600RR.net

600RR.net (https://www.600rr.net/vb/)
-   Buyers Corner (https://www.600rr.net/vb/190-buyers-corner/)
-   -   Which bike should I get? (https://www.600rr.net/vb/190-buyers-corner/341778-bike-should-i-get.html)

jcarroll2007 05-07-2013 02:40 PM

Which bike should I get?
 
Ok so I wrecked my 09 (as a lot of you know from my previous threads) and I'm looking for a new CBR600RR. I really loved the bike and can't bring myself to buy anything else.

Right now I am looking at three bikes

(in order by preference)
  1. 2009 Red and Black with ~3K miles - Trying to talk down to $6500 (listed at $7K) http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/3774585748.html
    LOW mileage, not a big fan of the color. Guy said there are some scratches on the black paint? not exactly sure where
  2. 2008 Silver with 7K miles - $6600
    http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...00rr-110276078
    cheap, like the color.
  3. 2012 Black with 600 miles - $8500 http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...00rr-110194375
    Expensive (compared to the other two) LOVE the color, LOVE the mileage.

So... which one would you guys choose? (Leaving color preference aside really..)

alex09cbr 05-07-2013 02:45 PM

I love the 09 but get the 12


Sent from Motorcycle.com App

jcarroll2007 05-07-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex09cbr (Post 4562602)
I love the 09 but get the 12


Sent from Motorcycle.com App

I know. :sad: My black and silver was, IMO, the best looking one. (Of course I am a little biased considering it was my bike. :thumbup:)

JohnDoubleR 05-07-2013 02:55 PM

I say get the 09. I like that scheme better and it's the same bike. Take the extra cash and get mods!!

crashkhanman 05-07-2013 02:56 PM

I like the '09 and '12 options

Things to consider with the '12: Was the 600 mile service performed? Are they really willing to come off $500 bucks?

Look at what you can find new ones for: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-2...item3f24c5ff31

By scratches on the '09, does he mean dropped? or "swirl" marks that are almost impossible to prevent on black bikes lol $6500 is a good deal for the '09 if it hasn't been dropped.

jcarroll2007 05-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR (Post 4562754)
I say get the 09. I like that scheme better and it's the same bike. Take the extra cash and get mods!!

Yeah like Toce exhaust! I love the dual "naked" pipe look.

Austicus 05-07-2013 02:57 PM

All three seem over priced to me.

Given prices are typically different in different parts of the country but I paid $5,800.00 for a 2009 zx6r with 3K miles and perfect condition.

I would have a hard time paying that price for any of those bikes.

jcarroll2007 05-07-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashkhanman (Post 4562770)
I like the '09 and '12 options

Things to consider with the '12: Was the 600 mile service performed? Are they really willing to come off $500 bucks?

Look at what you can find new ones for: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-2...item3f24c5ff31

By scratches on the '09, does he mean dropped? or "swirl" marks that are almost impossible to prevent on black bikes lol $6500 is a good deal for the '09 if it hasn't been dropped.

Not sure about the service. I'll ask. Thanks! :thumbup: He did say he would sell it for $8500. I get the feeling he is desperate to sell.

As far as the scratches on the '09 goes, I'm not exactly sure. He didn't give me much info.

jcarroll2007 05-07-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austicus (Post 4562802)
All three seem over priced to me.

Given prices are typically different in different parts of the country but I paid $5,800.00 for a 2009 zx6r with 3K miles and perfect condition.

I would have a hard time paying that price for any of those bikes.

Hmm... I'm not really sure I can agree with you. They are all well below NADA's Average retail, except for the '08.

Anyone else agree with Austicus?

Austicus 05-07-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcarroll2007 (Post 4562890)
Hmm... I'm not really sure I can agree with you. They are all well below NADA's Average retail, except for the '08.

Anyone else agree with Austicus?

There is the possibility I'm just lucky where I live and bikes go for less here, however that is only lucky if you are buying and not selling.

crashkhanman 05-07-2013 03:19 PM

They are decent deals especially for the time you're buying. Are they steals...no. Will an '09 Honda with 3k in mint condition ever sell for $5800 during prime time...HIGHLY unlikely. But yes, deals do come up.

If I recall correctly both my '09s I picked up with under 700 miles for $6200 and $6500 but the time of year was not peak season.

If I was considering paying 8500 for an '12 with 650 miles on it...I would not blink to buy brand new for 8900.00 and have the piece of mind that I broke the bike in properly, etc. I think 8500 for last year model thats been used is a little much. I would expect to pay 8 during prime time.

JohnDoubleR 05-07-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austicus (Post 4562802)
All three seem over priced to me.

Given prices are typically different in different parts of the country but I paid $5,800.00 for a 2009 zx6r with 3K miles and perfect condition.

I would have a hard time paying that price for any of those bikes.

That's not bad. But it seems like ninjas just generally tend to go for lower? There's an 08 with 6k miles asking $5900 here and it's pristine. He can't sell it. But if that was a cbr I know that would go lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Tater S 05-07-2013 03:27 PM

They seem a little high to me as well.
I love the 09's paint scheme. The others seem a bit boring, but that's me.

Hendricks433 05-07-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austicus (Post 4562802)
All three seem over priced to me.

Given prices are typically different in different parts of the country but I paid $5,800.00 for a 2009 zx6r with 3K miles and perfect condition.

I would have a hard time paying that price for any of those bikes.

Thats a steal. Bikes are not that cheap around here.

JohnDoubleR 05-07-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashkhanman (Post 4563066)
They are decent deals especially for the time you're buying. Are they steals...no. Will an '09 Honda with 3k in mint condition ever sell for $5800 during prime time...HIGHLY unlikely. But yes, deals do come up.

+1 to this. if you want a deal wait til the snow hits. then you can steal:gun1:

Austicus 05-07-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR (Post 4563090)
That's not bad. But it seems like ninjas just generally tend to go for lower? There's an 08 with 6k miles asking $5900 here and it's pristine. He can't sell it. But if that was a cbr I know that would go lol

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps248b12dd.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps5a8b8dcf.jpg

Why you gotta hate ninja's!?

:crackup:

jcarroll2007 05-07-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR (Post 4563178)
+1 to this. if you want a deal wait til the snow hits. then you can steal:gun1:


Oh man... there is no way I can wait that long!

TheX 05-07-2013 03:47 PM

Turbo BooooooSA!

JohnDoubleR 05-07-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austicus (Post 4563210)

Bahaha king of memes right here. :crackup:

I don't hate! Fine let me have yours and I'll promise I'll like it.

Enough people hate on my gixxers here anyway... We are in the same boat!

Lets team up and destroy Honda fanboys! Johnny Tran about to hit VTEC!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Austicus 05-07-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR (Post 4563370)
Bahaha king of memes right here. :crackup:

I don't hate! Fine let me have yours and I'll promise I'll like it.

Enough people hate on my gixxers here anyway... We are in the same boat!

Lets team up and destroy Honda fanboys! Johnny Tran about to hit VTEC!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

:crackup::crackup:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps9559854a.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps529228ba.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...psea1597bb.jpg

Honda fan boys can consider them selves destroyed!!!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps131ce9b9.jpg

sweatiingbullets 05-07-2013 06:13 PM

Sorry, but they are all great prices as compared to here. That 08 would easily go for 8k here. And the 09, close to 10k. The 12, I wouldn't want to think about. I looked at a 13 last weekend. 15k. Yeah, everything is over priced here.

TheX 05-07-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR (Post 4563370)

I don't hate! Fine let me have yours and I'll promise I'll like it.

Enough people hate on my gixxers here anyway... We are in the same boat!

Never any gixxer hate from me, love 'em.

JohnDoubleR 05-07-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheX (Post 4564818)
Never any gixxer hate from me, love 'em.

Haha! so the next time somebody disses my gixxer on here I will counter with, "Well TheX loves them."

Their previous statement will become completely invalidated

:crackup:


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

dsid 05-07-2013 06:45 PM

2009.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

jcarroll2007 05-08-2013 08:22 AM

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...00rr-110260607

So I was looking at this bike and it says that the Fuel filter/pump has been replaced. Would anyone steer away from it because of this reason?

jcarroll2007 05-08-2013 01:56 PM

Ok, I think I found the bike I'm going to get.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/3784979320.html

I'm going to try to talk him down to 6200

JohnDoubleR 05-08-2013 02:00 PM

That 07 is a better deal. Maybe the bike sat for too long and it got clogged?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

jcarroll2007 05-08-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR (Post 4570890)
That 07 is a better deal. Maybe the bike sat for too long and it got clogged?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Would you be worried about buying that bike? I'm not very savvy when it comes to the mechanics. Thanks! :shakehand

JohnDoubleR 05-08-2013 02:03 PM

Imagine if you got that 07 for $5400 if it checks out. That's not bad breh!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

jcarroll2007 05-08-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR (Post 4570946)
Imagine if you got that 07 for $5400 if it checks out. That's not bad breh!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

True true. Just wondering about the fuel pump... I'll check it out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin | vBadvanced CMPS & Gallery
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome