Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

04 CBR Rev Problem

958 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  xHECKSHERx 
#1 ·
2004 Honda CBR 600RR
13K Miles

This started towards the end of last fall, My bike wont rev to 9k rpm's, when I rip the throttle, i only twist it halfway and my bike lags out, im limited to like 85mph, it just starts to lag. I put in brand new spark plugs last August. Any Idea? I think its the fuel pump but pops says its the filter. Fuel lines are fine.

#2 ·
Fuel pump and filter are both togather. Is there an fi light on in you cluster?

#4 ·
is there any crazy smoke coming from the exhaust. (white or black)

#5 ·
None, Everything is fine as far as I can see. I read somewhere that someone with the same problem discovered that one of their spark plugs popped out, but then again more people with this problem have replaced their fuel pumps and their bikes were back to normal again, so Im not sure, Im making a list of the possibilities, for tomorow because Im going to take it apart.

#6 ·
that is waht i am thanking fuel pump. Check air filter, coil and vacuum hoses.

#8 ·
Alright so I went to check the fuel pump area, and discovered my vacuum hose going from the tank had been pinched in two spots, a ton of rust stained water instantly poured out. I just took it for a quick spin, it seems to be running better already, but do you think it could have had some effect on my fuel pump because Im pretty sure I still feel some throttle lag. That hose must have been pinched for at least 5 Months of Solid riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.