new tyres last year Michelin Pilot Road 3, and they're great. Also spent out on some short Dainese boots, for when I'm not speeding around in need of the full clunky race boots.
I've been having some trouble with my regulator/rectifier too, so think I'm going to have to get a new one soon. Bike seems to be overcharging the battery, so if out on a long ride I can have trouble starting her again after a stop.
I know Honda R/Rs are known for being temperamental, and the 2003-2004 models had an issue with the lack of a decent heatshield too; so I'm looking at buying one of the upgraded mounting brackets, along with a new R/R. There are used ones on eBay, but I'd just be concerned that an R/R from a similar era may well be on it's way out too.... extra cost I don't really need :(

That aside, here's an updated pic.
I'm still loving the stickerbombing. Everything's still stuck down, which is good.

Steve
'04 CBR 600RR
IBA #40198

Last edited by InsolentMinx; 02-22-2019 at 11:31 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome