Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Which bike looks better: 05/06 or 07?

• 05/06

Votes: 108 48.0%

Votes: 61 27.1%
  • Equally good - there are things I like about both.

Votes: 56 24.9%

05/06 or 07: Which looks better?

3K views 47 replies 43 participants last post by  Socially Distorted 
#1 ·
Just curious what everyone thinks. We've been looking at pics of the 07 for a while and it got a lot of hate at first, but some people changed their minds. Which do you think looks better now (I suppose 03/04 is close enough to include it as 05/06)?

#2 ·
they get better as the life progresses...
inverted forks alone kill the 1st gen...

and the 07 blew me away as soon as i saw close up pics...

#5 ·
I would pick 05 because that is what I have, but I do also like the 07, but I really like the gold forks.

#8 ·
hate the tail and the ramair being in the middle of the headlights on the 07's

#9 ·
The '07 still hasn't grown on me and it is butt ugly compared to the 03-06's. WE all liked the no hold barred build of a pure race machine with no compromise. Now we are paying for it by an ugly ass bike that looks like that ONLY to help top pro's shave a tenth off somewhere on a track. I would give up a tiny bit of aerodynamics for better looks as I am nowhere capable of seeing the differnce it would make.

#12 ·
the 07's are starting to grow on me but i still prefer the 05/06's...biased opinion of course.

#13 ·
HRC600RR said:
The '07 still hasn't grown on me and it is butt ugly compared to the 03-06's. WE all liked the no hold barred build of a pure race machine with no compromise. Now we are paying for it by an ugly ass bike that looks like that ONLY to help top pro's shave a tenth off somewhere on a track. I would give up a tiny bit of aerodynamics for better looks as I am nowhere capable of seeing the differnce it would make.
My thoughts exactly.

#31 ·
I'm gonna have to agree with gixxer6, I'm loving the white and thats the color i'm gonna get this month, but the thing where the taillight isn't integrated with the bike seems a little odd.

#19 ·
It's a little unfair of a poll because you have a bunch of 05-06 owners who probably just got their bikes and don't want to think their bikes are obsolete. I liken it to XBOX360 owners who don't want to admit the PS3 is better. But I guess I'm partial to the 07 because the ram-air is reminiscent of an RC51 without the deer-in-headlight headlights. Ooh, I love the RC51...

I'm an 03 owner, so I've had it long enough where you realize it's long in the legs and needs a revision. Like how the BMW 5-series hadn't changed for so long and the interior was looking dated. It needs a revision. The 07 RR is the revision. And it's hot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.