oil consumption and engine flooded - 600RR.net
Oil and Lube For discussion of engine oil and lubrication

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oil consumption and engine flooded

so, sunday when i was cleaning my bike i discovered that the oil window was completely empty(bike on straight position), this morning I've added almost 1lt of oil! Is it a normal consumption for a 08 after 10k km?
Also when I was heating it up my father revved the engine and flooded it -.-, bike didn't start.... made the standard procedure(full throttle etc....) and the bike fired up again without problem. Could this be related with the low oil or is just due to the stupid move of my dad?
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 08:33 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
When you had the bike straight up and no oil shown, was the bike on and running? If so, the oil cycles through so you won't see any. When you turn it off, after a few minutes it settles back down and you can see it through the site glass again.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 08:37 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If the bike is working as it should you would have no problems leaving it on the stand and revving it until you're blue in the face so if it truly "flooded" by your father reving the bike, there is something not right.

Do you have a PC or Bazzaz unit on the bike? Seems like it's running rich, hence the flooding at idle.

As far as oil consumption, follow the manual for checking the oil every time. If you stray from EXACTLY what they say you need to do (like say checking it cold, checking it in a rear stand, etc.) you do not have a clear indication if an oil useage pattern. Not saying you can't check the oil in any of the ways I described, but your results will be different checking it different ways. Until you establish a pattern, you are guessing.

Mike

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry-nyc View Post
When you had the bike straight up and no oil shown, was the bike on and running? If so, the oil cycles through so you won't see any. When you turn it off, after a few minutes it settles back down and you can see it through the site glass again.
was off obviously:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miweber929 View Post
If the bike is working as it should you would have no problems leaving it on the stand and revving it until you're blue in the face so if it truly "flooded" by your father reving the bike, there is something not right.
honestly this is the first time in three years that bike stalled.
it was just heating up,temperature was near 40C/100F..my dad revved it and bike litterally slowly died.
tried to turn it on a couple of times but nothing, made the procedure to burn the petrol into the cyl and the bike fired up again at frist try.
The only problem that i know was there was lack of oil.

Quote:
Do you have a PC or Bazzaz unit on the bike? Seems like it's running rich, hence the flooding at idle.
just akra slipon with silencer.
Maybe air filter(stock) dirty?
Bike is running fine right now, just went for a ride and no problem at all...at lest it seems so.
the only thing that i've notice is the exhaust sound, for some reason the noise is more "deep" and the clutch is by far working better.
Quote:
As far as oil consumption, follow the manual for checking the oil every time. If you stray from EXACTLY what they say you need to do (like say checking it cold, checking it in a rear stand, etc.) you do not have a clear indication if an oil useage pattern. Not saying you can't check the oil in any of the ways I described, but your results will be different checking it different ways. Until you establish a pattern, you are guessing.

Mike
copy

Last edited by Domia; 10-01-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page